Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Durango

Old 06-12-2010

Post Swapping ZX5 to a Durango 410r

Hi guys

Thinking of swapping my ZX5 for a Durango and are unsure on how easy it is to drive and also the availaibility of spares and all the huge difference in ball diffs to geared ones with oil. Any advice and hellp would be appreciated?

Also how easy is it to setup?

Been a few years and last car raced was a Pred XK98. Proves how oong ago that was

Any help and advice is cool

Cheers

Windy
Old 06-12-2010
Mad Member

Personally i have had the Lazer but now got the Durango i find it easyer to drive. There is plenty of info on oOple for set up and on the Durango website also trackside if your struggling.

Spares availabilty is not a problem MB Models in Leeds has very good stock of parts. www.mbmodels.net

Paul

Trader feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25152
Old 06-12-2010
Mad Member

Send a message via Skype™ to purplenut
Talking

I've driven the lazer great car but not used my 410 yet but if it drives like it builds it's going to be awsome.
Cougar works
Losi 8E Tuggy brushless
4 boys(will be expensive in rc world)
Old 06-12-2010

I take it you haven't tried out 1/8 scale before since not using geared diffs. With the high power of brushless motors/lipos etc. geared diffs make tuning better due to the different thickness of oils. Team Durango parts/kits are pretty easy to get your hands on now and there prices are pretty good.
Old 16-12-2010

Still unsure on weather to change as not run the ZX5 yet as no electrics installed. i understand that the diffs in the durango are geared but what sort of maintenace do you need to do on them compared to say a ball diff???If any and also been reading that the ball cups need changing is that due to bad design or they just pop of very easy in a crash. Was a bit heavy handed with the pred so used to having to rebuild diffs etc, but want something easier as dongt have the time know to do all that sort of maintenace etc.

Any help advise is appreciated

Cheers

Windy
Old 16-12-2010

Maintenance wise it is a doddle. I have no time/am very lazy and do no maint. Since I built mine in March I have not checked or stripped down anything and so for the only problems I've had were a broken 1.5mm pin in a driveshaft (standard), a bent shock shaft (my fault) and a snapped rear wing mount (obviously my fault again). I keep on thinking that I'll rebuild the diffs one day but just don't get round to it. To be honest it's a of a sickener knowing I've got loads of money tied up in spares that I just haven't used.

The diffs were the main reason I went for this over other buggies.
Old 19-12-2010

I have both a durango and a zx5.

The zx5 is the easiest 4wd of all to drive.

The durango is always very taily, doesnt matter how you set it up, its always on the edge.

my few cents!