Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 12th & 10th On Road

Old 22-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by B3buggy View Post
This is going to be awesome!
Couple of quick questions, How stock is stock? Screws? Shimmed top deck?
Does the body have to be stock? Cooling holes?
What will be checked at the random scruitineering?

The driver change rule could be hectic, no long stints :-( how do you check the driver is always changed everytime you stop for cells?

Sometimes the less rules the better. Less things to check, Scruitineer and penalise for.

Single handout transponder? Or pt?

Getting itchy thumbs already! Just want to get racing!

Ross
Worcester warriors
Good point on the rules front, especially the driver changes, I might revise this one as I for one do not want to police it.

As far as the kit is concerned shims, screws, washers can be added.
Old 22-03-2011

Just to clarify the team marshals the team's own car, the cars have reverse, so the only time the car will need marshalling is if it is broken or on it's roof. :-) You won't be running off the rostrum to marshal your own car, just your team will be walking to collect your car.
Old 23-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotussmart View Post
Just to clarify the team marshals the team's own car, the cars have reverse, so the only time the car will need marshalling is if it is broken or on it's roof. :-) You won't be running off the rostrum to marshal your own car, just your team will be walking to collect your car.
I understand that, but if someone rolls onto their roof, and they're marshall is at the other side of the track, my instinct, and I'm guessing most others is to marshall that car anyway, rather than wait for my marshall to walk to run to the car.

So, I'm going to invest in a shre-meck
Old 23-03-2011

NOW FULLY BOOKED!!!

15 teams, and these are the lucky ones. If you have a team and are looking for drivers please post here as I am directing everyone to this thread.

The lucky teams are as follows in no particular order:

Ardent Racing Team (Paid in full)
MMR Flux/ Chippenham Model Car Club (Paid in full)
Doris Racing Team (Deposit paid)
Worcester Warriors (Deposit Paid)
Dudley Radio Car Club (Deposit Paid)
Keighley Team A (Deposit Paid)
Keighley Team B (Deposit Paid)
Team Ward (name tbc) (Deposit Paid)
HPI Racing Team (Deposit Paid)
Team Richards (Deposit Paid)
Chand-a-Cola Racing Team (Deposit Paid)
SPC-UK Racing Team (Deposit Paid)
RCDisCo Racing Team (Deposit Paid)
Dan Brown Racing team (Name tbc) (Deposit Guaranteed Saturday)
Percy Racing Team (name tbc) Deposit Guaranteed this weekend)

With this we have our 15 teams!!!!! Congratulations all of you, you are about to experience something that will last in your minds forever and a room, buzzing with competition, laughter, 90 people and 15 teams all wanting to win. I personally can not think of ANYTHING better.
Old 23-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by sldmodels View Post
I understand that, but if someone rolls onto their roof, and they're marshall is at the other side of the track, my instinct, and I'm guessing most others is to marshall that car anyway, rather than wait for my marshall to walk to run to the car.

So, I'm going to invest in a shre-meck
And if you did marshal that other team's car you would get a 10 lap penalty. :-)
Old 23-03-2011

87 tooth 'kit' spur and 34 tooth pinion, I read it upside down :-)
Old 23-03-2011

Wow, with only six drivers in a team that's a lot of roles to cover:
1x driver
1x charger
1x driver-in-waiting (for changeovers)
and at least 1 marshal

Better tear up that sleep-rota!

Will there be rules about walking across the track to recover upturned cars? Will marshals have to be designated (and wearing their hi-viz, especially during the dusk session!)?
Old 23-03-2011

6 drivers per team, but as many mechanics as you want, so you could drive, marshall, go to sleep while your other half, children, office tea boy / girl charges your cells, preps your tyres etc.
Old 23-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuackingPlums View Post
Wow, with only six drivers in a team that's a lot of roles to cover:
1x driver
1x charger
1x driver-in-waiting (for changeovers)
and at least 1 marshal

Better tear up that sleep-rota!

Will there be rules about walking across the track to recover upturned cars? Will marshals have to be designated (and wearing their hi-viz, especially during the dusk session!)?
Happy birthday by the way :-) yes you will have to wear your Hi Viz jacket. I would have the next driver to do the marshalling armed with a new lipo, that way they can see how the race is currently unfolding and how the car is currently handling also they are there as soon as the car runs flat so can switch straight away and I would have old driver and new driver do the battery change together. That way the other 4 are used for charging and maintenance. I worked it out that you would get at least an hours break :-)

Cars will also have lights on so marshals can see cars coming.
Old 23-03-2011

[QUOTE=lotussmart;478757]

So we will be swapping the kit motors for Saturn 20Ts.[QUOTE]

There good motors, nice and cheap too! Will there be a limit on how many motors you can use?

Old 23-03-2011

I'm wondering what the lapping situation is gonna be? I think every pass should be a racing one, cos after a few hours its unlikely many people will be on the same lap, so it'll be crap if we just have to move over, there won't be any racing. Yea so I say no moving over, it has to be an overtaking move every time you want past someone. What'ya think?
Old 23-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swalls View Post
I'm wondering what the lapping situation is gonna be? I think every pass should be a racing one, cos after a few hours its unlikely many people will be on the same lap, so it'll be crap if we just have to move over, there won't be any racing. Yea so I say no moving over, it has to be an overtaking move every time you want past someone. What'ya think?
Someone needs to put some R&D into a scaled down version of the 3 light LED system used on the side of the cars in ACO endurance events

I suspect projecting the timing screen onto the wall to act as a leader board may be a simpler option. Then its just common sense whether you defend or let by. No point racing/risking an accident with someone that’s 20 laps up or down on you.
Old 23-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by V1nce View Post
Someone needs to put some R&D into a scaled down version of the 3 light LED system used on the side of the cars in ACO endurance events

I suspect projecting the timing screen onto the wall to act as a leader board may be a simpler option. Then its just common sense whether you defend or let by. No point racing/risking an accident with someone that’s 20 laps up or down on you.
But after only a short while almost no-one will be on the same lap? So if you just move to let lapped people by it'll be properly boring as there will be almost no racing at all, it'll just be a 24hr long time trial. I'm not suggesting people have each other off, nice clean racing, but racing for every pass. If you are that fast then it won't take you long to pass anyway. Its just a thought as I want this to be as exciting as possible.
Old 23-03-2011

U'll end up picking your way through traffic anyway... can you imagine the crap offline after a few hours? I'm not going out there for no bugger.
Old 23-03-2011

Double post
Old 23-03-2011

As Swallis says - the field really isn't going to be THAT close after 5000 laps so there's probably no point in enforcing that rule, unless it turns out through some fluke that there really is a fight between first and second place or something!

On another note: will the cafe be open all night? If not, can I bring my espresso machine?
Old 23-03-2011

Does any team need a driver?
Old 23-03-2011

Quote:
As Swallis says - the field really isn't going to be THAT close after 5000 laps so there's probably no point in enforcing that rule, unless it turns out through some fluke that there really is a fight between first and second place or something!

On another note: will the cafe be open all night? If not, can I bring my espresso machine?
Beer and Relentless (or should that be Kick Energy?) is all you need. Saying that though I'll probably quite fancy a brew at some point.

So are we saying no letting peeps by? Unless you really want to of course, but thats a bit tame and boring of you if you do.
Old 23-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swalls View Post
So are we saying no letting peeps by? Unless you really want to of course, but thats a bit tame and boring of you if you do.
I don't make the rules, but I'm sure John will want to keep it both interesting and competitive so I trust him to make the right decision... I don't even have a confirmed team drive yet so I don't know why I'm chipping in!
Old 23-03-2011

Quote:
I don't make the rules, but I'm sure John will want to keep it both interesting and competitive so I trust him to make the right decision... I don't even have a confirmed team drive yet so I don't know why I'm chipping in!
We are racers, what's this moving over to let another team by??? Try policing that, I for one have winning on my mind :-)

Eric try Dez, he's after drivers with wheel transmitters.

Motors you will get 1 motor and another 2 you can purchase for performance advantages. If you reach your limit but the motor expires/burns out, you can purchase more. However I think with the gearing we have chosen the Saturn could well last 24 hours.

I'm going to have to build a webpage with the rules on as i'm getting questions that have already been answered, not your problem, just an observation and an action for me this evening :-)