Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > XRAY

Old 20-09-2016
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentKa View Post
Are you for real Neal

This is excactly how stupid rumours get started by people that don't know s**t.

If Paul's diff is "exploding" I'll gladly teach him how to build a diff.......sounds like he could use a little help.

We tried some different weights in the XB2 diff but settled on 15K due to the silly tire wear of the new MiniPin1 tires......and it worked awesome.

As far as I know, after talking to all of them, none of the Team Drivers had diff issues. And that includes Bruno C., Martin B., Martin W., Hupo H., Nico N., Joel V., Kaja N., Milan M., Max G. and us.

But maybe you know something that none of us drivers know of.......

Bent
Old 20-09-2016

Well said,, can I just make it clear that Paul Crompton striped 2 idler gears,,,,, he did not have a exploding diff😂😂 as it's put

Absima - Electrics
Old 20-09-2016

Last edited by BentKa; 14-04-2019 at 05:10 PM.
Old 20-09-2016
Mad Member

Quote:
And the entire team ran the same diff in the new XT2 truck as well with no issues both in the stock class and the modified class with boosted 6.5T and bigger truck tires.

I guess we ran the entire weekend with blown diffs without knowing.........

Bent
Old 20-09-2016

Last edited by BentKa; 14-04-2019 at 05:10 PM.
Old 20-09-2016
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiboom85 View Post
Well said,, can I just make it clear that Paul Crompton striped 2 idler gears,,,,, he did not have a exploding diff😂😂 as it's put
While I value your clarification on the gearbox issues, I don't agree with "well said". TBH Bent's reply put me more off than an "exploding" diff could have done. I don't know if Bent and Neal have history or not, but as a rare guest in the xray forums I must admit I am a little shocked.

IMHO a new car due to a new gearbox does make sense indeed. While nobody has to buy the full kit if he or she already has the '16 version, it would be annoying for a new customer having to buy the old version and the new parts to get to bring it to the current level and thus spend more than necessary.
Further to the issues not experienced by the team: In my experience, average drivers often suffer damage where pro drivers don't. I've seen plenty Durangos and TeamCs fail in the hands of mere mortals while the likes of Jörn Neumann have finished their meeting on the very same track and day without any problems. As I am not that skilled, I tend to bulletproof most of my kits with titanium turnbuckles, aluminium parts and the like. Any (valid) failure reports on forums are valuable when it comes to choosing a new kit.
Old 20-09-2016

Last edited by BentKa; 14-04-2019 at 05:11 PM.
Old 20-09-2016
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Are you for real Neal

This is excactly how stupid rumours get started by people that don't know s**t.

If Paul's diff is "exploding" I'll gladly teach him how to build a diff.......sounds like he could use a little help.

We tried some different weights in the XB2 diff but settled on 15K due to the silly tire wear of the new MiniPin1 tires......and it worked awesome.

As far as I know, after talking to all of them, none of the Team Drivers had diff issues. And that includes Bruno C., Martin B., Martin W., Hupo H., Nico N., Joel V., Kaja N., Milan M., Max G. and us.

But maybe you know something that none of us drivers know of.......

Bent
Paul told me his diff broke when I asked about how his finals went. That's all I know.
Local club racers I speak with have also had issues with the diff design, and I've seen calls for a revision to seal it properly as it likes to leak oil, and also chew plastic gears. I'll leave it there, as I don't run the car, so can't comment any further.

Bent, don't attack me personally. Speaking of self proclaimed ex-spurts, Remember back a few meetings ago, you were the one who told me the barking/slipping ball diff noise I was hearing "was a combination of the motor and slipper clutch", when you knew fair well that it was a slipping ball diff. Quite why you were running a ball diff on such high traction carpet was clearly masking another issue? I smelled bull-sh*t then, and you were trying to cover up a badly performing or setup car, when there was really no need to.
I realise you are defending your product and team, but sometimes issues happen, be honest about it, and you learn and move on. Automatic defence and a failure to understand consumer's issue with a product, creates suspicion and doubt, which people will then perceive as a negative, and maybe the rumours become truth? Stupid rumours get started when the company doesn't listen to the people having the issues, blaming them, not the product... And by the way, I haven't started any rumours.

I agree with you on the tyre wear, and I saw this coming based on how they wear back home, compared with originals.

This last weekend saw some fantastic performances from xray team drivers, Hupo, Joel, Kaja, and others up to the usual tricks ;-)
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 20-09-2016
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
We don't have a "history" other than him coming on the Xray threads to spread false rumors.

He knows all to well that none of the drivers had problems with "exploding" diffs at the EOS........so why come on here and report problems that don't exist ?!?!?

Oh wait......he's a Yokomo fan boy

I helped out a ton of Xray drivers at the EOS with setup and not a single one had diff issues.

On the other hand the YZ4 is going through idler gears like they were made of crackers.

Dont't see Neal mentioning that do you

If you come on another brands thread to spread false info you can only expect to be treated accordingly.

Or do you think he should be entitled to spread whatever rumors he finds to his liking

Nuff said.......

Bent
No Mes, we haven't, I've always had the greatest respect for Bent and what's doing with his talented daughter.

I'd always said he was a nice person when local xray customers had been attacked or had had a heated discussion with him for raising an issue or question about their product, and had asked me about him as they knew I'd met him personally.

I'm no yokomo fan boy, no more than Bent is of xray. I pay my money for stuff I like. I've played the xray "luxury price tag" game, and won't be going back, certainly not now, despite the new XB4 being a fantastic performing car.

Remember bent, i'm not the one advertising and working for a brand in a public forum. Your comments and personal attacks do reflect on the xray brand.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 20-09-2016

Last edited by BentKa; 14-04-2019 at 05:11 PM.
Old 20-09-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by mes View Post
While I value your clarification on the gearbox issues, I don't agree with "well said". TBH Bent's reply put me more off than an "exploding" diff could have done. I don't know if Bent and Neal have history or not, but as a rare guest in the xray forums I must admit I am a little shocked.

IMHO a new car due to a new gearbox does make sense indeed. While nobody has to buy the full kit if he or she already has the '16 version, it would be annoying for a new customer having to buy the old version and the new parts to get to bring it to the current level and thus spend more than necessary.
Further to the issues not experienced by the team: In my experience, average drivers often suffer damage where pro drivers don't. I've seen plenty Durangos and TeamCs fail in the hands of mere mortals while the likes of Jörn Neumann have finished their meeting on the very same track and day without any problems. As I am not that skilled, I tend to bulletproof most of my kits with titanium turnbuckles, aluminium parts and the like. Any (valid) failure reports on forums are valuable when it comes to choosing a new kit.
Bent honest xray guy daugther team driver
Neil hates everything not Yokomo which i think is fair to say
Old 20-09-2016

Quote:
You haven't started any rumors by clearly stating that Xray have a problem with exploding gear diffs Come on.......get real.

If you are referring to us running the ball diff at the last round of the EOS in April......yes we were running it as Malin always prefers the ball diff over the gear diff.......but in that one heat I put the ball diff in the wrong way and with all the hard braking it worked itself loose and Malin had a very rare DNF.

Was that any fault of the ball diff ? No, only a mistake by myself changing diff 2 minutes before her heat started and failing to do my job properly.

And yes we always run a ball diff if the track is not too tight.
If it is filled with 180's we run a gear diff as the ball diff limits rotation.

And no......the gear diff doesn't leak if you build it correctly.
As in soaking the the orings in silicone oil before assembly and NOT covering them in grease (which will hinder the orings swelling and sealing properly).

2 mistakes commonly made building the gear diff is;
  1. Over tightening the 2.5 mm screws allowing the diff house to expand and leak oil as well as ruin the mesh of the satellite and planet gears.
  2. Covering the orings in grease stopping them from swelling and keeping the diff leak free.

Stupid rumors get started by people like you not knowing what you are on about.

And yes I consider myself an "expert" on the XB2 as we have been involved since day one running all the different layouts, materials and printed parts.

At the most we've had 4 different cars running simultaneously to compare setups, layouts and materials.

I am a nice person

I just don't tolerate people spreading false information and then trying to defend it when called out.

I help 10-15 Xray drivers each and every day with issues, setups and what to order and where.

I don't have any I ssues with 990 out 1000 users........but you always have those that can not or won't be helped or just want to argue for the sake of arguing.

My knowledge is based on first hand use and development of the product and direct feedback from hundreds of users, yours on the other hand is based on hearsay.

And yet you are the one with exclusive rights on reporting "problems"........problems that don't exist.

And if you feel I'm attacking you maybe you should stop spreading hearsay and starting rumors ?

If not then yes I will keep calling you out on it.

Grow up Neal

Maybe we should discuss how the YZ4 drivers are using AE idler gears to keep them from stripping constantly instead ?!?!?!

Bent
i must say i have owned a Xb2 and i had no gearbox issues ever i just didnt rush putting it together...

the only real thing was the new kyosho coming out and i am a big kyosho fan but fair play to bent with all your posts and help on FB and on here
Old 20-09-2016

I think everyone needs to calm down........before someone blows a diff!
Old 20-09-2016
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

One does not simply start rumours about exploding diffs, or idler gears
Old 20-09-2016

BREAKING NEWS....disaster hits XRAY HQ when new diff testing ends in tears!
[/URL][/IMG]
Old 20-09-2016

oi....that's how rumors start!
Old 20-09-2016
Mad Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Steven Forster
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedward View Post
BREAKING NEWS....disaster hits XRAY HQ when new diff testing ends in tears!
[/URL][/IMG]

Ex Club Chairman

Visit our Face Book Page for address and to book in

https://www.facebook.com/groups/289589121226171/

http://www.neamotorsport.co.uk/
Old 20-09-2016
Mad Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Steven Forster

Quote:
Originally Posted by honrico Diablo View Post
I think everyone needs to calm down........before someone blows a diff!
Quote:
Originally Posted by honrico Diablo View Post
oi....that's how rumors start!

Ex Club Chairman

Visit our Face Book Page for address and to book in

https://www.facebook.com/groups/289589121226171/

http://www.neamotorsport.co.uk/
Old 20-09-2016
Mad Member

Old 20-09-2016
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Last edited by neallewis; 20-09-2016 at 07:43 PM.