Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Schumacher

Old 29-03-2011

Default Cougar Setup Question

Just curious, does anybody run any extra weight when running outdoor on astro?

If so what are you running and where?

cheers

Old 29-03-2011
Lion-O - King of the Thundercats

Send a message via MSN to bigred5765 Send a message via Skype™ to bigred5765

matty runs 15-20 grms under the servo thats it,
Old 29-03-2011

Personally, I run 20g in the front under the servo and 15g around the receiver. The front weight is to try and keep the front end down under acceleration and the 15g around the receiver helps to balance out the speedo because I run the small KO's. Other than that I haven't found a need for weight. The total weight of my car was around 1500g last year, but was as low as 1474g at some points

On the other hand, plenty of people do run more weight, and it will make the car easier to drive for the average racer. In my opinion this makes it slower for me, hence I don't run much.
Old 29-03-2011

Well after running it at Worksop last Sunday, I wasn't running any weight at all, and I loved how the car felt and handled. I managed to stick it in the 'C' Final and it was my first time ever driving the cougar, (and my best result yet ). I have seen a lot of people using the rear weight but I have been told this can give a pendulum effect on the car. I don't want to lose any speed, or unsettle the general balance of the car, but would like a little more front end when getting on the power out of corners, hence asking you guy's your weight secrets

Old 30-03-2011

I have also noticed, the more you push the Cougar, the better it feels

Old 30-03-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun 'TheSheep' Atkinson View Post
Well after running it at Worksop last Sunday, I wasn't running any weight at all, and I loved how the car felt and handled. I managed to stick it in the 'C' Final and it was my first time ever driving the cougar, (and my best result yet ). I have seen a lot of people using the rear weight but I have been told this can give a pendulum effect on the car. I don't want to lose any speed, or unsettle the general balance of the car, but would like a little more front end when getting on the power out of corners, hence asking you guy's your weight secrets

Hi Shaun

I had both the front and rear Trishbits weights fitted initially but removed the rear one after struggling at Worksop with steering. The biggest difference to the steering i found was made by removing the option caster blocks i had built the car with and fitting the standard ones back on ! I found this by accident after not having a spare option block. I managed two 8th overall in round times after doing this and almost made the bottom of the A by doing so. Also my best result there too. Yours looked good mate, i saw you racing.

Rich

See My Feedback

Old 30-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich D View Post
Hi Shaun

I had both the front and rear Trishbits weights fitted initially but removed the rear one after struggling at Worksop with steering. The biggest difference to the steering i found was made by removing the option caster blocks i had built the car with and fitting the standard ones back on ! I found this by accident after not having a spare option block. I managed two 8th overall in round times after doing this and almost made the bottom of the A by doing so. Also my best result there too. Yours looked good mate, i saw you racing.

Rich
I'm going to have to check my car as I didn't take much notice as to which it has on it lol I only got it a few day's before Worksop

The car itself felt amazing! I just need to sort out the driver now and stop making silly mistakes...