Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Associated

Old 17-06-2014

Default B5M Factory Team ?

Whilst I am not questioning the quality of the Team B5M, do people think that a 'Factory Team' version will be coming out shortly ?

Seeing as I am not in a rush to order one is it worth waiting ?

regs
Old 17-06-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Big G Send a message via Skype™ to Big G

no official word has been said about an FT version although there has been a steady stream of FT parts being released since the B5(M) came along.

Will have to wait and see I'm afraid unless you just wanted to buy the sexy FT parts and put them onto the Team kit.
Old 17-06-2014

hubs
steering
hexes
shock mounts
rear arm mounts
turnbuckles
motor mount
carbon battery strap

am I missing anything or anything not released yet ?
Old 17-06-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Anti-Roll bar
Geared diff
Alloy front brace
Old 17-06-2014

Old 17-06-2014

I put the geared diff in mine at the weekend. Has anyone tried the anti roll bar yet? At £28 I want to hear some opinions first
Old 17-06-2014

I buy most my associated upgrades from the USA as it so much cheaper. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Associ...item5b00dafaa1
Old 17-06-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

and then all the UK model shops shut because we're all buying from the USA...
Old 18-06-2014

then they should match there prices better, why should we pay more for the same item from the UK?
Old 18-06-2014

its not just rc parts its pretty much everything.
Old 18-06-2014

That's why they call the UK, treasure Island!
Old 18-06-2014
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex97 View Post
then they should match there prices better, why should we pay more for the same item from the UK?

Because the UK prices will already include the 20% VAT in them enforced by our government that your "import" price will not have until it reaches our shores....

Nothing like blaming the UK shops without knowing the details....
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 18-06-2014

The internet has a lot to answer for where local business in concerned.
Old 18-06-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren Boyle View Post
Because the UK prices will already include the 20% VAT in them enforced by our government that your "import" price will not have until it reaches our shores....

Nothing like blaming the UK shops without knowing the details....
How about reducing margins so you sell more simples. Since the economy went down hill people look for the chespest option which in some cases it's shopping abroad.

It's better shifting parts and kits in quantities rather than score on the margin selling less. Even worse not reducing prices so you have a kit or spares less than you paid for it.

2011 Muchmore GP 4wd Champion

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 18-06-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpackster1980 View Post
How about reducing margins so you sell more simples. Since the economy went down hill people look for the chespest option which in some cases it's shopping abroad.

It's better shifting parts and kits in quantities rather than score on the margin selling less. Even worse not reducing prices so you have a kit or spares less than you paid for it.
think you will find there is tiny margin is rc car gear
Old 18-06-2014
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpackster1980 View Post

If only you knew the sizes of the margins in this industry........

Just out of interest and curiosity, how much do you suspect a model shop makes on a spare or option part priced at say £9.99 for example?

(This is BEFORE the shop itself is paid for (rent etc), plus - lighting, electric, phone/internet, website costs, rates, staff wages, insurance, advertising, heating/cooling etc are all taken out or discounts of any type are offered to the customers) please have a guess, I will be surprised if you are close...........

And I chose "spares or parts" deliberately since this is the element of our trade that is "supposed" to carry the largest margins for us, so they say, kits and larger parts are MUCH lower!!
Old 18-06-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan may View Post
think you will find there is tiny margin is rc car gear
Their maybe on certain manufacturers but not all. In which case it's the UK distributor at fault and unfortunately CML could do more to help shops. Yes the government doesn't help (I hate the two faced b******ds) but they are only part of the issue.

A good example of greed but not on the shops behalf. I used to have a B44 and it was £7 for crown gears before shipping. I bought the same gears £5 delivered to my door from Losi parts warehouse.

Am I a bad person for it? No. I was sick of being taken for a mug by greedy people. The worst thing about all of this is the shops suffer a lot more compared to distributors.

Don't just blame the government it's down to greed. No wonder the economic growth is so piss poor because greedy companies try and take as much as they can of what little money we have.

Rant over I'm going to have my dinner and look into getting into politics.

2011 Muchmore GP 4wd Champion

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 18-06-2014

I had a big sensible post about this but scrapped it

To answer the question (a bit) about the ft version, yes its worth the wait as the hop ups definetly improve the car one way or another, my guess is by the time its available and on sale LOCALLY, you could of purchased a one now and upgraded to ft later thus supporting shops twice and continueously until then and after in spares.
Old 18-06-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren Boyle View Post
If only you knew the sizes of the margins in this industry........

Just out of interest and curiosity, how much do you suspect a model shop makes on a spare or option part priced at say £9.99 for example?

(This is BEFORE the shop itself is paid for (rent etc), plus - lighting, electric, phone/internet, website costs, rates, staff wages, insurance, advertising, heating/cooling etc are all taken out or discounts of any type are offered to the customers) please have a guess, I will be surprised if you are close...........

And I chose "spares or parts" deliberately since this is the element of our trade that is "supposed" to carry the largest margins for us, so they say, kits and larger parts are MUCH lower!!
I'm guessing about 33%. Some people hardly spend a penny on their cars, then you get the hardcore few who throw some big $$$ into it. It's probably the bashers that keep model shops going.
Old 18-06-2014
oOple Advertiser

Try around £2.49 (24%) to a maximum of just over £3 (30%) if we are lucky. As I mentioned before kits and higher priced items are even less.

Take your running cost's out of that (approx 10%) and staff wages etc and you can easily work out for yourself how much a model shop needs to take to make ends meet, let alone make a profit......