Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Vintage RC

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 13-06-2019

Default TOP Models Hybrid

I have posted this up pretty much everywhere else, but am adding it here also. I absolutely love the look of this car and am very very chuffed to have been able to retain and use the original TOP Models Hybrid bodyshell.

I picked this up a few months ago, and have given it a sympathetic scrub down, although I didn't really want to fully strip and restore it to shelf condition as I intend racing it. I have recently touched up the very ropey early 90's paint and made it as white as I can, then added some 90's floro stickers to jazz it up a little. It is extremely rare to find such a complete RPM chassis set in white, let alone for it to still have every HYBRID additional kit part as sold by TOP Models in kit form from late '92 onwards. It even came with spare wheels sets and a couple of spring options. I have been told only 20 of these kits were actually ever sold by TOP Models, so a rare beast indeed. The shell was specially commissioned (I was told Racecraft by one person, so I have added a Racecraft sticker but I have no official confirmation on that).

I managed to get hold of a load of original TOP Models stickers so they have been added, plus a Missile 15Triple motor which I restored and had rebuilt late last year.

There was supposedly an issue with rear chassis flex on these so the TOP team drivers added a thin piece of carbon fibre below the gearbox to solve this, and having a quick nose I have discovered that my car has this particular mod
Yokomo Works '91, RC10 Graphite Custom, TOP Models Hybrid, 2 x 870c, CAT XL, AYK Pro Radiant x3, Pb Maxima, SG Coyote Custom, Marui Samurai, Hot Trick/Trinity Optima, 2 x Mardave Meteors, Prototype Meteor, original Sand Scorcher.