Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Vintage RC

Old 29-11-2015

Gearbox on:
Kept things original in this car. Diff rebuilt and feels nice and smooth now. It only had 2 bearing and 4 thrust balls to start with
Old 29-11-2015

This one is now complete too :-)
Shinydrive

Only thing missing is std battery brace but one on the way :-D
Old 29-11-2015

Body and a wing on:
Anybody fancies a B3 lol?
Old 01-12-2015
Spends too long on oOple ...

Very very nice

Ok after doing an event this weekend, found the perfect carpet set up. Size one all round pistons, 30wt front oil with black springs, 35wt rear oil with silver springs. 25 degree castor blocks. Tie rod ball joint Inner hole on front shock tower and rear tower. middle hole on front tower if using three hole for top of shock, and middle / inner on rear (basically i prefer front & rear shocks angled identically. Rear wishbones, middle hole (if using 3 hole wishbones, otherwise outer if 2 holes). Front wishbone outer hole. Battery saddle pack forward placement with foam insers by rear tower. 10g weight on either side of full size servo (used for more weight). Vts slipper clutch fitted with ceramic diff balls and tungsten thrust race. Rear hubs set on middle. 2wd slim yellow mini pins and uncut, rear yellow mini pins uncut. Ride height rear with 1mm spring spacer and no spring clamp. Front with spring clamp and 4mm spacer. Shocks worked better with 1mm pack so gets hard to push shaft fully into body 1mm from end of travel, with standard silver shock shafts as gold is a lot harder to get pack.

Hope this helps
Answer UK team driver
Designer of the Lazer ZX/ZXR carbon fibre tub chassis
Designer of the Lazer ZXRS
Old 02-12-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshy40 View Post
Very very nice

Ok after doing an event this weekend, found the perfect carpet set up. Size one all round pistons, 30wt front oil with black springs, 35wt rear oil with silver springs. 25 degree castor blocks. Tie rod ball joint Inner hole on front shock tower and rear tower. middle hole on front tower if using three hole for top of shock, and middle / inner on rear (basically i prefer front & rear shocks angled identically. Rear wishbones, middle hole (if using 3 hole wishbones, otherwise outer if 2 holes). Front wishbone outer hole. Battery saddle pack forward placement with foam insers by rear tower. 10g weight on either side of full size servo (used for more weight). Vts slipper clutch fitted with ceramic diff balls and tungsten thrust race. Rear hubs set on middle. 2wd slim yellow mini pins and uncut, rear yellow mini pins uncut. Ride height rear with 1mm spring spacer and no spring clamp. Front with spring clamp and 4mm spacer. Shocks worked better with 1mm pack so gets hard to push shaft fully into body 1mm from end of travel, with standard silver shock shafts as gold is a lot harder to get pack.

Hope this helps
Thanks Welshy for sharing, this will be helpful
Old 02-12-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshy40 View Post
Very very nice

Hope this helps
Thanks for that, should be useful for the weekend ��
Actually managed to give mine its first run today. It was outdoors on high grip astro. Made a couple of small changes to my staring setup resulting in a car that was v consistent and easy to drive and at the same time quick (only thing holding it back in places was me not wanting to break it).
My setup at the end of the day:

Front:
Yellow low pro cut staggers
20mm ride height
No1 pistons, 32.5wt oil, brown springs
Shocks middle on the tower and outer on arm
Link middle height outer, middle hole on tower
25 deg hubs
Std Ackerman
0.5deg camber

Rear:
Yellow rear minipin
20mm ride height
No1 pistons, 27.5wt oil, silver springs
Shocks middle on tower, outer on arm
Link inner on tower, inner on hub
0deg hubs
Diff medium/loose

10g either side of the servo
60g straight behind the servo (in battery compartment)
Shorty battery against the weights
40g behind shorty

A couple more things to try, red/green from springs and maybe drop front oil to 27.5-30wt, 2deg rear blocks (to make the car a touch more aggressive on turn in)

Last edited by charlesk; 07-12-2015 at 08:59 AM.
Old 04-12-2015

Couple of bits that arrived today, that will finish off the pink car, and give me a spare, when I come across tricky parts I always buy a spare...
Old 28-01-2016

Hi guys, a quick B3 question if I may. I got a B3 sport from my Dad at xmas, and I'm prepping it ready for racing again. I managed to get a set of CVD's (thanks DMS) which have the 3/16 axle. I did get some wheels with the car, but not many. I think the worlds re-re rears fit ok, I have a header card with 6805Y which seems to be the same part number. The fronts are more of a problem. I have fitted some B4 fronts which have BB greens on (hopefully to run at the weekend), but the offset is too narrow. I thought the worlds re-re fronts might work, but spares lists look like they show B4 wheels. Is there anything currently available that would give the right offset, other than the JC wheels? Cheers
Old 02-02-2016
Spends too long on oOple ...

Phoenix buggy from thunder tiger is a b3 in drag. Wheels fit and have a pair myself. You can get alloy upgrades as well like rear tower mount and front alloy block. Think the screws are not usa style though.
Answer UK team driver
Designer of the Lazer ZX/ZXR carbon fibre tub chassis
Designer of the Lazer ZXRS
Old 03-02-2016

I saw there is a conversion for the RC10 Worlds to run B4 wheels. I had a look, it looks like it comes with a longer stub axle which makes up for the different offset. I am pretty sure it will fit, and the axle is available seperately. I'm not sure if it will be ok to run it like that at the Iconic revival or not though. Thanks Welshy
Old 03-02-2016

BTW, is it the Phoenix BX II that is the clone? Looks like it!
Old 03-02-2016

Rc10 3/16 wheels should fit the tears on a b3. And if you get some wide axles for the front b4 wheels give the same offset as the old b3 ones.

That's what I will be running on my cars this year.
Old 03-02-2016

I have the CVD's in my car now, so yeah the Worlds 3/16 wheels look right. I have one pair of wheels I had to open up the hole slightly to fit for some reason. I am going to check with Iconic re the fronts, if they are hard to find hopefully it wont be an issue running the B4 fronts.
Old 03-02-2016

Shouldn't be a problem at all mate !! There's quite a few who do mods to make wheels fit !!
Old 07-03-2016

A bit of an overdue update.
The B3 has been really good both outdoors and indoors, with only the typical issue of rear motor cars on high grip of not enough steering on power/front end lifting under hard acceleration, not made better by me using shorties which are considerably lighter than the nicd/nimh that it was originally designed to use.
So a bit of extra weight at the front especially was going to help.
Had a couple of us tomorrow weights drawn and made which really help a lot and look far better (imo) than the typical solution of stick ons...
The one in the battery compartment is stackable allowing to fine tune how much weight to use no wraps around the post to maximise space and weight available.
Also make some rc10 specific nose weights for the same reason
Old 07-03-2016

Nice job. I made a piece of lead flashing that sits under my saddle pack cells in my B3, the same size as the battery tray area. It puts the weight approx back to what round cells would be. I need to try it without and see how it drives, and try moving some weight around. I have noticed it jumps pretty nose high which is a pain, so it might need some weight further forward. I also think it has a washer under the rear toe block reducing the anti squat.
Old 20-08-2019

Been a while, but still love B3s, so decuded to build another one, mostly from nip parts that I have hoarded over the last few years.
Current stake of play plus the cards of some of the nip bits used.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg received_932237363793024.jpeg (190.9 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpeg received_607118909695252.jpeg (231.8 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpeg received_446116582648742.jpeg (169.1 KB, 16 views)
Old 24-08-2019

Ko fet servo in, turnbuckles built, receiver in.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg received_738601616576118.jpeg (309.7 KB, 7 views)
Old 24-08-2019
Mad Member

nice Charles need to run iconic next year give mitch a run for his money

cheers Dave
Old 24-08-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidspeed View Post
nice Charles need to run iconic next year give mitch a run for his money

cheers Dave
Don't think I'll be able to bring myself to use this one in anger tbh Dave.
The other one on the other hand...