Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > NEAM Seaham Sunderland

View Poll Results: What Meeting Times at JORCR on Sundays
Stay as we are 10.00am to 3.00pm 11 39.29%
Change to 6.15pm to 10.30pm ish 17 60.71%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-02-2010
Mad Member

Glad u posted that Tim. Jarrow is starting to sound a bit of an unwelcoming club at the moment. What with people posting things under others names and having sly digs at people, editing posts after they have re-read them.
Why cant we all just get along and race together nicely?

Get the racing on a Sunday night, finish a round earlier for kids with the adults good idea Pete, and there will be loads more drivers that can attend every week.
I will be able to attend as long as theres not a Worksop round on or an outdoor event that most members will be at anyway.

Come on.Sort it out please for the good of the hobby in the North East
Xb2 CE
Www.tqmodels.co.uk

See My Feedback
Old 07-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayxwalker View Post
It got plenty of votes last time ! you know when I posted a Poll on the same subject "What would the members prefer long term"

I got slated for the post then made to feel unwelcome at the club and subsequently left the club. Yet here's the club asking my question again but maybe it depends on "Who" asks the question as to if they get slated.

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32233

Good luck with the night time racing

PS , If you want more members try and be a little nicer to the members you have (CP this isn't a dig at you)
The last time this was asked there were two downsides to racing on an evening,

1. there was already a group running there
2. no body would volunteer to run the club

At present the group who were running on a sunday night have left and chris p, neil, david pack have all volunteered to run the club as I can't.

As for user names I've got my own which I hardly ever use, as you can see it was registered in 2006, but only has half a dozen posts.

As for sly digs I'm not even going to start.

Peter
Old 07-02-2010

ChrisP this is my ID, the other ones his

Oh the joys of the internet

M

PS I don't think most people see the club as unwelcoming, current racers might be biased but they currently pay the rent and will if it moves to evenings as even if it's not on at the same time as Worksop/RHR etc people aren't going to race on the evening afterwards are they? When we looked at doing a series (which was very poorly supported and on at the same times as Worksop etc) there was 6 dates December-April which did not have anything on and we used 4. As we've said all the way through we can't just provide a service for when there is nothing else on when we have to cover the rent as we can't expect people to rush back to race. We have to provide for those who can attend first. There is nothing unwelcoming about needing to cover your rent.

My point was proven when mw02veg voted, who doesn't race at Seaham and wouldn't, accusing people of having sly digs is not nice. I said what I did for that reason.
Old 07-02-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbobrick View Post
At present the group who were running on a sunday night have left and chris p, neil, david pack have all volunteered to run the club as I can't.

Peter
Add me to that list. Sounds like the Dream Team to me. I will do anything that is needed to help out.
Xb2 CE
Www.tqmodels.co.uk

See My Feedback
Old 07-02-2010

I would like the later start because once the baby is here i can't guarantee that i can make it every week.

Unfortunately my lass would need the car to ferry the offspring to her mam's house.

The late start with the 9:30 finish would be spot on, at least I could be there every week.
Old 07-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpackster1980 View Post
I would like the later start because once the baby is here i can't guarantee that i can make it every week.

Unfortunately my lass would need the car to ferry the offspring to her mam's house.

The late start with the 9:30 finish would be spot on, at least I could be there every week.
I can guarantee you when the baby comes you WONT make it every week
Mine is 1 year and a week, and I have another due in June, Sunday daytimes to do what you want will be gone in a blink!
Old 07-02-2010
Mad Member

My racing has suffered big time aswell. Hopefully i wil be able to be a regular again. Really really miss practice. My racing has suffered at bigger events due to this.

Lets get it on
Xb2 CE
Www.tqmodels.co.uk

See My Feedback
Old 07-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4pete View Post
I can guarantee you when the baby comes you WONT make it every week
Mine is 1 year and a week, and I have another due in June, Sunday daytimes to do what you want will be gone in a blink!
Twistings the missus arm would be 10 times easier letting me race on the night than getting a slap trying to race during the day.

On a night time it shouldn't be a problem. If chris is allowed, that's what I'll tell the missus anyway. I will be allowed too. (All this is theory though.) ;-)
Old 07-02-2010
Mad Member

The way that i see it is Sundays can be a great day to go and do family things. When 6 oclock comes on a Sunday the wwekends over anyway. Racing might stop the crappy feeling that you are back to work again on the Monday. Im really looking forward to it.

On another note, what tyres are people running then if its nearly all carpet as ive heard?
Xb2 CE
Www.tqmodels.co.uk

See My Feedback
Old 07-02-2010
Mad Member

Just out of interest, how was the attendance today, compared to last weeks night time race? Bear in mind though, that last times night time racing was marred by it being the Worksop finals weekend.
Old 07-02-2010
Mad Member

As I recall when we first got the seaham venue we could only race 10 - 3 or not at all and the reason you got 'slated' was due to the fact that you showed no support to the club and were being disruptive because a sunday afternoon didn't suit you.

A sunday afternoon didn't suit me either and I have only raced 3 or 4 times at seaham. Several other JORCR members who attended a tuesday night religiously have also not been to seaham much because a sunday is not good for them.

I don't see anybody else throwing their toys out of the pram and selling up, then posting stroppy and disruptive posts on here several months down the line.

Anyway, What stops youngsters leaving at 9:30 regardless. Let them race and go homw when they want. If the club finishes at half ten then why can't they race 6 till half 9 and leave, then we can continue to cater for everyone...
Old 07-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris68nufc View Post
The way that i see it is Sundays can be a great day to go and do family things. When 6 oclock comes on a Sunday the wwekends over anyway. Racing might stop the crappy feeling that you are back to work again on the Monday. Im really looking forward to it.

On another note, what tyres are people running then if its nearly all carpet as ive heard?
Im trying to find some foams that fit lol!!
Old 07-02-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris68nufc View Post

Post Worksop Pins worked really well.
Id beware of foams, one roll and theres chunks outta ya tire.
Old 07-02-2010
Mad Member

Yeah ha!! Ive got loads of part worn tyres from Worksop. This club is like a Carlsberg club.....if only Carlsberg did RC Clubs!!
Xb2 CE
Www.tqmodels.co.uk

See My Feedback
Old 07-02-2010

You going next sunday Chris/Chris?
Old 07-02-2010

Phew finally sensible talk, yes Sunday afternoon were not good for us either but preferred to keep the club running rather than not, too much graft had gone into it. I'll be pleased if it becomes evenings as Pete is like a zombie by 5pm as he gets only a couple of hours sleep then has to go run the club. If I don't take the boys there they don't see him on the weekend at all apart from him sleeping on the sofa, so yes we know the impact on family life but he doesn't have the 'choice' to go or not. Come the summer it'll save needing to cancel if noone will run it when we are away. Not my choice, members/committee decision.....wish it was!

Next week is evening (temp change due to booking) so if no decision is made to change or not at least there will be an idea of numbers when no other events on. That's if enough are interested to open for...

Today 9 I think, but many more at Worksop, nitro event on somewhere I was told & Teeside currently running on a Sunday so never a week the same but has been the lowest so far

M
Old 08-02-2010
Mad Member

B4Pete, cant make it this Sunday coming, its Valentines evening.
Old 08-02-2010

My lass is screwing her face up when I mention racing this Sunday, I don't know if I can make it for definate but I can't see it being a problem as the missus is in bed for 7.

I agree with Neil pointless posting crappy posts months after the toys are out of the pram it makes the club look like a joke to everyone else!!!!!

I suppose keeping it as it is does has it's advantages but at the end of the day there's always going to be people feeling pushed out whatever is decided.

Even though I wanted it on the night time I suspect when the baby's here screaming it's lungs out I'd be too tired to race on the night anyway. (Peter change my vote.)

I suspect I'd be racing once every 2 weeks unless people are offering lifts (Alreet Neil).
Old 08-02-2010

Default .

pack

sounds like your lass has put her foot down already. no doubt she has said if you race during the day you have the night to bath and sort out the little one and once the babys asleep you have the rest of the night to your selves. changed your tune from a few posts ago
Old 08-02-2010
Mad Member

I wont be going next Sunday I will be with the Wife!!
Xb2 CE
Www.tqmodels.co.uk

See My Feedback