Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 18-12-2012

Default Speed Passion Reventon R issue.

So, I bought a new SP Reventon R and wired it up to a Losi 10.5 Motor, ABC wires all soldered up fine, and sensor cable in place. Ran it around my lounge and it seemed to work alright.

This was about 6 weeks ago and I hadn't touched it since.

For reasons that I can no longer remember, I decided to swap out the Losi motor to a Tekin Redline 10.5 on Saturday, all wired up the same as before and...

Nothing.

Changed sensor wire.

Still nothing

Changed to yet another sensor wire.

Nada. Zip.

Put original (shorter to fit DEX410 y'see) sensor wire in and noticed a little movement. If I turned the output shaft a little by hand I got power as long as I was on the throttle, as soon as I let off there was nothing again.

After a chat with a few people at York on satdee evening, it was decided that the Tekin Motor could have an issue with the sensor board, so I put the original Losi Motor back in and.....

...nothing.

Again. Same issues as with the Tekin motor.

So that's 2 motors and 3 sensor cables that I *know* are fine as they all work in another cars with a Novak speedo, but unless I physically 'turn start' the output shaft by hand it won't go...

Oh, and during all the sensor wire and motor swaps I realized if there was no sensor wire in place the motor turned 'alright'. This was true of both motors, and the ESC lights that indicate sensored / sensorless mode were illuminating correctly, so the speedo knows (in theory) whether there is a cable there or not.

I am running a Futaba 3GR TX and with either the FrSky RX, or Futaba RX and having the same results. The Throttle on the TX is reversed as in the SP manual, and it makes no odds whether the Savox steering servo is connected or not.

I have tried firmware updates Stock0&1 and Mod 0&1 and updated the SP LED box and USB software to the latest versions (the software and box work just fine), and have tried turning the lipo cutoff and thermal protection off, and the fan was unplugged for all the updates.

I only mention all this because of other threads I have read, of which there has been many suggest all the above as potential problems/solutions

So oOple gurus of eclastictrikery what do I do next? I have so far resisted the urge to throw, stomp, burn or drown it, but to be fair I am open to all suggestions if there is a chance it will work..

Yes I already wish I had bought something else.

No I can't (afford to) go and buy an LRP/Novak/Hobbywing/HPI/Vampire/Tekin/anyotherfavoredbrand ESC just at the moment because the other Novak that was in my SCT went pop as well and I need/want to replace that with something first.

So if you have read this far thanks, any help or advice would be much appreciated. Even if its just a contact email address or phone number for SP tech support...

Gray
Old 18-12-2012
Mad Member

Schumacher will be able to help you out; they are the distributors and have always been very helpful with Speed Passion issues or questions...

www.racing-cars.com for contact details. HTH
Old 18-12-2012

Cheers Boss, will drop them a line

G
Old 18-12-2012
Mad Member

don't know if this is any help, but i seem to remember reading on the rctech forum that tekin motors have an issue with onboard temp sensors, believe you have to disconnect wire 2 from the sensor lead !

bar that, try re-loading the software again, re-calibrating to radio and try it again.

if no joy then give schumacher a buzz as suggested or the user SP TECH on here he's one of the tech guy's at speed passion, he should be able to help
Support from: My Back Pocket

Driver - 'Derek'
Feedback Link : http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48311
Old 18-12-2012
Awesome Admin

Send a message via AIM to Col

Worst case... I have a SP LPF you can borrow when next at York..
Wired for a B44 at the mo, but it's there if you need it
Old 18-12-2012

Thanks Col, will take you up on that if I don't manage to get this sorted in time for the 1st meeting back!

G