Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > HoBao

Old 28-04-2013

Default alternative parts for h2

looking for other brands that fit the h2.
find it very very weak, which is anoying as the car is nice to drive.
also has anyone tried a different wing?
Old 28-04-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Most wings will fit the LMR wing is good and strong or the R1 rude bits wings look good too.

Most of the losi 22 parts fit on the front end, arms, caster blocks, hubs, axles etc

Few lads at the local club us the the 22 caster blocks and hubs on their H2, but cml do some nice orange Ali caster blocks

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 28-04-2013

Send a message via MSN to jasonrcb

What are you finding weak,since the beginning of the year i have broke 1 rear stub axle and a front shock tower,my car is getting some serious abuse at least twice a week trying and testing stuff

To cure the rear axle i use trf511 cvd's

Wings i have tried,7" high downforce,7" v wing,lmr wing,schumacher k1 wing and just about every wing made by penguin custom bodyshells,kit wing is to small and i dont find the car jumps as well with it
Old 28-04-2013

Ive only ran 1 meeting and a few runs testing.
So far 2x rear shock towers in the same place ( straight down the middle)
Landed 2 times on its roof, and the wing is split.
And 1 driveshaft snap, near where the bearing sits ( for no reason)

I dont regard myself a bad driver and i can get through runs without crashing.
But this car is ridiculously weak, looks strong, but the plastic is way too brittle. No sure if its a bad batch of towers, but they shouldnt be snapping like that .
Old 28-04-2013

Heard of a couple of people who have broken a rear tower,another reason not to use the kit wing,to low and to soft,try a quality wing as as stupid as it sounds it may cure you breaking towers unles you really slam it down.

Some cvd's have been said before they have broke,when i did mine i had a look and the hole looked oval and the material thin,the crew i race with have either changed there's or added crush tubes between the bearings and touch wood since then they have had no issues,contact cml about the cvd as i have heard they have been great with customers who have had the problem
Old 28-04-2013
Mad Member

The H2 is very strong in my opinion one rear tower my fault landed upside down.
One front tower from another driver landing from a 10ft gap and 3ft high on top of me.
Drive shaft. Which cml replaced but I fitted Schumacher sv2 shafts instead.
Im not a sponsored driver and pay for my own gear, and from the last few years of cars this is by far the best I have owned and driven from the sub 200 quid cars.

It was once said to me, if you light the blue touch paper you need to stand well back[/CENTER]
Old 28-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by sly View Post
The H2 is very strong in my opinion one rear tower my fault landed upside down.
One front tower from another driver landing from a 10ft gap and 3ft high on top of me.
Drive shaft. Which cml replaced but I fitted Schumacher sv2 shafts instead.
Im not a sponsored driver and pay for my own gear, and from the last few years of cars this is by far the best I have owned and driven from the sub 200 quid cars.
I agree, it drives very very well.
Think id be able to push it even harder if i had a bit more confidence with the parts not breaking
Old 28-04-2013
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by losichris View Post
Ive only ran 1 meeting and a few runs testing.
So far 2x rear shock towers in the same place ( straight down the middle)
Landed 2 times on its roof, and the wing is split.
And 1 driveshaft snap, near where the bearing sits ( for no reason)

I dont regard myself a bad driver and i can get through runs without crashing.
But this car is ridiculously weak, looks strong, but the plastic is way too brittle. No sure if its a bad batch of towers, but they shouldnt be snapping like that .
I'd reevaluate your driving skills, imho (no offense intended).
I no longer consider myself among the experts or top level drivers, but I went through the entire summer and winter seasons (racing 2 classes each) and landed on my roof but once. I dinked a wing a wee bit, and bent it back to shape.
Most of the chaps I see repeatedly landing on their roofs are driving over their heads.

If and when I do land one of my buggies on its roof do I expect damage?
Of course I do. It would be silly not to. Everything is exposed.
It's like clipping turning posts. Do I expect to snap or bend axles? Of course I do.

But at the end of the day, if you're purchasing sub-200 quid cars (knock-offs) to save money, do you really expect it's going to be as durable as the above-200 quid cars on the market?
"Crashing costs money." I think you need to get the concept into your head -- and consider yourself lucky if you don't break something when you crash, especially landing upside down.

Again, not intending to offend, but I think sometimes we expect these cars to put up with our lack of skills. And it's not the fault of the car if our wrecks result in damaging them, and it's not right blaming them.
Old 28-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robby View Post
I'd reevaluate your driving skills, imho (no offense intended).
I no longer consider myself among the experts or top level drivers, but I went through the entire summer and winter seasons (racing 2 classes each) and landed on my roof but once. I dinked a wing a wee bit, and bent it back to shape.
Most of the chaps I see repeatedly landing on their roofs are driving over their heads.

If and when I do land one of my buggies on its roof do I expect damage?
Of course I do. It would be silly not to. Everything is exposed.
It's like clipping turning posts. Do I expect to snap or bend axles? Of course I do.

But at the end of the day, if you're purchasing sub-200 quid cars (knock-offs) to save money, do you really expect it's going to be as durable as the above-200 quid cars on the market?
"Crashing costs money." I think you need to get the concept into your head -- and consider yourself lucky if you don't break something when you crash, especially landing upside down.
i do agree.
however at club level, crashing and being crashed into is unavoidable.
i dont go on my roof very often, this is why im slightly concerned with this specific part.
Old 28-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonrcb View Post
Heard of a couple of people who have broken a rear tower,another reason not to use the kit wing,to low and to soft,try a quality wing as as stupid as it sounds it may cure you breaking towers unles you really slam it down.

Some cvd's have been said before they have broke,when i did mine i had a look and the hole looked oval and the material thin,the crew i race with have either changed there's or added crush tubes between the bearings and touch wood since then they have had no issues,contact cml about the cvd as i have heard they have been great with customers who have had the problem
thanks for info, what wing do they run that gives enough clearance?
Old 28-04-2013

Anytime mate,always help where i can

At present im using the 7" and 6.5" high downforce wings,there side plates are much bigger and stronger and also there a much stronger wing so landing on your roof the wing takes more of the impact and keeps the tower away from crashing into the surface
Old 28-04-2013

Quote:
Anytime mate,always help where i can

At present im using the 7" and 6.5" high downforce wings,there side plates are much bigger and stronger and also there a much stronger wing so landing on your roof the wing takes more of the impact and keeps the tower away from crashing into the surface
excellent, durango wings?
Old 28-04-2013

The durango flat flat wing would be ok although they dont have the biggest side plates,personally the wings i use are all penguin custom bodyshells,that sounds a bit bias so other brands would be just as good,high sideplates i find the best and improves the handling over the jumps also
Old 28-04-2013

Quote:
The durango flat flat wing would be ok although they dont have the biggest side plates,personally the wings i use are all penguin custom bodyshells,that sounds a bit bias so other brands would be just as good,high sideplates i find the best and improves the handling over the jumps also
ok thanks ill get intouch with penguin guy off ebay
Old 28-04-2013

Default Proline stabilizer wing

Hi guys,

I use a proline stabilizer wing and i have not broken any towers.

Cheers
Old 29-04-2013

Default wing

hi all i use a hb wing and all fine here i do find the hobao parts a bit weak though i use losi parts and had no trouble with them
Old 03-05-2013

Default Losi parts

When you say you are useing losi parts,what prts in particular (arms,wheels)
Old 04-05-2013

Default parts

hi there i have put front hubs inline steering arms and front arms on straight fit the hubs and steering arms do fit on the hobao arms but the losi ones just look stronger