Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Schumacher

Old 09-07-2011

Default re-turn to rc and buying a cougar,advice needed

Hi all,it's that old chestnut,been away from rc for 20 years now looking to come back and go club racing.
I've decided on a Cougar sv, A,because I had a cougar in the past and loved it and B, i think it will remain current much longer than if I were to go for a B4. Don't want to but a car only to fine in 12 months I have to buy something else because everything has gone mid motor'd.
I'm buying it in kit form so I know exactly how it all works but I was hoping you could all advise me on what else to get to complete the car. Esc, motor (brushless) servo and lipo and anything else you could recommend.
Everything has moved on so much since I was last in rc that i find it all a bit confusing.
Thanks in advance, Dave.
Old 11-07-2011

I'll let others tell you what to put in it. I would say just one thing, add weight !!

You need the full 150grams. under servo weight, rear weight and 90gram under liop weight.

All can be bought on line. Just make SURE that when buying the under lipo weight, you buy a lipo that is thin enough !

The extra weight really helps over a lighter car ! 5 hole piston tops and 40 front and 35 rear oil is then needed. Job done
Old 11-07-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunbeam View Post
I'll let others tell you what to put in it. I would say just one thing, add weight !!

You need the full 150grams. under servo weight, rear weight and 90gram under liop weight.

All can be bought on line. Just make SURE that when buying the under lipo weight, you buy a lipo that is thin enough !

The extra weight really helps over a lighter car ! 5 hole piston tops and 40 front and 35 rear oil is then needed. Job done
Never found that I needed under lipo weight really, agree with other 2 though.
Old 11-07-2011

My car was transformed with 150g added.

With no other adjustments other than 5 hole shocks, 35/40 oil and 150g, I went from 16 laps on average to 18 laps instantly !

But it's what you feel is right for you I guess. This is why I expect nobody has replied so far to this post, because everybody will say "no you want this".

There is no cut and dry answer. I think it's best to just go to your local club and ask around. You may even find a whole car ready to go ?

Good luck
Old 14-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunbeam View Post
My car was transformed with 150g added.

With no other adjustments other than 5 hole shocks, 35/40 oil and 150g, I went from 16 laps on average to 18 laps instantly !

But it's what you feel is right for you I guess. This is why I expect nobody has replied so far to this post, because everybody will say "no you want this".

There is no cut and dry answer. I think it's best to just go to your local club and ask around. You may even find a whole car ready to go ?

Good luck
Apologies for being daft, but see lots written about weights from various companies - is ithe rudebits ones you use? Also, does anyone use under lipo weights when running saddle pack config?
Old 14-07-2011

Dear wurzelyzf, first of all welcome back !
There is much to be found here on this forum, and online
true the usual search engines if you search on " cougar sv build log"
below a small example that will get you started on the build, the kit
really assembles like a breeze, good luck !

build log:
http://www.petitrc.com/index.php?page=cougsv1

build video's by Simon moss who is a team driver for Schumacher:
http://www.petitrc.com/setup/schumac...ips/index.html

greetz
vipe