Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Newcastle RC Racers

Old 06-01-2016

Default 2016 Racing

Well this week was the first race meet of 2016 with a few less than I’d expected there but still enough to run 3 heats with the usual 6 races for everyone.

Grip levels on the refinished floor were “interesting” with rally blocks providing better grip than worn minipins for me and Andy Scowen running what looked like a semi-slick intermediate weather tyre with decent grip – so first and second on the grid were both non minipins!

Guess we’ll just have to see how it goes as the floor wears in.

AGM will need to be sorted later this month and maybe start another race series once Mr Hindson has fixed the silly qualifying situation J

Hopefully we’ll have Kieran Illey and maybe Martin back on track in the next few weeks after Kieran has bought himself another TC to join the fun.

Racing on as usual next Monday though I’ll be falling down a mountain again….. ;-)
Old 28-01-2016

Well a good turn out this week for the AGM with even Westy making an appearance to play his role as secretary by taking minutes!

Guessing the club must be running pretty much ok since we decide to change nothing – so committee – as was, membership fee remains £10, race night fee remains £6 – the only change will be to non members race fee going from £7 to £8 per night.

Oh and you all need to sort your own BRCA membership – paying gary the additional to cover it with your membership is no longer an option due to how BRCA now works – so please arrange your BRCA by next time you race and your membership will also be due or you’ll be asked to pay £8 instead of £6!!!

3 busy heats last night getting one round less than usual due to the meeting but plenty of good close racing with the floor still giving great levels of grip at a cost of tyre wear. They seem to balance each other out though with tyres being able to be run until they are in far worse condition than they used to be while still giving good grip!

Couple of potential new racers last night so hope to see Steve and his dad back with cars next week!

Now some serious building for me for next week thanks to a little interference on the first lap of the night resulting in a head on with a wall and a broken chassis L

See you all next Monday J
Old 02-02-2016

Another decent turn out this week with no less than 4 new/potential racers!! J
Zak & Ulrike joining in for their first nights racing, Steve popping along for a 3rd week in a row still looking to get a setup and a 1/8 scale lad hoping to buy a 1/10 setup and join in the fun.

Usual 6 rounds for all 3 heats last night with tyres again proving interesting – I ran 4 different sets over the 6 rounds with only 1 choice a definite no!!

A few regulars missing – no Richies at all last night meaning a rather quiet buggy class for the newly professional Paul Ainscow fresh from his nationals racing!

Hopefully they’ll be back next week along with Ian so I don’t get stuck on Race Control again L

Anyway, see you all next week for more fun and games.

Results will be up on the website but I haven’t looked yet

Mark

mailto:lazysurfer@hotmail.co.uk
www.newcastlercracers.uk
Old 09-02-2016

Well our busiest race meet for a LONG time this week with no less than 20 cars on track spread over 4 heats, 2 5 car of each class meaning 1 less race and a rather busy (10 car) but very well mannered final for each class.

Also with 10 buggy lads running, a rather large jump/roller courtesy of Clarky which worked very well despite the height!

A couple of regular missing and none of the new racers there but nice to have a few irregulars joining us, (Westy, Clarky, Lee Freeman) and also a first TyneMet visit for Kevin Brewer managing to get his 2wd buggy going as well as I’ve ever seen a 2wd go on his first visit! – hope to see you back as a regular Kevin J

Track still giving excellent levels of grip even on very worn tyres which all adds to the fun for very close racing.

Hopefully see you all back there next week with a few of the new racers, Zak, Steve, Mike, Ulrike back joining the fun as well.

Results will be on the website once Posh Boy gets his finger out!
Old 18-02-2016

Ok guys – I’m gonna start off with a bit of a whinge…………

The track does not put it’s self out and it does not clear it’s self away.

Week after week it’s the same people there at 7 dragging track around while the same ones stroll in late and play around in their pits when they arrive. I accept that some CAN’T get there early but at least when you do arrive, give a hand with setup.

Same goes for clear up if not more so……put your car back in your pit box AFTER the track is cleared away. Same as setup, week after week it’s the same people putting track in the cupboard and dragging it to the cupboard while others fart on with their car and pit boxes.

And last of all – if you race in or even just start round 4 quali, you’re expected to stay till the end and help with tidy up whether you break your car and don’t race the finals or not – as agreed at LAST years AGM.

Rant over.

This week wasn’t as busy as last nut still a good turn out with 2 TC and 1 buggy heat. Good to see new racers back on track again and hope to see others back soon. Grip remains a mystery – tyres showing very little signs of having ever had pins running really well, half worn tyres replacing them being awful!

Keeps it entertaining.

See you all back next Monday at 7 for setup – if you need to charge, plug in and charge but then get off your arse and help with the track ;-)

Last edited by lazysurfer; 18-02-2016 at 08:48 AM. Reason: ?
Old 14-06-2016

A decent turn out last night with 2 heats, 8 cars in the TC for some rounds with Kyle switching to the dark side for later rounds.
Never thought I’d say that grip on a wooden floor was an issue but having to glue bald minipins to the rims to stop the grip tearing them off is a surprise!

And my run of problems continued last night with tyres coming off, broken wishbone and electrical glitch meaning not a single clean r ace for me L

New plan of attack needed for next week – see you all then.
Old 21-06-2016

A little quiet this week possibly not helped by nice weather and England playing meaning only 2 heats, one a mixed class.
Still some close racing and very high grip levels with the heat.
Not a fantastic week from my point of view but a huge improvement on the previous when I failed to finish a single race J

See you all back there next Monday J
Old 28-06-2016

A decent night racing last night, quiet down to the England match I presume – bet you wish you’d come racing now!
So only the 2 heats, one a mixed class again but some good racing all round.
A final TC won on rally blocks but the majority using carpet dragons – first time on them for me taking a few races to balance the handling but ok by the end of the night. If there was a problem it was too much grip resulting in grip roll! Though not a problem for the next few corners if you went off line onto the dirty part of the track :-/

See you all and the foot ball part timers next monday
Old 11-10-2016

Another good turn out last night with 10 TC & 6 buggies – nice to see a few irrecular buggy lads coming along to prectise/scrub in tyres for the upcoming regional.

Still missing a few regulars, Fitzy & Snowman to name 2.

Floor grip a little low again for the first round or two but fine by mid meeting – a consequence of the onset of winter and the floor being a little cooler than over the summer.

Another broken drive shaft calling time on my nights racing in the first leg final – 3 breaks in 2 weeks, no idea whats going on??

Anyway, another rebuild for next week – see you all then.
Old 23-11-2016

As above a busy nights racing this week with the most racers we’ve had in a while despite missing a few regulars like Gary, Paul, Snowman, Bubba & Trev to mention a few.
Any more running we’d have had to run a 4th heat! J

Nice to have Fitzy, Zak & Ulrike back on track and to see Thomas Gardiner running for the first time, soon to be joined by his dad hopefully???

Hopefully have some of the regulars back next week too.

Usual 6 races for everyone with 2 legs for all 3 finals and decent levels of grip on the track with pins, Mad Doge even saying grip was ok on dragons for the final.

Also good to see people actually at the venue for 7pm for setup these days, meaning we get started earlier hence fitting in 2 legs for 3 finals which is usually too tight for time.

See you all again next week