Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > X-Factory

Old 21-07-2010

Lake Park is where the old Losi Winter Champs race used to be. Brings back some memories! Would be awesome to do a return trip. One to keep my eye on.

Scotty
Old 28-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungChazz View Post
Thanks for the props, Doc. Can you suggest to the manager of your LHS that he contact us? We'd like very much to have a supply of Kits & parts locally available for you.
Doc, YC
Harris RC is the Australian dealer for XFactory!
Old 28-07-2010
Mad Member

Harris is the only X Factory dealer in Australia at this time. We are happy to have Shane & crew, and they do a great job representing us. I urge all Aussies interested in X Factory products to contact Harris.

I think that the continent will easily sustain several additional stores, especially if they are many hundreds of miles apart, and I think with several stores and many more drivers using our products there will be a snowball effect that will benefit all, drivers and stores alike.

Engineering Without Fear
www.XFactoryRC.com
www.facebook.com/XFactoryRC
Old 05-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by X6Fan View Post
Doc, YC
Harris RC is the Australian dealer for XFactory!

I am well awere that harris is , thats where i got my x6 conv ,and many parts from....

for the last 2 months ive been on his web site nothing has changed as im looking to get the plastic chassie for the x60 and every time none in stock i dont think they run out of stock every time i seem to go on line...
and as far as i know he sells retail to people and not holesale to shops so im getting my LHS to contact CHAZZ so i can walk in to my hobby shop and buy the parts straight of the shelf....

the more the merry! as i see it the more shops that sell x factory cars the better
if im wrong about harris selling to shops at holesale please let me know ....
but as i understand harris is not the aussie dis... only a retailer..
Old 05-08-2010

Send Harrisrc an email and find out about Harris supplying your LHS.

I get all my xfactory cars and parts from them.

Big Thanks to Shane at Harris Rc for all his help
Old 05-08-2010
Mad Member

Shane is a great guy and runs a fine shop. We're happy dealing with Harris R/C.

That's what Harris is -- a model shop. Not an importer/distributor. So three things are true: A) Harris is a great place to buy, with local knowledge, and we recommend them. B) If another Aussie shop would want to stock X Factory products, they should contact us and we will certainly consider them. C) If an importer/distributor would contact us, we would certainly consider them.

Right now there is just one shop in Australia stocking X Factory, and that's Harris. We urge all Aussie customers to purchase from Harris -- support your local shop. But you also have the option to order direct from us, or from any of the other fine shops that stock our products.

Engineering Without Fear
www.XFactoryRC.com
Old 30-01-2011

Default X-Factory X6 Wins 2011 stock shootout

last weekend X-Factory drivers finished 1st 3rd and 9th in 2wd....
after Q 2nd Michael Salis went out and won the first two finals and set track record !!! with the best stock drivers in Victoria and some Mod drivers also trying to win the X6 was the car to have!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00001.JPG (792.1 KB, 67 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00042.JPG (1.27 MB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00160.JPG (1.15 MB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00212 - Copy - Copy (3) - Copy - Copy.JPG (1.32 MB, 54 views)
Old 30-01-2011

here is some more .... TOP 3 IN 2WD.....AND team X Factory drivers
Glenn,Nathan and Mic
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00004.jpg (168.5 KB, 93 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00005.JPG (1.37 MB, 71 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00031.jpg (356.4 KB, 83 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00456.jpg (257.3 KB, 68 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00383 - Copy - Copy.jpg (217.8 KB, 59 views)
Old 31-01-2011
Mad Member

It's an X - 5 sighting! Doctor, how did you do with it???

If you want to keep campaigning it, let me know and we'll send you a set of the last most up-to-date decals.

Engineering Without Fear
www.XFactoryRC.com
Old 05-02-2011

Default X 5

thanks the car was Soooooo quick fastest on the track handled great as well
the only thing was BELTS!!!!! the losi ones r junk.. Y .... didn't they make them out of better stuff!!!! i did two in two days......
Ive rebuilt the car as Ive only had it for 7 days before the race....
and traced the belt damage back to the tension-er it was backing off in the end the belt had not one tooth left on it!!!ive made a turnbuckle link going to one of the screws and now hope its fixed the problem
Old 05-02-2011
Mad Member

Doc, the next thing you've got to do is to shim the idler pulley (or its bracket) until the belt is running dead straight. Take the bottom cover off and hold the car so you can see what's going on, then run it. You'll see right away.

Also, we suggest you use the Losi pulleys from the xx-4. You must buy two sets because on the xx-4 the front & rear are different and the X - 5 uses two rears. I think we still have some. The teeth on our pulleys are not perfect, and that is not good for belt life. This does greatly effect gear ratio. Our larger pulleys are 1.75, the Losi are 1.56; therefore you need a larger spur (I think we still have a 110) and (relatively) small pinion to get the same final drive.

BTW, the Losi belts are the only ones that fit the pulleys. Standard in the Kit was the yellow xxx-S #3209. We may have one of them still. You can try some other belts, but the Losi belts and pulleys use a non-standard tooth. Our problem was that we didn't duplicate the tooth perfectly.

It's a car you've got to stay on top of, but you're right -- it's still mighty fast. And a ton of fun if you like wrenching and going fast.

Engineering Without Fear
www.XFactoryRC.com
Old 07-02-2011

thanks ill look into that i did the shim thing already as i did notice it running of center....thanks MIC
Old 14-02-2011

ran my X5 on the weekend and i tell you how fast and easy it is to drive and it runs so silent ....
TQ....fastest time of day in all but one run....Ohh such a great car.....
no belt problems ....running the black belt!!!!
i even bet the guy that won the stock shootout leaving his LAZER SP2 in my dust!!

if the old car is this good bring on the new model !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 15-02-2011
Mad Member

W.T.G. Doc! It always was a great car, and the rougher the track the better. A nice loose dirt + X - 5 = win!!!

Keep watching that belt like a hawk. If you had a good full race day from it, that's great. Check it carefully this week. No loose strands from the side, no "bad" teeth. Still running straight down the center. With a stock motor the X - 5 should rule for a long time.

And watch the pulleys too. All RC pulleys have the flange on one side molded in. That won't come off. The other flange is a little ring that pops into a groove, and sometimes a drop of CA is helpful here.

Engineering Without Fear
www.XFactoryRC.com
Old 15-02-2011

Default x5

yes i have spotted some strands coming off the belt.....its running straight but i have a feeling that it might be rubbing on something??
but ive had a look and cant find anything???
ive removed the strands and put a little heat on the area to seal it...

the car is great im running one of Paul's setups on it and its very quick!!!!
as im running in stock at the moment...was going to run mod this year buy ive got a motor sponsor so i have to run stock as its a new home grown made motor.. (ive been told) R-ACE 17.5. STock here is no boost or turbo (bummer!) ive got 110/38 on the car with 1.75 gear box so the cars at 5.0 to 1........sounds high but my motor was coming off at 63*deg on the weekend air temp 25*deg so im thinking of going up one tooth with will bring the car down in the 4.9 range im running the X6 at 4.4 and it has heaps of top end and bottom end!!

i know you havent been well.......hope u feel better now... but any news on the new 4wd....i keep telling people over here that the X5 is no longer available as they want one after see mine going around!!!!
and any news is good news...i keep telling them you testing Test bed chassies but you know how people are!!!!!(i for one cant wait for it!!!!

also been reading a load of crap about Brian leaving???i hope this isnt true ...the only reason im asking about the 4wd is ive noticed that Ellis is now driving a Kyosho after driving a Predator and no test cars?? (are you looking at make the new beast a shaft drive?)...
anyway keep up the good work and take care.....
here are a couple of pics the second one is of that ugly body cant remember the name of it.. good paint job! as soon as i put it on the car i through it in the garage box as its a horrible looking shape!!!!!!and a pic of me (I need a shave!!!!!).
talk soon
MIC SALIS
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00199 - Copy (2) - Copy.jpg (193.0 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg x6 with yuk body.jpg (67.9 KB, 59 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00197 - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy.JPG (715.5 KB, 51 views)
Old 16-02-2011
Mad Member

And a haircut too... LOL

Man I wish I could live in Australia and run on that type of track all year long. We get the only a few races during the summer which are always the most fun for me. Should be paradise for any X - Car.

Engineering Without Fear
www.XFactoryRC.com
Old 16-02-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_doctor View Post
I run the rear wheelbase short arms and hubs.. But because you moved the front forward the cars wheelbase is in MED...wheelbase....But you still have the weight over the rear wheels
Interesting! What effect does it give moving the front hubs that much forward?

Sweet car! That rear swaybar mod is great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_doctor View Post
ran my X5 on the weekend and i tell you how fast and easy it is to drive and it runs so silent ....
TQ....fastest time of day in all but one run....Ohh such a great car.....
no belt problems ....running the black belt!!!!
Part no? Better than the yellow one?

Tech Tips, HopUps & Bling

Xray 2014 XB4 4WD & 2WD | B4 FTW Night Fox XL | Mugen MRX-5 | RB | Futaba 3VCS FASST | Faskolor

Visit my showroom
Old 16-02-2011

Default X6 mods

Hi....
moving the hubs forward 2mm ...i have found it gives the car more on power steering and it holds its line better through the corner....Ive been using 25deg hubs as i find it makes the car better in the corners...ive tryed 30deg but found the car washed of mid to exit steering...so im sticking with 25deg hubs! When running this mod you have to flip the steering rack over and remove the front hole so you can get the clearance from the bulkhead ...this also gives true ackermann! im running inline steering as well .(this is a B.K mod!...thanks Brian).
ive moved the motor plate over by 2mm as well and find the car better balanced !!!!as for the sway bay -I made it that way so there is a little bit of give into the corner as i didnt what to take grip away but wanted to take some roll away...i never run the car with out it now and the bars ive made for my fellow X-Factory team mates they never take them off as well.

as for the black belt i dont know the part number i had them left over from my XXX-SG tourer!!!! im also going to try the blue belts as well...i found that the black belts fell alot stronger .....ive tryed looking for more black belts but at this time no luck as yet...still looking!!! i think they came out with the XXX-s R.T.R kit????

i put up some new pics of the car so you can see all the new things im trying soon!!!
you can find more pics of my cars at the Australian thread for x factory car on RC TECH ....
and reports of our racing at www.keilorrc.org.au

Mic Salis
Old 17-02-2011
Mad Member

No shit!!! Well, I guess I don't have to ask why you're called "The Doctor" Alain Prost II...

Very interesting mods, will for sure give them a try come spring! I'd love to see some close-ups!

Thought about testing inline for a LONG while, but never got around to it...

Dunno if you've seen my collection of mods on my web page?

If you want to post something here, just let me know! (email me pics & text)

X-5 only:
http://www.ymr.no/x5tuning.htm
(make sure you have sound on )

Diverse:
http://www.ymr.no/10orTips.htm

@Chazz: Read on 2wdrc yesterday thay you've been seriously ill - so very sorry to hear that! Hang in there man! Speedy recovery!

Tech Tips, HopUps & Bling

Xray 2014 XB4 4WD & 2WD | B4 FTW Night Fox XL | Mugen MRX-5 | RB | Futaba 3VCS FASST | Faskolor

Visit my showroom
Old 18-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHY View Post
No shit!!! Well, I guess I don't have to ask why you're called "The Doctor" Alain Prost II...
C'mon SHY, Alain Prost is "The Professor"!

What a lovely car the X-5 was/is. A shame that the belt doesn't cope with powerful BLs. It must be a blast in stock racing

Rusti Design - Awesome custom stickers and cool stuff

My trader feedback