Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Gloucester Electric Racing Car Club

Old 17-09-2011

Default Buggies at GERCC

Sup Dudes!

This forum is very small haha! Nethertheless, it seems a few people seem curious of buggies racing on friday nights so...

I've revived my old Yokomo MR4BX from the top of the shelf and it is now in full race winning order Sadly not many other buggies seem to be running, there were 2 this week just gone but im not sure if they will stick at them if a few more people don't get their old scrap out!

Ill be running mine certainly for the next championship regardless of there being a specific heat for them or not, so if anybody feels the urge to race one, be assured there will be another one there

Ill upload some photos this evening of some cars i've owned over the years as a kind of name and shame exercise and to get some colour onto the forum!

Ed
Old 17-09-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Great news ... I will hopefully soon be a regular with my current Kyosho cars and I'm going to be bringing my mate Adam along too, also Kyosho (what else???)
Old 17-09-2011

Hm, I'm tempted myself too. I'd have to buy a buggy though, although Jon's Losi 22 was definitely a tempting prospect, it's a great looking car. I would take a lot of pleasure in thrashing you with one of those Ed
I have a spare Hobbywing 13T setup now too (plus that receiver Ed) so just need a rolling chassis. I might be up for it. Definitely going to stick with the HPI too though.
Old 19-09-2011

talking of spare recievers.... does anyone have a spare 40mhz Futaba rx? I think its an rj152e or something. Can any 2 channel 40mhz rx work with a Futaba transmitter? My buggy has intermittent forward action, no issues in reverse. I have changed the esc and motor but the effects are the same so must be either rx or tx. Have tried alternative transmitter rx combo and it runs fine. Would like to try alternative rx so I can eliminate/identify the faulty part.
Cheers

Si
Supastox
TLR 22
Mi3.5
Mi5
Mad monkey,
Tamiya Monster Beetle/Mud Blaster

"if i'm not racing... i'm dreaming of racing"
Old 19-09-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I've got a few 40MHz RXs that I've used with Futaba TXs in the past, just need to find them!
Old 19-09-2011

@ Roger,

would be good if you could bring them along on Friday.

I might need to take them away to try on the buggy if that is ok with you. Running two cars I won't have the time to test the buggy aswell.

Cheers

Si
Supastox
TLR 22
Mi3.5
Mi5
Mad monkey,
Tamiya Monster Beetle/Mud Blaster

"if i'm not racing... i'm dreaming of racing"