Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Vintage RC

Old 03-05-2012

Default Introduction to me and my collection.

Hi All.

Have been a fan of RC for a long time. I started racing in 1989 with an Optima mid. I was never very good, but I loved the cars.

I used to race at Harlow Buggy Club and Bishops Stortford Buggy Club.

Here's a few pictures of the collection I have left:

l-r:
Back row,
Hotshot 2, YZ870c, Works '91, Works '93, YR-4, YR-4II.
Middle row:
Hotshot 1, Turbo Scorpion, Scorpion, Optima mid, Optima mid Turbo, Lazer ZXRr
Front row:
RC10, Ultima, TRX-1, Cat XLS, Procat.

The little one is holding a hang on rider RG500 Gamma, and theres a HPI RS4 Micro there too.

I have a few more cars in various states not in these first two pictures (A PB ACE/Mustang/Maxima thing, A cat XL, A tamiya Cheetah, kyosho optima, Sand scorcher, and a Pro panther 10. to name a few.

Biggest thing is I wish I'd never sold the cars I did when I went to UNI in '96/7. The RC10 Teamcar was a great deal from a freind in the US last month to replace one I sold at Hinkley Buggy club in '96/7. I also sold My '94 YZ-10 at hinkley buggy club, man I wish I never had and I'd love to get the old car back , Miss my old procat too. That was a lovely car.

Rich
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 104552-0-0-0.jpg (346.4 KB, 123 views)
File Type: jpg 104553-0-0-0.jpg (371.6 KB, 96 views)
File Type: jpg 136308-0-0-0.jpg (285.5 KB, 70 views)
File Type: jpg 136310-0-0-0.jpg (237.3 KB, 56 views)
Old 03-05-2012

Hi Rich and welcome

thanks for sharing your awesome collection had most of those cars at one time or another, the black hotshot was one of my first, got me hooked have been ever since

Mick

Schumacher Cat Sx3
Old 03-05-2012
Mad Member

That is an envious collection...the works '91 and '93 are a rare couple to say the least!

Where do you store them??!
Old 04-05-2012

Welcome to the vintage section here on Oople, thanks for sharing your mighty fine collection - some very nice (& desirable) cars there - the CAT XLS would be my pick of the bunch.

Will have to get all my cars together one day for a group shot. Did your wife/partner know that you had take these pics? I'm sure my other/better half would have had something to say about covering the bed in all my cars lol! Bet your little'un thinks your the coolest dad
Old 04-05-2012

the photos came with a funny one.

I use the name Misterfixit on pretty much every forum I have joined. I am a very active member of www.galantvr4.org. Some of the guys there were commenting on oldschool RC cars, and showing pics. My little one saw the pics and started asking questions. as you can see there were a few cars kicking about the place, stored in various places about the house. He and my wife knew about the TRX-1 and the yoke '91 from seeing them out and running.

I thought it would be cool to gather them together and snap a group shot. I think both were stunned as they started emerging.

Yup, the XLS is cool. was the car I raced most and Hardest. I loved the way it handled. was run with a tekin 250 and parma 17 double, set up for the polished wood floors indoors at Harlow. I bought it as an ex works cars from a massive clearout one of the sponsored drivers had. (Cost me 8quid) !

I'd love to get another Tekin 250, I think the old 17double is still about theplace somewhere.

To answer where the cars are kept, they are a
l over the place, tucked in cupboards, corners of the loft. At present they are not all in one country. The RC10 Team Car is here with me in the Philippines.

Rich