Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Batley Buggy Club

Old 04-10-2016

Default MB Models Raceway. views/comments

After a very successful club meeting followed by a great Winter series meeting, and facing a two week break before the next meeting, I thought it might be an opportune time for reflection...
What are people's views on the facilities, track, carpet, layout etc...?
Personally, I think that the facilities are second to none. Arguably the track is just a little "tight".? The carpet gives great grip, but does that grip, everywhere, lead to more aggressive driving than a track with slippy sections.? I found the mini dart tyres to be excellent but one driver has commented that he wore his set out on the day..? One driver commented that he didn't like the full carpet surface..? My, personal, only complaint would be concerning the track layout being "permanent".The open practice day on the Saturday, together with, I think, 3previous sessions, allowed some drivers to put in umpteen laps compared to those of us with less available time, further from the track giving them a great advantage. I know that the track is open for all to use but it is not possible for some of us. Should the practice day, before a big meeting continue.?
Is there any possibility of the track layout being changed.?
Interested to hear any bodies comments.
Team Associated B4.2
RC10 Worlds
Old 04-10-2016
Mad Member

If ur trying to make it as fair as possible by only using one set of tyres per round an having a control tyre, it would make a lot more sense to have a new layout on the race day. If not u mite as bin all the rules as people will be able to practice an get their car set up for that specific track and have a huge advantage
Old 04-10-2016
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Brewer View Post
If ur trying to make it as fair as possible by only using one set of tyres per round an having a control tyre, it would make a lot more sense to have a new layout on the race day. If not u mite as bin all the rules as people will be able to practice an get their car set up for that specific track and have a huge advantage
Next Winter series round will be a fresh track layout and no one will have practised it.

One set of rear control tyres is spot on. You don't have to use them in practice at the meeting. Everyone I spoke to about it was enthusiastic with the idea as it levelled the field and kept tyre costs down for all. The tyres I took off are still very much usable for club meetings.
You booking in for next time Kev?
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 04-10-2016
Mad Member

Quite possibly, when's the next round?
Old 04-10-2016

Next Winter series round is 30 Oct..
Team Associated B4.2
RC10 Worlds
Old 07-10-2016

My tyres could easily run one or even two more meetings. Track is lovely. Love the consistent surface. No random points makes for very close racing. Cars need to be set up very differently for such high grip. Think this caught many of the less experienced drivers out. Even a high grip Astro doesn't compare to eos carpet.
If you are struggling on this surface don't get disheartened. Just come see any of the more experienced club members and we will point you in the right direction. Personally, my xb2 was on point all day however my thumb skills were sadly lacking.
If you want an X-ray setup then please come see me.
Reedy
DJ KIRKY
Old 07-10-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveproracing View Post
My tyres could easily run one or even two more meetings. Track is lovely. Love the consistent surface. No random points makes for very close racing. Cars need to be set up very differently for such high grip. Think this caught many of the less experienced drivers out. Even a high grip Astro doesn't compare to eos carpet.
If you are struggling on this surface don't get disheartened. Just come see any of the more experienced club members and we will point you in the right direction. Personally, my xb2 was on point all day however my thumb skills were sadly lacking.
If you want an X-ray setup then please come see me.
Excellent post Steve ,
Old 10-10-2016

We attended the meeting and loved it. Facilities were 2nd to none. Friendly staff, shop open for parts is a bonus, track was great, however id love to see more commentary even for the low heats as at times people wouldn't always let you through when lapping etc, 1 set of tyres was a great move, ours have loads of life in them, all day at mb and then used them all day at chadderton and still have enough to do another meeting in my opinion, granted im not a fast driver... fast guys may wear them out quicker
Old 04-11-2016

Is the track open on Saturdays for practice?
Myself & lad are trying find somewhere to get some regular practice time in. Neither of us have raced before & not members of Batley or any other club yet.
I have contacted MB about possible practice, which i was told is sometimes available.
cheers.
Old 04-11-2016

There you have it..! The track belongs to MB Models. Only they can say when there are open, practice days.
Give them a bell...
Team Associated B4.2
RC10 Worlds
Old 04-11-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aire valley View Post
There you have it..! The track belongs to MB Models. Only they can say when there are open, practice days.
Give them a bell...
Thanks! I'm now enlightened,
Wasn't sure if Batley Club ran the practice/race events on behalf of MB Models
& i was in fact asking the wrong people about it