Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Basingstoke Radio Car Club

Old 10-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry2010 View Post
Thanks mate I have just built a banger from my mini stock so all good to go. what time do u start racing on Sunday (doors open)?? Also what scout hut do you race at? Thanks hope To see u sunday
Hey Terry,

welcome aboard!

We race the Mardaves on Sundays 1730 - 1930, The Scout Hut on Carpenters Down, Basingstoke. Any time changes etc will be posted here on the day if not before.

As Phil said, we're not massively big on rules right now - standard BRCA stuff but with electronic speed control if you'd like, external bumpers allowed, and a little flexibility on motors (although we're all standard at the moment). Fun is the name of the game for us right now.

Hope to see you Sunday!

davey.
Old 10-11-2011

Great stuff, can't wait see u all Sunday
Old 12-11-2011

Hi Terry, looking forward to meeting and racing you tomorrow
Old 12-11-2011

Me too mate although still quite new to mardave's lol, can't wait m8 goings to be reckless lol see u boys 2mro.
Old 12-11-2011

We all are Terry, we all are
Old 12-11-2011

Hey all, and welcome Terry. Nice to see a new driver. We are all new to Mardave, we usually run 1:8 off road Nitro - couldn't get much further end of the spectrum really.

Picked up the rest of the track components today, so we should have a complete oval tomorrow. I have also sourced a new net book which will become the permanent race control, this means we don't need to rely on using our own laptops etc and only need one racer database. Sorry Ian , but we are resetting fastest lap times and lap number, Now that we have a proper and consistent track layout, but I am sure you will all have some fun setting some new records.

I know you will all be pleased to know that Steve is back on his feet and he along with Dan will both be racing tomorrow. Steve has been proper unwell, so it's great that he will be back - don't let that stop you caning his car though.

Looking forward to tomorrow, see you all there .
Old 13-11-2011

Steve great to here the good news Dan see you tomorrow it's been to long, Ian let the challenge begin
Old 13-11-2011

Thanks all had a good time racing, thanks for makeing me welcome and will deffernatly be back next week,
Old 13-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry2010 View Post
Thanks all had a good time racing, thanks for makeing me welcome and will deffernatly be back next week,
Looking forward to it Terry - still think you should give up one of yer wheels though! teehee!

d.
Old 13-11-2011

Hi Terry, great racing glad you had a great time, see you next week.
Old 14-11-2011

Hi Guys,

fantastic night on Sunday , thanks to everyone that could make it.

Just to let you know, we are going to be trying out some new ideas over the next couple of weeks. Just to keep things interesting, let me know what you think.

Next Sunday:

4 Heat races as normal (May reduce to 3 depending on numbers)
Finals will be held as Destruction Derby , Bowl style (Track will be changed at the end of the heats). 5 Min Max timer, No Marshals, if your out of the track, on your roof or just plain broke - your out! Last one running wins.

We shall also be trialing a new marshal system - I think ya going to like this idea. There are no persons allowed on or in the track at all apart from emergency track repairs. The only righting of incapacitated cars is to be done by the "Marshal Car" The winner of the previous heat is the driver of the "Marshal Car" for the next. Cool huh! - Their are no marshals for the "Marshal Car" so look after him, if he goes out your on your own. The MC will be placed on and off the track when needed. currently we have to use our own cars as the MC, if any one wishes to opt out, thats not a problem One of the officials will step in.

The Following Sunday:

We are going to try and setup a small basic circuit. A straight on the back edge and a chicane or double chicane (if it will fit) in place of the home straight.

On another note, now that the festive season is fast approaching (not that we need an excuse), I thought it might be a nice idea for us all to get together for a drink or maybe a bar meal or BBQ even. Any ideas!

looking forward to Sunday, see you all there.
Old 14-11-2011

All sounds good to me, an Xmas get together would be fun as well what dates are you looking at as the diary is filling quickly
Old 15-11-2011

Default Marshal car

I have a land rover discovery I could bring down and use that if you want?
Old 15-11-2011

What, a real one? I don't call that fair at all!!

Hi Chaps. Sorry for missing Sunday but it wasn't a good weekend and the issue that kept me at home involved paint. No more to be said!!

Like the sound of your plans Mr Vandal. I'll be there (possibly with Rosie) and well up for the fight. Sorry I missed your calls. Work is hell and its not even got cold yet!!!

I now have a new shell, well several actually as I seem to be able to break them, and will post photo's soon. Help from the rule makers please. Can plastic strengthening bars be bolted to shells?

Anyone up for some Micro T racing some time?
We should have enough between us to run heats for those who don't have one.

See you all Sunday (I really hope!!)

Phil
Old 16-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCPhil View Post
What, a real one? I don't call that fair at all!!

Hi Chaps. Sorry for missing Sunday but it wasn't a good weekend and the issue that kept me at home involved paint. No more to be said!!

Like the sound of your plans Mr Vandal. I'll be there (possibly with Rosie) and well up for the fight. Sorry I missed your calls. Work is hell and its not even got cold yet!!!

I now have a new shell, well several actually as I seem to be able to break them, and will post photo's soon. Help from the rule makers please. Can plastic strengthening bars be bolted to shells?

Anyone up for some Micro T racing some time?
We should have enough between us to run heats for those who don't have one.

See you all Sunday (I really hope!!)

Phil
Oh dear - I hope the paint related problems are now fixed now.

Re strengthening shells - full rules are here:

http://www.basingstokerc.org.uk/page2.html

The relevant bit is
"3. Body shells...
d. Strengthening and Repairs are allowed, you may use glue sticks, tape, cable ties, joining plates may be used (metal plates not allowed) in conjunction with nuts and bolts, no screws allowed. All sharp edges must be filed, and any protrusions must be on inside of the body shell."

Hope that helps.

Re Micro T - yeah, could be fun. I've got one meself (but it don't work - dead battery). I guess if enough peeps bring 'em along we might be able to fit in a heat. Anyone else interested?

Hope to see ya sunday, d.