Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Schumacher

Old 21-06-2011

Default Alloy piviot blocks cat SX3

When you buy these new do you get a manual with them? I have some second hand ones and as I know how they fit I am unsure of what spacers to use. If I go by one setup I have it says use no shims but when I fit them with no shims the wishbone rubs and is not free to move up and down???

Old 21-06-2011

Default Pivot blocks.

On the very back blocks, put a 2mm washer in between, and on the blocks in front of wishbone put a 1mm in between the 2 blocks and a 1/2mm at the top before you put bolt through, if you want me to send some pics send me your email address.
Old 21-06-2011
Spends too long on oOple ...

Look at the original Cat SX manual on the Schumacher site as they were standard on the original SX.
Old 21-06-2011
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to MattW

Yes you get an instruction sheet in the bag if you buy the "half set" that Schumacher do. As Mikey suggests though, the SX instruction manual is also a good place to look.
Old 21-06-2011

Thanks for the replys what difference will it make from that standard setup they give on the cat sx instructions for the alloy ones and the plastic ones that come as standard in the SX3 kit???
Old 21-06-2011
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to MattW

They are probably a little stronger, and you have options to adjust the height of the pivot pins. I don't know what height the guys are running them at on SX3.
Old 21-06-2011

They are stronger than the plastic ones as a chap broke some of the plastic ones at the weekend.

The standard set up the cat sx manual gives you 1.95 degrees of anti squat and the toe is 2.6 degrees.
But using the alloy pivot blocks you can change the anti squat as you can't with the plastic ones.

And having a quick look through the Sx3 manual the standard rear toe is 3 degree and the anti squat is 2 degree for the plastic blocks and don't think you can change them in anti squat and toe so the alloy ones give you that option.

But if you have a look through the back of the instruction manual for the set up page there is a section on that page that gives you toe/track washers and this gives you a chart of the washers you can use to adjust the toe plus it's also used to work out the anti squat.