Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Schumacher

Old 2 Weeks Ago

currently building up my first schumacher ever, have to say that i am super impressed with what i have seen so far. long time kyosho fan but have ran xray, associated and even the disastrous eb410 recently. ive got a good feeling about the L1 and think it will do well on my super grip carpet track!

i kind of went overboard with the hopups and bought pretty much everything available ..
going to run the car stock first at least once and then everything will make its way onto the chassis. im thinking most beneficial items will be the aluminium diff housing and S2 towers along with the regular things like springs/swaybars..

has anyone ran the 4 or 3 pad slipper upgrade? in all my previous 4wd's i have had issues with slippers slipping and inconsistent feel when they warm up, which i have generally fixed by using fibreglass mckune pads, hoping the 4 pad schumacher solution will be the ticket here.
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSolidVato View Post
currently building up my first schumacher ever, have to say that i am super impressed with what i have seen so far. long time kyosho fan but have ran xray, associated and even the disastrous eb410 recently. ive got a good feeling about the L1 and think it will do well on my super grip carpet track!

i kind of went overboard with the hopups and bought pretty much everything available ..
going to run the car stock first at least once and then everything will make its way onto the chassis. im thinking most beneficial items will be the aluminium diff housing and S2 towers along with the regular things like springs/swaybars..

has anyone ran the 4 or 3 pad slipper upgrade? in all my previous 4wd's i have had issues with slippers slipping and inconsistent feel when they warm up, which i have generally fixed by using fibreglass mckune pads, hoping the 4 pad schumacher solution will be the ticket here.
Just go straight to the s2 towers, we run them everywhere.

I have ran kit slipper but I've just ordered the 3 plate slipper to see how it feels compared to kit.
LRP
Mark One Designs
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Mad Member

I did not get on with the 4 pad slipper in the K2 and KF2 as I often found the inner most pad would slip under har acceleration so converted them back to 2 pad slippers. It is also advisable to use the newer slipper spring U7065 which comes with newer schumacher kits as a running change. I find that the white schumacher slipper pads to be inconsistent and are smaller than the slipper slot in the spur gear so I change them for AE slipper pads.
Schumacher KC, KD, CAT XLS, CAT L1 | Team C TM2 V2, TM4, TC02 | JQ The Car | Mugen MBX6 | Losi 8T,8BE 1.5 | Durango DEX-410V4 | FTX Blaze | XRAY M18T | Kyosho STR,Surf Dude,Nexus 30 | Nimrif Makara | MFA Spear | She Devil | T-Rex 450SEV2,250SE | Ark X-400 | Protech Butterfly,Zoom 400 | Ikarus Piccolo | VW T4 | Smart 450 | KC-250 | BoltRC Kraken 5" | Emax Nighthawk 250 | Gravity 250 | S550 | Prusa i3 | TronXY X5A | Must stop collecting stuff!

Last edited by AmiSMB; 2 Weeks Ago at 08:55 PM.