Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/10th OFF ROAD

Old 20-07-2018

Default Trashed servo problems

I’m now on my 3rd servo in my KC am I doing something wrong I’m not the best driver in the world but this is getting stupid now
I’m setting all end points up and am I best reverting back to a plastic horn or not?
I’ve broke one savox black edition and one savox 1258 low profile

Thanks
Old 20-07-2018
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by On the roof View Post
I’m now on my 3rd servo in my KC am I doing something wrong I’m not the best driver in the world but this is getting stupid now
I’m setting all end points up and am I best reverting back to a plastic horn or not?
I’ve broke one savox black edition and one savox 1258 low profile

Thanks
Low profile and savox is the issue.

Get a full sized Xpert RC or other brand with 15kg/cm+ torque and you should be fine.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 20-07-2018

Ahh ok... first time I’ve used them tbh and I’ve never had this issue, I’ve a reedy in my 4wd and that’s never missed a beat “I’ll steer clear of savox 😂”

Thanks for your reply 👍🏼
Old 20-07-2018

The low profile savox servos are know to have weak gears in them, which isn't helped but the fact most 1/10 buggies don't have servo savers

I use standard size savox servos in my buggies and have never had any issues
Old 20-07-2018
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by On the roof View Post
Ahh ok... first time I’ve used them tbh and I’ve never had this issue, I’ve a reedy in my 4wd and that’s never missed a beat “I’ll steer clear of savox 😂”

Thanks for your reply 👍🏼
No problems. The saxox low profiles gear set is particularly weak. Just check the torque ratings and pay a bit more than the savox price point and you should be fine.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 20-07-2018

1257tg and 1258tg full size Savox are fine I've got them in all my cars and never had a problem with any of them, the small Savox are known to be weak.
----AE B4 ft----Xfactory X6^----DEX210 V1----
----TLR22 3.0----TLR22 4.0----TLR22t 4.0----TLR22 5.0AC----
----AE B6.4----
Old 20-07-2018
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilRalph77 View Post
1257tg and 1258tg full size Savox are fine I've got them in all my cars and never had a problem with any of them, the small Savox are known to be weak.
Same here plus my.lads both have the low profile ones in and fine so far and they hit pretty much everything on the track
Old 21-07-2018

Use the plastic horn and buy some spares, alloy horns transmit all the shock into the servo. we use the 1258 savox without a problem. hope this helps you.
Old 23-07-2018

sorry but to say savox servos are the issue is rubbish. if you are crashing that much that you are damaging servos then just use plastic horns instead they will strip before the servo gets damaged. i run savox servos and not had a single one fail yet in either 2wd or 4wd.

but you should ignore the low profile ones, theres plenty of room in kc for full size one