Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > KYOSHO

Old 16-11-2005

Send a message via AIM to tony1034
Default New to the forum

Hi Jimmy,

Just found your forum on the net. It looks good

Great review on the ZX-5. The car is taking off well over here in the States. I'm going to link your site to one of the popular forums over here in the US.

Please drop me an email at tony@tony1034.com when you have the time (I couldn't locate your email address).

Thanks and best regards,

Tony Peczinka
Old 16-11-2005
Supah doOpah

Send a message via MSN to PaulRotheram

Welcome to the forum.

i believe this is jimmys email:

rc(at)oople(dot)com

it says under every gallery, in his copyright statement! :thumleft:
Old 16-11-2005
Administrator

Thanks tony, yea i have been carefull with my email address, just to stop spambots finding it, so i put it like paul noted..

Glad you liked the review, it was a lot of work but im happy with it.. I've a few more reviews in the pipeline so watch out for those..
Old 17-11-2005

Hi Paul, Jimmy,

Thanks for the welcome.

I currently run a Mugen MBX5 and MSR X5T. My son Michael has a Losi Matt Francis 2, but I'm thinking about picking him up one of these ZX-5's. On the Starting Grid conferences they've been talking about issues with the front hingepin brace breaking quite easily. I'm very close with Dale Mowery from Dace Manufacturing http://www.dacemfg.com and I'm sure he can machine a lightweight 7075 aluminum brace pretty easily if the car needs one.

I'm the owner of Tony's Screws and sell screw kits for most of the popular R/C's out here. Most of my current kits are Nitro, but I just started putting together kits for the electrics (including the ZX-5).

I used to race back in the mid 1980's and owned two Kyosho Optima's. That car was amazing back then even with the chain drive. Before that I had a Yokomo that you couldn't keep together for one day ...LOL I also used to race 1/12th 4-cell carpet. I think the car I had was a Delta (not sure if they even exist anymore). I got out of R/C when I got my driver's license (1987) and took a new interest in girls :wink: . But when I moved into my current home in 2001, my father came by with a box full of my old R/C's. It brought back memories & I headed for the closest hobby shop. I walked in and the first thing I saw was a T-Maxx and just HAD to have it...LOL Now I'm totally addicted to R/C (my wife hates it :roll: ).

Do you just collect vintage R/C, or do you run them? I still have the Optimas and the Delta. I actually ran one of the Optimas before getting the T-Maxx. I couldn't believe the thing still ran. Still had all the old electronics in it from 1985-86. Even my old Airtronics XL2P radio worked (Now I have two M8's with the DSM Spektrum system).

Best regards,

Tony P.
Old 22-11-2005
Administrator

Hi tony, glad to head you are doing a hex kit for the zx5, the standard screws are cack for racing.

The front brace does seem a weak point, but then something has to break in a crash i guess.. but i think a lot of people are looking for the front brace in alloy at the moment so it would definately be a good idea to make them.

I dont really get to drive my old cars much to be honest, in fact i barely ever drive an RC outside of a race track now.. I have the new tamiya hornet and will get the new tamiya frog, both which i want to race.. i prefer to look at them though! I do have way too many cars at the moment so need to sell a few (!)
Old 24-11-2005

Hi Jimmy,

The ZX-5 screw kits are selling well since I put them on my site last week. I sell to International customers in the UK, Germany, Spain, etc ... all the time. But if you're interested in becoming a dealer for out there, feel free to contact me.

I just contacted one of my friends that sells Kyosho and he's looking into getting me a ZX-5. After racing last weekend with my son and his Matt Francis 2, I've decided I want to get him a 4WD since it'll be easier (plus Dad can have some fun indoors with it :roll: hahaha).

Is anyone running a brushless out there in the ZX-5? I think I may pick up the Novak GTB system and a pair of 6000mah LiPo packs to use in the car for practice. Thirty plus minutes of run time and no maintanence on the motor will save me the headache of charging and swapping out packs and all the motor work. When the car is raced, we'll swap out the brushless and Lipo for the regular stuff.

I spoke to Dale Mowery from Dace last night about the ZX-5 hingepin brace. He said to just send him one if I got the car and he'd CNC a bunch up out of 7075. So I'll keep ya'll posted.

Best regards,

Tony P.