Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 07-08-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

The only differences between the SR1 and SR1+ are the + has slightly better fets, faster motor limit and comes with a fan. As far as features (timing ect) are concerned they are both the same, you can plug the fan into the SR1 too if you want.

I run an SR1 in my 2wd with a 6.5 V2 without a fan just fine, you'd be better with the fan in 4wd/shortcourse with big motors.

I never really play with the current limit on my Vampires, they are smooth/drivable enough I've never felt the need to
Old 08-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Lowe View Post
The only differences between the SR1 and SR1+ are the + has slightly better fets, faster motor limit and comes with a fan. As far as features (timing ect) are concerned they are both the same, you can plug the fan into the SR1 too if you want.

I run an SR1 in my 2wd with a 6.5 V2 without a fan just fine, you'd be better with the fan in 4wd/shortcourse with big motors.

I never really play with the current limit on my Vampires, they are smooth/drivable enough I've never felt the need to

Cool, thanks for clearing it up a bit, really minimal information out there on these.

My only other thought was with all this big hoo haa people are putting on resistance is the SR1 has more than the SR1+.
Although I'm about 99% sure that it would be impossible for pretty much anyone to pick up the difference.
Might order it next week.
Old 14-08-2013

Well I ended up buying an SR1+, wasn't that much extra over the SR1 so I thought why not.

Can't wait for it to get here to run it.
Old 14-08-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmy View Post
Well I ended up buying an SR1+, wasn't that much extra over the SR1 so I thought why not.

Can't wait for it to get here to run it.
You'll be happy with it I'm sure, I've been very impressed with mine this year, very smooth, but as fast as anything out there.
Old 14-08-2013

Cool, any ideas when the website will be up?

Yeah, biggest hurdle right now is the weather, just cant do anything, either always raining or raining and windy.
Can't get a gap big enough for the track to dry out a bit to get on it.
Old 20-08-2013

Another thing which was just bought to my attention (something I completely forgot to check).

Is there any plans on these ESC's becoming ROAR approved?
Old 26-08-2013

Just received my SR1+, pretty happy with it so far.

How do I change the LVC?
Old 01-09-2013

Since there is virtually no other source of informtion out there for these I'll add this here.

The LVC on the SR1/SR1+ is set at 2.8v and is NOT adjustable.
Old 01-09-2013
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Since there is virtually no other source of informtion out there for these I'll add this here.

The LVC on the SR1/SR1+ is set at 2.8v and is NOT adjustable.
2.8volt per cell in LIPO as per email reply I sent to you (I think) late last week...
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 02-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren Boyle View Post
2.8volt per cell in LIPO as per email reply I sent to you (I think) late last week...
Yes, it was me.
I understood it to be 2.8 per cell, I should have clarified it.

I still don't quite understand why it's so low, it's the only negative thing I have on it, I have nothing but good things to say otherwise.
I'll probably just run an external alarm or something, I was going to sell it but I know with this, I wouldn't get enough money back to buy another decent ESC.
Old 02-09-2013
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Yes, it was me.
I understood it to be 2.8 per cell, I should have clarified it.

I still don't quite understand why it's so low, it's the only negative thing I have on it, I have nothing but good things to say otherwise.
I'll probably just run an external alarm or something, I was going to sell it but I know with this, I wouldn't get enough money back to buy another decent ESC.
2.8V per cell is fine, if your cells ever hit that low in a race and you put them on charge straight away they would be fine, no long term damage would be caused. This allows for high current draw situations where the punch of a fast brushless motor can cause a voltage drop that would otherwise shut down an ESC if it was set any lower... We have had no issues with this at all here in the UK to date.
Old 02-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren Boyle View Post
2.8V per cell is fine, if your cells ever hit that low in a race and you put them on charge straight away they would be fine, no long term damage would be caused. This allows for high current draw situations where the punch of a fast brushless motor can cause a voltage drop that would otherwise shut down an ESC if it was set any lower... We have had no issues with this at all here in the UK to date.
I understand that point, must just be something thats done or thought of differently on that side of the world.

Although I can't say I've ever had that issue though, of the voltage sagging that far.

I'm not trying to come across as a complainer as it is indeed a fine ESC, just wanted to understand why it's so low and non adjustable, havn't seen another modern ESC like it.
Old 03-09-2013

Hi guys need abit of help I bought the vampire sr1+ and a 6.5t v2 motor and put it in my durango desc210r truck but I have a major problem with the motor over heating I've dropped the pts down to its lowest and dropped pinion down to 16t!!! With a 87 spur the truck is running mm4 setup please any advise to get the temperature down even more thanks Steve.
Old 18-09-2013

Has there been anything updated on the speedo since its release in 2011 ?

Old 18-09-2013

Hi,
Does this speedo have amp limiting?.....like the GM genius?
Old 18-09-2013
oOple Advertiser

Jason A - as yet there has been no requirement to make any updates or changes to the factory supplied software, so all models still run Version 1.0.0, not sure if that is a good or a bad thing, people always like "updates" and fiddling around with stuff I guess (its in our nature) but on the other hand no patches, error corrections or updates have been required for it thus far, meaning no one has "had" to make updates simply to get the best out of their equipment since none have been needed..

Simon - the SR1 and SR1+ both feature Current Limiting (in terms of a percentage of power - 80/90% etc) and also feature the PTS (Power Timing System) which are the two provided ways of adjusting and controlling the power delivery

Hope that helps....
Old 07-10-2013

Default Thanks Darren (DMS)

Great customer support

Love the SR1+
Fast Smooth & Easy to Setup
Old 11-10-2013

Hello all.

So is the ppl still happy with there Vampire SR1+?

Best Regards.
Old 11-10-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dMITIj View Post
Hello all.

Best Regards.
Very happy
Old 11-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by dMITIj View Post
Hello all.

Best Regards.
Yup, I have 2 now and the SR1 in my 2WD