Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Durango

Old 19-10-2011
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Skelding View Post
Sorry Gainsy, but you did get a response which you replied to again.
Correct i did get a answer to my original email about the shock shafts, steering link & the c clip, didn't get a reply to the next suggestion about making the manual more understandable to newbies & my question about slim front wheels
Old 19-10-2011
Spends too long on oOple ...

Would like to add Team Durango are very helpful when you follow the correct communication path.

For me if I have a problem with xyz product I'll ALWAYS discuss with the manufacturer before even thinking of posting on a forum.

I've seen people really slate a product in public before asking the manufactuer and then they wonder why the manufacturer doesn't appear "friendly".

I had issues with my first batch SV which I discussed with Schumacher, they went above and beyond in my view for Customer Service. I was very happy and it was all because I addressed it with them direct in a polite manner rather than bashing on a forum or facebook etc etc.

I have done the bashing on forums in the past, but only when it's due... A main Volvo dealer wouldn't resolve some outstanding issues with a car that I paid £13k for. They ignored emails, telephone calls and so forth. After a very public bashing with clear and accurate facts Volvo UK stepped in and resolved it.
Old 19-10-2011

Send a message via AIM to Adam Skelding Send a message via MSN to Adam Skelding Send a message via Yahoo to Adam Skelding Send a message via Skype™ to Adam Skelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by gainsy View Post
Correct i did get a answer to my original email about the shock shafts, steering link & the c clip, didn't get a reply to the next suggestion about making the manual more understandable to newbies & my question about slim front wheels
We are doing a hints and tips section for the website which like we did with the DEX410 will cover the common maintenance and set-up areas of the car.

Slim front wheels - I assume you are talking about the 'Old' Stagger rib.
The simplest method is to cut the wheel down as shown below.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0942.JPG (127.3 KB, 85 views)

Powered by OptiPower

Do, or do not, there is no try!
Old 19-10-2011
Super Moderator

Ok thanks for that Adam
Will the wheels be available soon? or are there any other makes that will fit for the time being till the durango ones are available? i will give the wheel cutting a go when they come out
Old 19-10-2011

Send a message via AIM to Adam Skelding Send a message via MSN to Adam Skelding Send a message via Yahoo to Adam Skelding Send a message via Skype™ to Adam Skelding

Wheels are due in next week.
You can 'Drill / Ream' a B4 wheel out to 10mm and then press in the Durango bearings. It will help get you away until you get the proper ones

Powered by OptiPower

Do, or do not, there is no try!
Old 19-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Skelding View Post
Wheels are due in next week.
You can 'Drill / Ream' a B4 wheel out to 10mm and then press in the Durango bearings. It will help get you away until you get the proper ones
Cougar SV front wheels are the same size as B4 wheels I think (correct me if I am wrong).
Old 19-10-2011
Super Moderator

Thank you
Old 19-10-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyscott View Post
Would like to add Team Durango are very helpful when you follow the correct communication path.

For me if I have a problem with xyz product I'll ALWAYS discuss with the manufacturer before even thinking of posting on a forum.
+1: Last year I built a DEX410 of the very first batch, and I found there were 2 screws not in the kit, and I broke the battery snap pin during the build (It just snapped when I tried to get in on there ). They pretty much just asked the kit number, my adress and easily within 14 days of contacting them I had my parts

A whole lot different than some manufacturers I contacted, from which I never even got a reply.

Anyhow, though I've had a blast building my DEX210, I did come across one or two small issues. The biggest one being that one of the rear wheels is out of balance: The inside side of the wheel probably got a nudge when it was still cooling, or it has shrunk unevenly. The other issues were with screws: I had one screw without a thread But I had the right length in the leftover screws from the build, so no problems there. And lastly I had to use M3x10 screws in two places where M3x8 was adviced - since the 10mm screws fitted I see nothing to complain about there

PS: I shall now stop going off-topic.
Old 19-10-2011

email sent re.diff. Trying to get some circlip pliers online and schumacher circlips
Old 19-10-2011

email sent re.diff. Trying to get some circlip pliers online and schumacher circlips
Old 19-10-2011

Her is some links for the Circlip Pliers and the Schumacher Circlips

http://www.racing-cars.com/pp/Old_Ca...voc/HW010.html

http://www.racing-cars.com/pp/Old_Ca...-3E/U2631.html
Old 19-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by losichris View Post
These are what I used with no issues as I had them for my SV

http://www.racing-cars.com/pp/Manufa...her/HW010.html
Old 19-10-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origineelreclamebord View Post
> Link to Step 13/Bag D of my DEX210 Building Thread. <

I hope this clears things up a bit. I won't be testing my diff unfortunately, but I hope the pictures clear up what should be done, in combination with the information from the manual, advice that Adam Skelding posted, suggestions from Oople members and my attempts to use common sense during the build

The result is a diff that won't slip, can be tightened further than it is right now, feels smoother than many other diffs I've built and there's enough room for the driveshafts to go in on both sides and move freely!

PS: Link to full build thread.
How come your not using the black molybdenum grease on the thrust bearing ? Every diff i have ever built uses the black grease.
Old 20-10-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stegger View Post
How come your not using the black molybdenum grease on the thrust bearing ? Every diff i have ever built uses the black grease.
I have Believe it or not, that is the molybdenum grease from the kit that you can see on the thrust washers. It came out a little light in colour due to the flash of the camera (without the flash the picture would've been all black). I added some more grease inside the cage of the bearing after the picture, so plenty of moly grease there!
Old 20-10-2011

My circlip is in my diff and working well. The Durango 210 diff, for me, is perfect. I built it as the manuel, and no probs at all. I found it super smooth and no problems with getting to the right tension first time.

Having just come from an SV and messing with cone washers that 'ARE' shit, I would say the 210 dif is spot on, even the circlip.

Unfortunatly, as I said, my diff is finished and working, but the circlip in the 210 seemed to me to be thicker than the SV circlip ( I rebuilt my SV diff 4 days ago for the 3rd time in 2 months)

Basically, get the 210 circlip, pre strech it a little, rounded side goes towards the SMALL trust race and use PROPER pliers (or Dremeled ones) Compress it as LITTLE as you can. I put it in at an angle, then removed the pliers and pushed it the rest of the way with a flat screw driver. This way the circlip never gets compressed more than it has to. By pre streching it and not squashing it when fitting, you get a super tight fit when it's fully home.

Mine has been test run, painted and ready for the track tomorrow, so I HAVE built this car to know!
Old 20-10-2011
oOple Tattoo Dancer!

Quote:
ive officially given up on this diff, ive followed everyones advice and spent the last 4 mornings before work trying to get it right.
and can only assume theres something damaged now due to it being taken apart so many times.
may wait for the spare parts, if durango cant get a move on and sort that out. then its going on oople trader section because im really fed up!

how about trying to fit a tamiya 201 diff in the car
Old 20-10-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by footey View Post
how about trying to fit a tamiya 201 diff in the car
That might work yeah, though if it fits you'll at least need to cut down the outdrives, they are quite a lot longer than the Durango outdrives
Old 20-10-2011
Mad Member

Send a message via AIM to daz

Quote:
ive officially given up on this diff, ive followed everyones advice and spent the last 4 mornings before work trying to get it right.
and can only assume theres something damaged now due to it being taken apart so many times.
may wait for the spare parts, if durango cant get a move on and sort that out. then its going on oople trader section because im really fed up!
Il give you £90 including postage for it, pay pal waiting but you pay the fees
Old 21-10-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Big G Send a message via Skype™ to Big G

mine gave up at 10 laps so I stripped it down. once out of the car I pulled the 2 outdrives and they just came apart in my hands lol. The thrust bearings and screw were all still attached to the other half of the diff haha

my cir clip was in backwards which was visible on very close inspection. Re-fitted it all back and I can't get it to slip in my hands.

Will give it a blast around Cov track on Sunday to test
Old 21-10-2011

Many thanks.

I will re check mine tomorrow. Any damage etc