Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Tamiya

Old 04-10-2011

Looking good m8, my young cousin runs a Durga and loves it. It's a reliable, well handling car once it's had some upgrades.
Scotty....
Old 05-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by msxmre View Post
Looking good m8, my young cousin runs a Durga and loves it. It's a reliable, well handling car once it's had some upgrades.
Scotty....
Thanks, it has been a very pleasurable build, my first serious RC car, usually fly rc helicopters.

Now its built I really fancy a TRF 502X.
Old 06-10-2011

Well all i can say is after running the TRF502X for a season is that its a brill car to run, easy to set up and race. I run TRF cars in both 2wd and 4wd. Very reliable cars and there's lots of guys on here who always offer lots of help and advice when someone purchases a new TRF car and wants some help with it. www.trfracing.co.uk is a great website where you get Lee Martins set ups and so on.
Scotty....
Old 15-10-2011

Send a message via Skype™ to Aussie Top Force
Default Its an oldie... but a goody...

It's in full working order, with all original electronics from the same period. Currently my only off-road Tamiya.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg _MG_6156-2.jpg (359.5 KB, 67 views)
Old 15-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Top Force View Post
It's in full working order, with all original electronics from the same period. Currently my only off-road Tamiya.
My nostalgic favourite above all others. Sweet colour scheme too!
Old 16-10-2011

My beloved TRF with 2.6mm lipo chassi for xtra weight
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0065.jpg (331.1 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0070.jpg (134.7 KB, 59 views)
Old 22-01-2012

got new shell and lots new parts coming so will post more soon and it a tt-01 es model drifter thoe :P
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rc car.jpg (10.3 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg IMG00173-20110823-2021.jpg (293.1 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg IMG00320-20110921-2128.jpg (235.1 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg IMG00321-20110921-2129.jpg (245.3 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg IMG00317-20110921-2126.jpg (228.8 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg IMG00319-20110921-2127.jpg (238.5 KB, 13 views)
Old 22-01-2012

Just an update of my TRF Buggies in this thread.
Scotty....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TRF502X FRCC.jpg (120.0 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg TRF201 @MKGP.jpg (156.2 KB, 47 views)
Old 22-01-2012

Send a message via MSN to Eddie168

Here's mine feel free to comment
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0595.jpg (168.8 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_06003.JPG (191.6 KB, 53 views)
Old 23-01-2012

My 511 on the grid for the A-main at the recent DHI Cup. Picture courtesy of racegallery.dk.

Old 23-01-2012

Congrats- 7th on A main is really good mate, what shocks were you running? Yokomo? Do you find the 511 ones not good?
Old 24-01-2012

I think it's should be team lois shocks.
Old 24-01-2012

Yeah, they're Losi shocks. I use a TLR22 for my 2WD adventures and just happened to have a spare set of shocks, so I figured it was worth a try. They're almost a direct fit, you only have to add the 22 upper shock bushing to the shock tower screw, the rest is bolt on.
Tbh I didnt really feel much difference. Landings were perhaps a bit better, but overall it felt the same.

That 7th should have been a 3rd or 4th, the speed was there but the left center pulley wheel broke on two of the four qualifiers and left me with almost no drive for the last 2 laps on both occasions. Same thing happened again the last main, but this time it didnt cost me any places. Wasnt going to challenge Neumann and Ronnefalk anyway, but I'd have liked clear shot for the podium. Heading for the podium is a huge ask from 7th, in the end I finished 6th.

If any wants it, feel free to contact me and we'll work out a price. Its fitted with the ultra-rare, ultra-expensive and completely bulletproof Pumilio metal geardiffs, worth £100 pound a piece. Some hopups have been fitted, like alu rear 0 degree uprights and four titanium turnbuckles, the two steering ones are Lunsford Ti ones. Car comes with all the impossible-to-find alu bits like bulkheads, tower mounts etc as extra spares plus additional spares for nearly the entire car.
Ideally want to swap for an immaculate condition TRF502 w/spares. Alternatively a direct sale.
Reason for posting here is to give you fellow Tamiya nuts a heads up and price drop. Would like to see the car go to someone who already knows how to handle a TRF.
Old 24-01-2012

Hey Jan, why did the center pulley break 2 times? Never heard of that problem... Was it because of the grip or did you have an old belt that ran over the teeth? Or am i completely wrong here?
Do you find any benefit of the Pumilio gear diffs over normal ball diffs? Are there spares available for the Pumilio gear diffs?
What would be your price? WOuld it include the shell as well as all the sapres and parts you mentioned? You can write a PM, maybe i know someone who is interested in the car...
Old 24-01-2012

No, the splines on the pulley that connect to the center drive hub rounds out. Most likely due to the power I put in the car - SP5,5T. Trying to source a new hub (# 3454427), but that is next to impossible. Its three years old so its excused, but had Tamiya made the pulley itself in metal instead of plastic this wouldnt have been a problem. But then again, I dont think they designet the car with ultra high grip carpet like I ran on. No wheelspin with 5,5T motors is putting a lot of stress on the drivetrain.

I found many benefits with the Pumilio diffs. The stock tamiya geardiff gears break, these wont. Neither will the outdrives wear, mines been on the car for nearly 2 years now with all carpet running and they still look like new. It does wear the driveshaft bone a little though, but thats easily replaced.
The only issue I've found is that you need to refill with oil every 30-40 run. I've yet to find an o-ring thats everlasting. Its not a big deal - unscrew 4 screws, pour oil in, screw 4 screws back in.
Drive wise they feel the same as balldiff but with added punch. No slip.

PM sent.
Old 24-01-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan Larsen View Post
No, the splines on the pulley that connect to the center drive hub rounds out. Most likely due to the power I put in the car - SP5,5T. Trying to source a new hub (# 3454427), but that is next to impossible. Its three years old so its excused, but had Tamiya made the pulley itself in metal instead of plastic this wouldnt have been a problem. But then again, I dont think they designet the car with ultra high grip carpet like I ran on. No wheelspin with 5,5T motors is putting a lot of stress on the drivetrain.

I found many benefits with the Pumilio diffs. The stock tamiya geardiff gears break, these wont. Neither will the outdrives wear, mines been on the car for nearly 2 years now with all carpet running and they still look like new. It does wear the driveshaft bone a little though, but thats easily replaced.
The only issue I've found is that you need to refill with oil every 30-40 run. I've yet to find an o-ring thats everlasting. Its not a big deal - unscrew 4 screws, pour oil in, screw 4 screws back in.

PM sent.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3454427-Ta...item519539939e

See My Feedback

Old 25-01-2012

Send a message via MSN to Matt_N

TRF416x racer

TRF416x Drifter

Matt
Old 25-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan Larsen View Post

PM sent.
Hey Jan,

got your pm, interesting these Gear diffs. We will talk again after i have seen the pics.
Old 25-01-2012

Default my tt-01 drift

IMAG0063.jpg IMAG0065.jpg
Old 25-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich D View Post
Bought it. Cheers Rich