Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > LRP

Old 06-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyscott View Post
What's the stock timing on a LRP motor?

I've been running about 18+ timing on my SP ESCS.
Stock timing is -10 degrees, this is also recommended by LRP to be left alone but there is two more end timing parts that come with the X12 motor's that will change it to -5 degrees and 0 degrees, and if you then turn them around it will give you +5 and +10 degrees.

Kyosho | Team Orion | Sanwa | Rudebits | Proline
Old 02-09-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyn (Bomber) View Post
Stock timing is -10 degrees, this is also recommended by LRP to be left alone but there is two more end timing parts that come with the X12 motor's that will change it to -5 degrees and 0 degrees, and if you then turn them around it will give you +5 and +10 degrees.
Just to help those who are not sure about this,

The timing insert with 4 dots on it is -10 degrees (standard) - highest torque - lowest rpm - coolest running
Old 12-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyn (Bomber) View Post
I got my 6.5 Octa Wind at 65-70 degree's after five minutes outside in a Losi 22 (19/76 gearing)

The 100 degree's + all stopped when I took the full timing advance part off the end of the motor, don't need any timing advance with a 6.5 Octa Wind in a Losi 22

I have a losi 22 with a 19/76 and a x12 6.5 and a sxx v2 out side run hapely in the 50 to 65 range but indoor on carpet motor is In the 80 Mark and the sxx up in the 103 Mark very hot but it don't seem to care
Old 28-10-2011

I use to Run the orginal X12 6.5 in my Durango and and CatSX a good motor just aways ran hot

never ran any thing other then the -10 (came set at Zero) I think that the early Nosram and LRP escs that i had, used to run with around +24 deg fixed timing so this was a cause for the motors to run too hot the later ESC had a differnt profile which the motors liked better (designed to work with the X12 Range) and would run a little cooler.

one thing to always keep in mind, you must oil the bearing .when these motors run that hot they tend to dry out the bearing and then Seize up
a lot of people think that Brushless motors are Maintenance Free but there not . I admit there a lot less bover then the old Brushed motors but they still need to be spripped and Cleaned every so Often.