Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Durango

Old 19-08-2014

Default Dex410v3 shorty astro setup

I just bought a v3 and would like to know if anyone has a good set up for high grip medium size astro track. Quite bumpy and is quite a technical but flowing track.

I'm running shorty rather than saddle and have 30gram weight brass skid plate so car is roughly 50grams lighter than saddle pack.

I have just bought some 4 x 1.0 hole piston tapered pistons but can drill to suit so any ideas on hole size and oils?

I looked at petit rc but there are no recent setups I can base my car on.

I also have seen the rear wide track mod which you can increase the width by 3mm. What effect will that have if choose to do it?

Cheers

James
Old 19-08-2014

I wouldnt recommend running a shorty on high grip, the only time i would run a shorty in the 410 is when there isnt much grip but the front pushes on and the rear doesnt rotate. Then the shorty os awesome it gives much more steering and a little less rear grip.

I would run the car with saddles and no weight to start with, im not sure why people run shortys then add weight, it defeats the purpose a little.

I personally run front 1.7mmx2 50wt dark blue, rear 1.6mmx3 35wt light blue, i think people were running 1.2mmx4 hole pistons though and i think they have a similar ratio to one of the pistons that i run but not sure which one.

The wider rear track width will make the car more stable, it will ultimately give the car a little less grip although it my feel like it has more grip as the slide is more consistent and doesnt break away violently, but as your on high grip it should just feel more stable and easier to drive!