Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 25-09-2012

Default Adding a receiver battery.

I want to add a receiver battery to my single cell Mardave.
I plug it straight in to the receiver and bin the voltage booster but do I need to do anything else? Will the red wire need removing from the ESC lead or anything else like that?
I'm just wondering if the 7.4v from the receiver batter will have clash with the 3.7v coming from the single cell.
SC10. Stock spec ESC & motor. KO Propo.

Powered by Nanotechnology.
Old 25-09-2012
Mad Member

Yes, you should remove the red wire from the ESC receiver plug. Just unclip it and heatshrink it, don't cut it!
Old 25-09-2012

Ok, thank you.

Old 26-09-2012

Make sure your receiver and servo will take 7.4V, otherwise use a 6.6V LiFe.

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80777
Old 26-09-2012

They are both 2 cell items which is the reason for me wanting to power them from a two cell battery rather than a single saddle.
The extra weight should help as most in the club run 2 saddles anyway I just can't fit two saddles in and don't want a car that fast.......yet!

Old 26-09-2012

Phil, try adding a capacitor on to your receivor like this one

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/spektrum...products/25493

Should solve any problems, I have to run one on mine or my servo "glitches" but works beautifully with it.

Much lighter than a receivor pack as well

WWW.WCRCCC.CO.UK

One Life, Live it!

Old 29-09-2012

Few things
I have this battery

If I plug it in the receiver with the red wire of the Tekin receiver lead removed and the new little battery plugged in the receiver instead of the voltage booster the esc doesn't work.
Plug it back in works fine.
Will I damage the 1 cell battery or the tiny 2 cell battery or the esc with it plugged in like this?
I have two of the 2 cell batteries and would like to think that 350mah would power a servo, receiver and transponder for 5 mins if I recharge between races.

Old 29-09-2012
Mad Member

Each speedo is different, and you can't say that taking the red lead out applies across the board. LRP and Tekin work with the red lead in but you must not switch the speedo on at the switch with either - only the receiver pack. The capacitor will make no difference at all with a 1S pack on your Mardave. I've run an RS with a LiPo receiver pack and not had any problems, but that was using Futaba 603FS receiver and 9650 servo - high-quality parts. Your mileage may vary...

Tekin do not recommend using a LiPo receiver pack straight into the receiver. They accept a LiFe as it is lower voltage. If yours is a Tekin RS, RS Pro it takes 3-cell inputs. If it is, then the correct way to wire it is as per the attached.

This wiring method will allow you to use the voltage regulator in the speedo. As it is a 6v regulator, it means you no longer have to worry about your receiver being over-voltage, or the servo. It also means that you should be glitch-free when using good quality receiver and servo. Wire it up like this and then switch it on from the speedo switch. HTH

PS - yes, you should use about 80-100mAh per race, so a 350mAh pack is fine. I could get two eight-minute races out of a 250mAh pack. Don't forget to recharge it otherwise...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rs 1s 2s wiring-1.jpg (71.6 KB, 31 views)
Old 29-09-2012

Thank you.
If I leave the switch off for now I should be ok?
I understand your diagram and will try to build that in to my install ASAP but I don't have any micro deans.
It's an RS Pro, a receiver like the one shown and a Savox 1251 low profile.

Can you explain this bit again please?
LRP and Tekin work with the red lead in but you must not switch the speedo on at the switch with either - only the receiver pack.

Last edited by BeachBuggyPhil; 29-09-2012 at 04:00 PM. Reason: Sp
Old 02-10-2012

It worked a treat. Very pleased.
Used between 90 and 130 mah depending on practise laps.
I bought mini deans but due to the tiny size and delicate soldering I'm not going to fit it as mentioned ^^^^^ up there but I will if I have to rebuild the car.
Very happy.