Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/10th OFF ROAD

Old 21-02-2019

Default Cactus Fusion

What are people running to get the cactus fusion tyres to sit properly on 4wd front rims? On the j-concepts 22-4 rims even with schumacher medium foams the contact patch is concave and wears through to sidewalls very quickly while the centre tread is essentially untouched.

Is there a trick i'm missing to mount these tyres or do people resort to hard foams?
Old 21-02-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doovde View Post
What are people running to get the cactus fusion tyres to sit properly on 4wd front rims? On the j-concepts 22-4 rims even with schumacher medium foams the contact patch is concave and wears through to sidewalls very quickly while the centre tread is essentially untouched.

Is there a trick i'm missing to mount these tyres or do people resort to hard foams?
We ran 4WD the other week so first time I used these and it did seem strange but I was told it’s like that on purpose so there is a difference when the tyre is at full speed (baloons) and slower and not in contact giving too much grip and I guess grip roll but thought that’s why you had the rows of staggers. I’m sure an expert here can explain better. I can say if you glue on the first instep and use a tyre band it creates the flatness and his car was no slower down to too much grip at low speeds. So down to personal choice I guess.

If you look at Bruno’s attached it seems very flat though being glued as you should.

Be interested to hear the reason Schumacher have done it though
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EABD23F7-E7EE-460D-B7EA-7620A56003B4.jpg (34.2 KB, 79 views)

Last edited by Rocker79; 21-02-2019 at 12:10 PM.
Old 21-02-2019

I turned the tyre inside out and cut the outer edge of the bead away same as I do with slim cut staggers on my B6.1, the Fusion does sit flat then

Schumacher Laydown
Schumacher Cat L1

Schumacher
RC Octane