Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Yokomo

Old 24-06-2015
Mad Member

Default YZ2 Rear Toe

Anybody tried anything other than kit? As some of you may know i have to run Venoms on the rear, on carpet, which now and then can be a headache,was wondering if increasing rear toe in a tad may be a worthwhile effort to lock it in a bit more? Thoughts?

Lee
Old 24-06-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphee View Post
Anybody tried anything other than kit? As some of you may know i have to run Venoms on the rear, on carpet, which now and then can be a headache,was wondering if increasing rear toe in a tad may be a worthwhile effort to lock it in a bit more? Thoughts?

Lee
I run max rear toe (3.5deg) in on lower traction tracks.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 24-06-2015

You can muck about with the inserts and get 4 degrees toe by using some of the rear hanger inserts in the front rear hangers. Don't use the ones that are too small, they're for the 4wd, apparently.
Old 24-06-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by andoiwebb View Post
You can muck about with the inserts and get 4 degrees toe by using some of the rear hanger inserts in the front rear hangers. Don't use the ones that are too small, they're for the 4wd, apparently.
3.5 is max on kit. 4/4.5 is only achievable with 0.5deg or 1deg rear hubs.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 24-06-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by neallewis View Post
3.5 is max on kit. 4/4.5 is only achievable with 0.5deg or 1deg rear hubs.
You CAN get more than 3.5 deg by not using the arrow front inserts and by using another insert that is the same hole height as the arrow but has the hole offset to the side (i can't remember which one it is as i havent got my car infront of me but its obvious which is the right one).

We have run the YZ2 this way all the time outdoors and it seems ok on lower grip surfaces
AE B74
AE T6.1
AE SC6.1

Kits and parts supplied by:
http://www.rccarshop.co.uk/[/size]

My Feedback thread: http://www.oople.com/forums/showthre...945#post691945
Old 24-06-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by luniemiester View Post
You CAN get more than 3.5 deg by not using the arrow front inserts and by using another insert that is the same hole height as the arrow but has the hole offset to the side (i can't remember which one it is as i havent got my car infront of me but its obvious which is the right one).

We have run the YZ2 this way all the time outdoors and it seems ok on lower grip surfaces
Yeah 3.5 is max if you follow the yokomo guidelines. more is possible if you workout the RF inserts yourself to gain more, remembering of course the pin high or pin low position and antisquat. I guess a cribsheet would be useful, modifying the yokomo original:

http://www.petitrc.com/setup/yokomo/..._ToeAntiSquat/

This chart is doe bmax4iii, but YZ2 rear uses the same.
Old 24-06-2015

Neil is right guys, with the stock hangers and inserts, without adding toe on the hubs 3.5 is max achievable
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (201.1 KB, 27 views)
Old 24-06-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I think more is achievable, but you may need two sets of inserts to accomplish it. Also it may be very confusing.
When I have more time i'll compare inserts and work it out for 3.5deg+ in pin high and pin low positions, retaining 2deg antisquat.
Old 24-06-2015

Andy is correct, it can be done but a bit messy.

On low grip, Worksop for example, Lee and Tom both ran 4 degrees. I ran 3.5 but really needed the extra 4 degrees if I am honest.

Try running your batteries as far back as they will go and stick some weight under the motor also.
Hobbywing
Mark One Designs
Old 24-06-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan1875 View Post
Andy is correct, it can be done but a bit messy.

On low grip, Worksop for example, Lee and Tom both ran 4 degrees. I ran 3.5 but really needed the extra 4 degrees if I am honest.

Try running your batteries as far back as they will go and stick some weight under the motor also.
Lee, Tom and Shin were all using the +0.5 or +1.0 hubs at last weekends RHR Dirt meeting.
I was on 3.5, thought about messing with inserts for more toe, but just left it in the end. I did swap from pin low to pin high, which was a small improvement.
Practice day was excellent, 2wd day was very hard work with the YX2. I should have chucked out the prepped BMAX2 rear car earlier i think, being honest with myself.
Old 24-06-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by neallewis View Post
Lee, Tom and Shin were all using the +0.5 or +1.0 hubs at last weekends RHR Dirt meeting.
I was on 3.5, thought about messing with inserts for more toe, but just left it in the end. I did swap from pin low to pin high, which was a small improvement.
Practice day was excellent, 2wd day was very hard work with the YX2. I should have chucked out the prepped BMAX2 rear car earlier i think, being honest with myself.
I will definitely be getting the +1 blocks for the euros but also keeping my eye out for super cheap BMAX2 as a backup plan.
Hobbywing
Mark One Designs
Old 24-06-2015

If you had the option and they fit. What about running the old hinge mounts of the MR2. Don't they do 4 degrees? Pretty sure i saw something that looked very much like that on a yz-2 in the main final last week.
Old 01-07-2015

Does anyone know the part number for the +1 and +1/2 degree hubs plz?
Old 03-07-2015

+1 is B4-415R10

That's it. There is no +2.