Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > YORCC - York

Old 12-12-2011

Default 10th December Track...

Was awesome! Can only fault it in 1 way, and that was a lack of foamy stuff by the door to the toilets, which due to a blown shock caused me to trash a rear wishbone arm type thing. My fault for giving it too many beans though.

Great meeting, good to see some epic racing in the 4wd mod class, and I'm just wondering how bored Rich Lowe was to bring his SCT out... I'm gonna fix up my Clod Buster and bring that down after christmas... should be a laugh if nothing else...

Anyways, great meeting and good to see you guys again, bring on next weekend!

AC

Thanks to Gray @ 01 and Alex @ Moss Models for being a pair of legends and supporting their local clubs!

Trader Feedback
Old 12-12-2011
Awesome Admin

Send a message via AIM to Col

Rich often brings the sct out in practice.
Track was pretty good, if a little narrow in places. Good nights racing, and like you said was good to see some of the national A finalists returning
Old 12-12-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC199 View Post
...I'm just wondering how bored Rich Lowe was to bring his SCT out...
Not bored at all, a few people had mentioned they'd never seen one going round

It was fun attempting to get it round reasonably well on the wooden Kourse Kings

Appologies for the totally random angled double in the middle of the track, Vermin had already nicked all the mats for the beast in front of the rostrum
Old 12-12-2011
Mad Member

Send a message via AIM to daz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Lowe View Post

It was fun attempting to get it round reasonably well on the wooden Kourse Kings

Appologies for the totally random angled double in the middle of the track, Vermin had already nicked all the mats for the beast in front of the rostrum
Couldnt fault is Rich, just went steady over it and it was fine. Plus I always prefer it when the straight is set so your driving away from race control. from me.
Old 12-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Lowe View Post

Heh, bring it out after Christmas and (assuming i can ever time it right) I'll show you how I can drive over it with my monster truck :P

Was a good night, and that double added a lot to the track I thought, was technical enough to make you think when driving over it, and small enough that it didnt matter if you mistimed the second part a little.

Anyone else got monster trucks or something we could have a blast with that isnt a 1/10th Buggy in the new year? How about something mad like a "run what you brung" class for shits and giggles? Be funky to see a race with SCT V Truggy V Touring car V Monster truck V 1/18th or something equally as mad... Handicap race or something??

Had a thoroughly enjoyable evening, massive thanks to Mike Riley for helping me to repair the many things that i broke...

Thanks to Gray @ 01 and Alex @ Moss Models for being a pair of legends and supporting their local clubs!

Trader Feedback
Old 12-12-2011

lol if I brought my monster truck it wouldnt make it half way round the course, its a £30 toy 1/10 scale with a 380 motor and circuit board electronics lol. Talking of breakages, I smashed my front end into a brick wall last night, turned the wrong way on the car park repaired it with spares, but still