Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > YORCC - York

Old 25-03-2012
Mad Member

Send a message via AIM to daz
Default Staying on the rostrum!!!!!

Please guys, can you stop on the rostrum until the final car has completed their laps. Having witnessed a shambolic display of drivers leaving the rostrum and messing about on the jumps. Plus the drivers from the next heat entering the rostrum while poor old Jerry was completing his final lap is unacceptable on any level. You have plenty of time to return your car to the pits and get to your marshalling point when the race is officially over. Same goes for marshalls as well, stay on your spot until the race is finished.

Thanks guys, lets make it fare for everyone.
Old 25-03-2012

I dont think last night was the best on a lot of levels, there were people driving up the arse of others, this happened to me a lot in my final, and while its fine if it happens accidentally, a simple apology makes it all good, when its done because someone lacks the driving ability to know when they can and cannot pass and doesnt apologise, thats just irritating. We had a severe lack of marshalls for one of the 4wd mod heats as there were only 3 people in 2wd mod, but one driver walked off the rostrum due to one of the marshalls being on his phone!

This is what happens when Jerry doesnt remind us of our responsibilities, people just forget.

Before anyone starts going off on one, I know that I have a tendancy to rub people up the wrong way, but race control, whoever that may be should be able to spot a lack of marshalls and shout for volunteers, i know when that shout goes out, I'm always happy to help in any way I can.

Perhaps we all need to read the rules of engagement again, myself included, i fell foul of the no swearing rule so many times last night, but smashed my car up to punish myself...

AC

Thanks to Gray @ 01 and Alex @ Moss Models for being a pair of legends and supporting their local clubs!

Trader Feedback
Old 25-03-2012

Glad someone has brought this up. I was marshalling heat 1 540 and as soon as a driver finished they were picking their car up and walking about while other drivers were still racing to the line. I did want to say something. At national or even regional you are not allowed to move off the rostrum until race over is called and something I stick to at all levels. I broke my car on lap 1 in the 1st heat and stalled in the same stop on the rostrum until race over is called, which imo is just the right thing to do.

The reason being its easy to put people off leaving the rostrum and my misfortune in round 1 shouldn't lead to me causing a crash of another driver. Its just manners
Old 25-03-2012

'stayed in the same spot' fail! lol
Old 25-03-2012

Interesting. I made frequent requests for volunteer marshalls after the 2wd
heats and final, but they seemed to fall on deaf ears. In future if there are less than six entrants in a class I will mix them with other classes to even out the numbers in each heat. This will ensure even marshalling. Any other suggestions will be considered

Mike
Old 25-03-2012
Mad Member

Send a message via AIM to daz

I was in the 2wd heat with only 4 marshalls and back Mike up as he was calling for volunteers all through the night. I always try and postion the cones so that the lowest numbers are in areas of most importance incase of low entries. I dont think we did a bad job considering, as for the guy on the phone which is totally unacceptable, however he missed his race beforehand due to the importance of the phonecall and I tried to get a volunteer to step in for him but no one was bothered so he had to come out still on the phone for the first few minutes of the race.
Old 26-03-2012
YORCC legend

It's all true: I had to finish my last lap over the heads of people climbing off/on the rostrum, which made me even slower than usual - which is saying something.

I managed to miss giving the drivers' briefing due to an urgently needed repair to my car. That's taught me a lesson!

Normal service resumed next week!
Old 26-03-2012

Sorry Jerry, one of those rude drivers was me. I thought your race had finished.

Old 26-03-2012

Mike, if you need a gobby twat with a loud mouth to shout for marshalls, just pass me the microphone next time i'm there. I heard 1 call for marshalls, but I was mostly watching the racing with my old fella and brother on Saturday night. If a car crashed on the first corner, I was trying to make sure it got turned back over, as thats where we were watching from.

They had a real blast by the way, and were particularly impressed with the awesome tight racing by the front 2 in 2wd mod, think it was Daz Horsman and another fella who I dont actually know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike2222 View Post
Interesting. I made frequent requests for volunteer marshalls after the 2wd
heats and final, but they seemed to fall on deaf ears. In future if there are less than six entrants in a class I will mix them with other classes to even out the numbers in each heat. This will ensure even marshalling. Any other suggestions will be considered

Mike
I'm sure it'll be fine after Jerry reminds us of our responsibilities again.

Thanks to Gray @ 01 and Alex @ Moss Models for being a pair of legends and supporting their local clubs!

Trader Feedback
Old 26-03-2012
YORCC legend

No problem Robin!

I'll have my peaked cap on again this coming Saturday and make sure we have another briefing.
Old 26-03-2012

I'm at a wedding in Cork this weekend so won't be there