Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 12th & 10th On Road

Old 29-08-2015

Hi Draper,
Hope you had a good eve, disaster excluded shame about the esc but it happens even the most seasoned racers do it.

2 suggestions,

1) as wig said cut your power leads to the lipo to only reach the terminal they connect to. only prob with this is if you have lipos where the connector hole goes right thro cos you can flip the lipo over and the terminals are then reversed.
If you get this type then put some tape across the lipo on one side so you can only plug into one side.

2) what i do is get some red paint and as soon as i get a new lipo i paint the whole pos corner of the lipo red. and red wire on the esc for the pos only.

As for radios you really do get what you pay for with radio gear, so buy the best you can afford really.
Core RC are very popular, not the best but if you can find a futaba 3GR, 3VC, or even better 3VCS then you should be ok. Sanwa gemini is supposed to be good for the money to.

HTH's,
Shiny
Old 30-08-2015

Thanks all, Gemini X ordered for me. And going to try two power caps on Jr's car as still glitchy. Waiting for the replacement ESC to arrive and then a general tidy up of things.

Understand why my car under steered now, tyres too hard at the front and too soft on the rear.
Old 05-09-2015
Mad Member

Also check how much rear wing you are carrying. Cut to the mould lines the Kamtec rear wings are more like a parachute than an umbrella. You can cut them down by 10mm from the cut line and the car still handles OK, but will be a bit quicker on long straights.
Old 11-09-2015

Small update, as is now customary every other week!

Sidcup moved to a new venue, things were a little tighter on the track and it was good that they introduced an additional "C" heat where naturally my son and I were placed.

First outing for me in the Zen, and my word its "sharp", good advice from Jay reducing the steering helped, but I took it too far and lost all steering in the final due to the screw coming loose from the servo saver, so that was me out! Shame, I took pole and was ready for some fun with Draper Jr!

Draper Jr in the SSGT took second on the grid and showed some excellent improvement, finishing first with one rather quick lap recorded, so consistency now is key.

So the old adage to finish first, you must first finish, get the car reliable and things do improve (check out our earlier drama's further up the thread).

Buying less stuff now, the initial expense is tapering off which is pleasing.

Sold my SSGT to my brother, so next time three Drapers will be going head to head. Lets see what happens!

All the best!
Stuart
Old 12-09-2015

Thats great to hear Stuart

Expence yes its a bit of a learning curve, but once you get settled it does come down to just race fee's, tyre and the occasional whoopseee momment we all have.

Great to hear Jay is pointing you in the right directions, has he not pointed you towards Maritime yet?
Do you know there are reginals and nationals at maritime very soon at the weekends, if your interested?.......or even worth a visit to spectate, chat pick a few brains get tips.

Im sure you will see some faces from Sidcup at maritime you will recognise.

Keep up the race reports, glad to hear you and Jnr are going great guns

Shiny
Old 12-09-2015

Hi STP,

Still pondering Martime, nice and close to where I live. do they run heats for novices?

I was down the dockyard and had a look to find it, went to the martime museum to ask where it was and no one knew.

It's not to clear on the website where it is, can you help?

Thinking school half term in October, Jr and I will be much improved by then I hope!!

Cheers
Stuart
Old 12-09-2015

Certainly will take at look at the weekends as you mentioned, I'll check the website for dates.