Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > X-Factory

Old 14-10-2006

Default X-Factory X-6

I was reading the track side report of the round four 2wd off road at batley in Novembers issue of rcci and saw a few pics n a bit of info on the x-Factory X-6, It says that it is some kind of conversion kit for the b4, i was just wondering if anyone has got any more info on the x-factory x-6 as i am interested in knowing more!

thanks
Kev

Edit- Ive just found this site - link

Which tells you all about the kit.

Ive still got a few questions tho
Is it better then the b4 at handling,
How easy is it to run
what are the good and bad point about it!

thanks again Kev
Old 15-10-2006

Try this site as well http://www.2wdrc.com/

With drivers like Kinwald and Stafford driving for them they must have something

Chris Long and Dan Greenwood are 2 UK Team drivers, I am sure they will comment for you, and I am pretty sure Jimmy is in the 'middle of/about to start' an in depth review.
Old 16-10-2006

Hi Kev,

I got to run my X6 for the first time yesterday and have to say it is very good. Is it better than the B4 is of course a good question and I honestly think it can be with some more set up work, I feel on a lot of tracks the car will already be faster as it is very easy to drive and very forgiving due to the weight distribution of the car. It is easy to run and goes together well and so far, although only one days running, I have had absolutly no issues with it.
Old 17-10-2006

great thanks both for the quick replies!
Old 01-11-2006

Send a message via AIM to Andy Moore

From what I heard, the car has far too much corner entry steering, along with not enough corner exit rear bite. I think that some setup changes are in order for the car to be working as good as it needs to be.

| Kyosho America | kyoshoamerica.com | Team Orion | teamorion.com |Winning Edge Designs | wedjim.com | Jab Graphix | jabgraphix.com |
Old 01-11-2006
Administrator

Setups should hopefully come when the new team drivers get to grips with the car
Old 01-11-2006
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Moore View Post
From what I heard, the car has far too much corner entry steering, along with not enough corner exit rear bite. I think that some setup changes are in order for the car to be working as good as it needs to be.
My car isn't suffering with this, it is currently very fast indoors (on low grip sportshall floor, and high grip carpet) and I am loving racing it, so I am sharing my setups every so often on 2wdrc.com, and anyone is welcome to try them. The most recent ones are likely to be the best, and if anyone tries them I would like them to post on the forum just how it felt and if they changed it atall from there.
Old 10-01-2007

Send a message via MSN to AndyM

i love my X6, its great, much, much better than my old B4.
it will be much better with a good setup, im still tryin to figure one out, i will try 1 of yours chris.

they jump much flatter, and better than B4s, and corner great as well. They take abit of getting used to tho, but are definatley worth the money

im very pleased with the car
Old 12-01-2007
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to mattym0310

one other thing you forgot to put andy, is about grip roll. i dont think i have ever found any problems with grip role with my x6 compareed with the b4. also the driving style is completely different. the x6 has to be driven more like a real car, its all about your lines because of the amount of grip it has, the back end dusnt step out like a b4. it grips amazingly on smooth 'slippy surfaces, such as gym floor compared to the b4.

i have to say i am also very pleased with the car aswell.
it's great having the team drivers at my local club, they are so helpful with anything i come to them for, eg. setup help.

Team Associated b4
Team Associated b44