Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > BRCA 1/10th OFF-ROAD - 2016

Old 04-01-2016

Very well said
Old 05-01-2016
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy110m View Post
Hi,

I've just read this thread, I'll point out I'm a bystander because i don't want an entry but i know many who do and they all feel the booking in was, I'm sorry to say but, rigged, in favour of high profile racers. Its understandable because the elite always seem to get an entry in both classes whilst Joe Average struggles to get one.

My reason for posting is I recently experienced something similar and its annoying. If there is an agreed process, stick to it without exception.

So to end all the arguments, is it not possible to get a report from the booking in system, filter it to name and entry time, then post it. If DPA is an issue, then fine but have the data hard copy at all the summer nationals to prove its fair for all. And last point, if its not and some do get to book in early, be open about it and why. People will understand.

Don't mean to agree with anyone, or cause any offense. Just posting observations.

I feel peoples frustrations.
I can and I repeat what I told people before, all entries are in timed order. Down to the second not that the seconds made any difference.
The word 'rigged' is an insulting word but I understand you have to use some sort of word but I am part of that organisation that sees the entries so its sort of personal.
Any of you guys are more than welcome to do this PRO job and at this moment in time it feels I want to give it up. I have repeatedly stated its by time of entry. There is no one apart from cancellations that is NOT in the event and replaced as clearly you are suggesting.
I do not get a free hand in doing what I want.
If it was my meeting and you can all quote me on this, I would print the CSV file downloaded from the booking in system and say there you have it.
The BRCA doesn't allow this historically. You don't see National entries and so on. Its how its been for as long as I can remember. I would like to change this and it will be addressed at the appropriate committee meetings and decided upon by a group of people that actually care a lot for our sport.
The same way as we now have on-line booking in as before we never did. The same way that we now accept PayPal when before it was just cheques.
Meanwhile, I have to do what I am allowed to do AND PLEASE NOTE, that it doesn't include lies. What I have told you are facts

I hope that's good enough as I cannot at this stage do anymore for you all.
Old 05-01-2016

Applogies accepted Tony, and thank you for your reply.
Old 05-01-2016

Hi Tony,

To try and help you with future registrations it might be worth placing something on the booking form that the racer has to click an accept to in the T&C's stating that their name and time of entry will be published and by accepting entry then that is part of it. Thereby mitigating the responsibility for the BRCA as the person has consented.

As for publishing times, I appreciate the DPA is there so please be aware that should anyone request the data that is pertinent to them, and in most cases only pertinent to them, then there is a legal stipulation that it must be supplied by the data owner within 40 days.
Every Thursday evening from 6:30pm and alternate Sundays.

Check out http://shrccc.co.uk
Follow us on:

Facebook - Surrey and Hants Radio Control Car Club
Twitter - @surreyhantsrc
Old 05-01-2016

Hi Tony,

Not getting at you in anyway, just the process if anything.

As a constructive suggestion why don't you have a word with the onroad side and use the booking in system on the BRCA site. I do 12th nationals and it couldn't be simpler or any more transparent.

That would solve this problem, or at least stop it reoccurring, and make your life so much easier.
Old 05-01-2016
oOple Advertiser

I am struggling to understand what the problem actually is and who you are all actually talking to to be assuming something is wrong.

There is nothing wrong with the booking in system. It has worked perfect in every way.
It produces the right information and can be uploaded straight into the BBK program as a CSV file and is very simple to use.
The error is mine in asking for instant payment. I should of asked for the payments afterwards - nothing more or less. I accept that was an error on my part. When it got to over 200 entries I put a stop to accepting payments but every entry has been received and some that didn't get a chance to pay have had requests to pay. If they don't pay, they get deleted. Simples the next person on reserve moves up. There is nothing complicated in that.
If competitors didn't book in early enough I cannot help that. Plenty of names with high status that didn't get in. And yes they have moaned at me - Lots too!! There is an argument without the top top drivers present it becomes more like a club meeting rather than the British Winter Open Championship and certainly doesn't have the stature that it clearly deserves.
For these reasons I am sure there will be changes in the future. How we accept entries in the future has to be looked at if its going to be this popular. Nothing was lost or anything like its been insinuated. I repeat the system itself is as right as can be.

Who we allow in the event is the questions you should all be asking.
Some things to think about.....
Maybe some of the National drivers will be on an invitation scenario. Maybe not.
Maybe all F1 drivers get an entry. Maybe not.
Maybe only top 3 only get invited. Maybe top 10. Maybe not
Maybe keep as it is - everyone would know next time for sure. Maybe not.
Maybe if a person books in for both classes they get priority, maybe not.
I can go on and on what is possible and what isn't. The fact is 250 individual entries ALL booked in fine through the system and ALL are logged in with the order they booked in.
Making statements like use another booking in system makes people think there is something wrong when in fact nothing is wrong.

I may be quoting out of turn here but as far as i can remember it's been the most successful initial entries to this event, EVER!! Somehow because obviously some competitors didn't get in, it's been turned on its head to already be some sort of disaster. Its laughable really.

I have full faith in the Silverstone Buggy Club will no doubt lay on a great track and they will no doubt make the meeting be a very successful one.

Next year it will be even bigger and I invite clubs that feel they have the capability to run it, to apply for it. A simple email to me to run the event is all that is needed. tony@rudebits.net as if you didn't know!

Meanwhile I will go back to the insultive emails, texts and rude comments that I have lived with over the Christmas period (yes I have plenty) and keep trying to do the PRO job that I took on.

I would be happy to answer any questions you have

Lastly for those that keep asking for the list to be posted as it came in with times!! I ask what is the point of that when clearly I could manipulate the times if I wanted to. Its a silly request and for that reason it probably will never be posted. The people that know me, know I speak truthfully and the people that wish to stir, will stir

Laters all, I have some work to do
Old 05-01-2016

Have to say that I am not a top level national driver and been back to off road since a sabbatical doing the on road racing.
But I did what it said and booked in and got in as well as two of my mates,all paid and hotel booked.
Yes I know I won't be a Lee Martin or Neil cragg at this game but I do it for Fun.
I would like to have clubs near my door step that can put on these meetings each week my closet one is 1.5 hrs away at best.
But I am looking forwards to this by miles
Thanks to all who are involved because I don't think they get paid for it....
Lrp
Eds
Sworkz 35-4n
Alpha dragon
Old 05-01-2016

I very rarely reply to any on-line forums as things often get taken out of context but I feel compelled to reply to this forum. From what I am led to believe Tony has taken on his role voluntarily for the love of the hobby, for him to receive insulting or derogatory messages is out of order and totally uncalled for. The vast majority of us compete at this sport for fun, there are a quite few who compete professionally, but the overriding reason for us doing what we do is for fun. I understand peoples' frustrations at not getting a place for this prestigious event but really are the insults and other messages directed at Tony really called for.
Old 10-01-2016

Default BWOC 2016 Entry list

On BRCA website this morning......

http://www.brca10thoffroad.co.uk/201...serves-2wd4wd/
Old 12-01-2016
oOple Advertiser

Updated list on the 10th section website
Old 12-01-2016
RHR RACING

Send a message via MSN to James

If anyone sees this, could I have a refund please, 67th reserve so not much chance I will be racing. Thankyou
Old 13-01-2016
oOple Advertiser

The entry listing is changing all the time for this event so please keep a regular look out - catch up soon

www.brca10thoffroad.co.uk
Old 24-01-2016

Thinking of pulling out of the event and have a hotel room for 2 nights if anyone is interested.
Old 24-01-2016

hi,
have a family hotel room on the friday night, £30 if anybodys interested ?
Old 31-01-2016

Can my name be removed from the list and ask for a refund please?
If anyone knows of the correct place to ask please let me know.
Cheers
Old 31-01-2016
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Kirkham View Post
Can my name be removed from the list and ask for a refund please?
If anyone knows of the correct place to ask please let me know.
Cheers
Email Tony at tony@rudebits.net
to be removed
Support from: My Back Pocket

Driver - 'Derek'
Feedback Link : http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48311
Old 31-01-2016
oOple Advertiser

Colin - I have done for you but please people email rather than messages as I really don't get on here that often - thanks all and see you most there - Tony E
Old 03-02-2016
Mad Member

Default Shock protecters

Hi all
anyone looking for shock protecters for the BWOC, I will have some with me.

Unfortunately I won't be there on saturday, I'm only booked in for the sunday

Take a look here:
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthre...810#post939810

Thanks for looking

Sam

Last edited by Zippy G; 04-02-2016 at 08:42 AM.
Old 03-02-2016

Default Shock Protectors

Do we need to provide out own shock protectors guys? Last time Silverstone provided people with them.

Many Thanks
Old 03-02-2016
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team mad rat! View Post
Do we need to provide out own shock protectors guys? Last time Silverstone provided people with them.

Many Thanks
yes you do, how ever the club MAY have some for sale if you ask.

Schumacher F1..The original KF.
TLR 5.0 AC .. FORSALE