Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > North East

View Poll Results: Is NRX suitable for 1/10th racing?
Yes 22 57.89%
No 16 42.11%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 28-04-2009

Send a message via AIM to Adam Skelding Send a message via MSN to Adam Skelding Send a message via Yahoo to Adam Skelding Send a message via Skype™ to Adam Skelding

I really didn't want to post on this thread but having sat back and read the comments both good and bad, I finally thought I'd post my thoughts.

I didn't go to the meeting. I'm not doing 2wd anymore so I went to another region and ran in their open class on a fairly flat grass not unlike York / Tesside with some well thought out jumps and use of contours.

Having viewed the NRX track on the vids that have been posted by the club, it looked like the track had potential to be a good 'un. You can never tell though on how fast people are going from the vids, the only car I recognised was Gregg Williams and it looked OK.

I spoke to my next door neighbour about the track on Sunday and he said it was hard work. Now he's only been racing a year or so, so I would imagine his first trip to an astro track was pretty crazy, he's done the Worksop series and fairs reasonably well.

Hearing and reading the crap that seems to have been posted on here after the event is embarrassing. Have you thought about how this looks from an outsiders point of view, looking on the forum to see events in their region or for that matter for people from other regions.

Not only is the hard work that the club and it's members being put into question, but also the work by the region itself.
NRX put on an event at a track that is predominantly for 1/8th. Having run 10th scale cars round 1/8th tracks, some work, some don't. Its the nature of the cars scaling against the surface you are racing on.

Comments made about rallying and racers breaking their cars really need to be thought about. You can drive and R/C car into a kerb at reasonable speed and it will not break. Increase the speed and eventually it will, the same happens in racing. Crash fast and you are much more likely to break than crashing slow. It's amazing how much faster you go in the heat of competition than just cruising round.
Comments about Rallying and Baja, were just plain misplaced and showed a lack of respect for the point of this thread.

They (NRX)were never going to get it right first time - name me one track that has. -none.
All tracks that we go to apart from this have had previous (years of) experience in setting up tracks. The reason we have had so little complaints in the past is because the tracks have evolved along with the attending drivers skill levels.
Surely at drivers briefing it could have been brought up that some part of the track could be altered. We've done it at Worksop and at Nationals.

The tracks and drivers have to exist as a symbiotic relationship, where both benefit from each others existance, but with out one the other dies.

The regional committee chose the NRX club as it had limited choice and NRX offered their track after it had been 'modified'. Now they are left with a tricky decision as to what to do with the 'missing' round at the end after Peter's comment about not doing the 4wd round.
So now there is no chance for NRX to improve the track and make it ready for the 4wd regional.

Where does all this bickering leave us. In a shambles.

I would imagine just like Peter some other people have had there fill of crassy and ill thought out comments on here and wonder why they bother

Well done.

Powered by OptiPower

Do, or do not, there is no try!
Old 28-04-2009
oOple Contributor

Send a message via MSN to rcracer

Lets just hope NRX take the GOOD and CONTRUCTIVE comments on board and if they choose the poll results and still hold the 4wd event , i for one will attend if they choose to do so and hope this hasnt put other racers off.
Neil
Old 28-04-2009

Speaking as one of the NRX committee members we will not be improving the track further for 10th scale and the 4wd meeting will not be going ahead.

As an 1/8th scale racer it does seem to me that 10th scale buggy drivers do complain more.
Constructive criticism would have been taken on board better than some of the crap written on here but at the end of the day NRX does not NEED 10th scale but it would have been a good additional class to the track.
As it is an 1/8th scale track it would never be changed to a full 10th scale venue as it would then be too boring for our 1/8th members.
At the end of the day its your loss not to have an all weather outdoor track to run on but hopefully some of the whingers will get off their backsides and build their own SUPER 10th scale track to stop the ever increasing amount of 10th scale racers migrating to 8th scale.

Why is it always the people who do the least for the sport complain the most and spoil it for the majority?
Old 28-04-2009
Lee-Mag

Nice post Adam, Personally i would love to run my 4wd round there as it is. But if they find a way to improve things then all the better.

SUPER SEED

I am getting my own oOple blog !!!

Paint by www.Mikovic.com
Old 28-04-2009
Super Moderator

Well, I've sat back and let you all voice your opinion, now it's my turn.

I'm embarrassed by how this thread has turned into a slanging match, what I think could have actually being good feedback for the club has totally put them off holding another event for us.

It has to be said, there is a very much 'them and us' feeling in our region, but it only comes out on here. At the track there is a good atmosphere. Why can't we all get along?

I totally understand the 'don't you realise how much effort it takes' comments too, as I have put a lot of effort into events in the past and my own expense (time and money) but unfortunately that is how it works I'm afraid. If you want to hold an event there is a certain amount of effort that has to be put in. The real problem is that it is always left to the same people.

I'm also often appalled at the number of people who don't seem to be able to use the words 'thank you' these days. I am proud to say that I thanked Peter several times before I left on Sunday for all the hard work he has put in, and for running the meeting. I was glad Peter offered to run the first round of the series as it is the most important (getting the database details correct) as I knew he could handle it, in future we won't have that luxury. I try to make a point of saying 'thank you' to the organisers of meetings I go to if I can, and that's not just regional events, that's National events also. I know how it feels, and for someone to just say 'thanks' makes it worth while.

Do you think it is possible for us all to work together to improve our Region? Lets have some new faces helping out at THEIR own club, seeing what it takes to hold these meetings. If you are there to help with the track and organising - it is much better said then, than after the event.

IF anyone has any problems with anything on the day, you can come and speak to me, I don't bite, or speak to Steve Pierce (drivers rep). The stressed guy on race control who is trying to book people in/change peoples details/print out heat lists and scratch his arse might not always be the correct person.

If anyone has any comments on how we can improve things in the future, pm me, email me or speak to me next time you see me. Lets all work together to improve things eh? Lets put our effort and energy into that instead of the keyboard.

I'm going to organise a big group hug at the next drivers briefing, so everyone get ready for it.

I think that just about covers it, I think it's time to lock this thread and let it die.

G
Closed Thread