Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > North East

View Poll Results: Is NRX suitable for 1/10th racing?
Yes 22 57.89%
No 16 42.11%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 26-04-2009
Smirnoff Ice dancer

Send a message via MSN to ben

Mike west got some. There might be one of the bottom of vermins car
Old 26-04-2009

i finished 4th wee man with coatsie 5th
very well run meeting very smooth but 8th track is an 8th track and just didn't work for our poor little cars that took a proper battering today
Old 26-04-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by super__dan View Post
Any pics of the track? I'm intruiged (sp)?
There's a video from another meeting on youtube,
Old 26-04-2009
Lee-Mag

The track was a different layout at the bottom end of the track today, the logs could be taken flat out if you had the nuts too because the car jumped them

It is the sort of track that Dan and Rich would have gone well on, because it was about keeping it consistent, i think tom would have sent xfactory bust though as it was not a track where you could go balls out for 5 mins

SUPER SEED

I am getting my own oOple blog !!!

Paint by www.Mikovic.com
Old 26-04-2009

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0YA-GFXnfI
Old 26-04-2009

I agree with Lee.. It was a bit bumpy but felt really good when you got it right
I was happy with a 6th & 10th in round and only broke a ball joint in practice.. and I'm no pussy on the jumps
The track is continually being improved so BRING ON 4wd
Thanks to NRX for putting the event on
KF
SV2
SVR
www.racing-cars.com
Old 26-04-2009
Mad Member

Send a message via AIM to daz

This track is defo very good for 1/10th i thought it was ace,and i think about 90% of the other drivers would agree as they did want to run 5 rounds. Two other things what i really thought was good was the quality of scrutineering i got called back twice to say what a nice car i had, and i was stood waiting there like a wet fart till someone could be bothered to do my car for the final. But they apoligised and gave me a snickers.
Also the marshall posts where well numbered, they was clearly marked and there was four point 2's for which was handy if you where car 2.
Big thumbs up from me.

Last edited by daz; 27-04-2009 at 07:50 PM. Reason: Lee smokes the pink havana
Old 26-04-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to telboy

Well, I found it very difficult to drive. I don't admit to being the best driver in the country...far, far from it. We're not all top drivers.

I didn't finish a single run, and completed the whole day in bottom spot.
R1 - broken wishbone, due to over enthusiasm over the last tripple on the first lap (See, I admitted driving silly)
R2 - Broken shock bottom, due to a fairly normal landing off the last tripple (No over enthusiasm this time)
R3 - speedo probs
R4 - Broken rear shock tower on the second big jump. Not taken HUGE just the normal way that everyone else was doing, from first jump to second jump....the way I'd taken it the previous 2 laps.....only to get carried sideways and upwards by the wind.

I did find the track far too bumpy. I couldn't compare it to Eden park Lee, as I found Eden to my liking and no where near as bumpy. (In fact I had my best national result there last year).
I did find it difficult to see some parts of the track too, and found the section at the far right of the track to be a little narrow in places.
I did find, like Ben, that I never had the same take off on the jumps every time, and for this reason found them inconsistent. Just a going over and sorting all the astro joints would probably make it more 10th friendly as there was a couple of time when just a dodgy astro joint threw the car up...and sometimes over.

The team were friendly enough, although I was a bit surprised when the race director was too busy talking to another marshal when I rolled over, and he then had to run from a further marshal point to marshal my car.

I think some very basic style wind breaks could be put across the fence at the back to help with the wind problem, because where I stood to marshal at point 1, there was no wind at all, due to the banked corner acting as a wind break, infact it was rather hot down there. So it could work.

Just my oppinion.
Old 26-04-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to telboy

Oh and G....I think new scales are on the cards, if they're BRCA ones.
My car weighed a different weight every run, and I ended up putting about 80g's too much on just to make sure it got through scrutineering.
Old 26-04-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to josh_smaxx

I voted yes, because i went down about a year ago for an 8th practice with my B44 BEFORE they flattened it out for 10th, i was nailing it over every jump, they had the big brick back section in as well and i didnt break anything, i personally think, if i was still racing, i would favour this place over most just for the varyity of things it has. This is offroad racing people, lets start acting like its offroad.
Old 26-04-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by telboy View Post
The team were friendly enough, although I was a bit surprised when the race director was too busy talking to another marshal when I rolled over, and he then had to run from a further marshal point to marshal my car.
Said race director had been putting the rope back where it should be and telling a certain marshall to watch his head as someone had just nearly took it off.

As the health and safety of the day ultimately comes down to the race director, I'd rather be doing that and having to run 10 foot further than trying to explain to the health and safety exec how a marshall ended up in hospital.

As for the scrutineering the 3 people that volunteered for the job had never done it before and I don't think they did too bad a job, if people just want to twist on they'll end up being no regionals, I know I won't be organising anymore or acting as race director again.

Thanks to those who did appeciate the work before the event and effort that goes in on the day to run these events for people to race at.

Peter
Old 26-04-2009
Mad Member

I found if you had the balls to go flat out in alot more places the car skipped over the bumps, where as if you went slower the car was affected more....

If you drove down the middle of the straight there was alot of joins in the turf making it uneasy and bumpy. If you drove down either side of the straight you could go full speed with no problems.

For me the problem was too much sand on the track which caused some slippery moments.

I only broke 1 wishbone all day in the first heat and can honestly say it was my own fault, not the tracks...

As a few people have pointed out the track is being modified and smoothed out all the time. Its much more 4wd friendly now so should be fine by the end of the season. I will be there for 4wd...
Old 26-04-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Southwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
Mike, if you hadn't tried fish fingers and i asked do you like them? Would you say no because your mate doesn't like them?
So do you like Fish Sticks?
Old 26-04-2009
Lee-Mag

I have never had them Ian, so going my Mikes theory that's a no

SUPER SEED

I am getting my own oOple blog !!!

Paint by www.Mikovic.com
Old 26-04-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Southwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
I have never had them Ian, so going my Mikes theory that's a no
You need to see the latest South Park.
Old 26-04-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Mike Hudson

never been a big fan of them
Old 27-04-2009
Mad Member

I cant believe how many people have complained on here about the track, there have been many event over ther years where i have been to and the track has been poor. Alot of effort has went into this event and some people come on here and voice there opinions behind there computer, voice it on the day!

I didnt race but went along to watch and as chris clark said some people where driving above there skill level, i have always tried not to make the same mistake twice but sometimes my skill level aint good enough either. I believe the person who started this thread had a bad day and is trying to blame some other factor (i.e. the track) bar himself.

Moving on, i would like to thank NRX for punning on a regional, and for the efforts involved in trying to sort the track out for 1/10th racing. I just hope the comments made on here havent deterred people from further improving the track.

Yokomo - Nemoracing
Sb Designs
http://www.fairfueluk.com/
Old 27-04-2009

I did have a bad day but I certainly wasn't the only one. And opinions were clearly expressed on the day by a number of people.
Old 27-04-2009

Well I didn't break a single thing all meeting ! (bar a wing mount that someone else broken when they rammed me). I finished all my races and only made about 5 mistakes all day. I could have went a lot faster but I used my brain and figured the track was to bumpy to go much faster ! And I wasn't far off the A-final.
You have to adjust your driving style to the track and if it's bumpy slow down. It could do with some more smoothing out to make the track more enjoyable so you can attack but that it what is planned for the track ! Don't kill it before it's had a chance ! It's not like the north east has lots of other perminant outdoor tracks ! Don't kill this one
Old 27-04-2009

i agree with that by the amount of poeple that didn't want a 5th round