Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/18th & Micro stuff

Old 14-07-2011
Mad Member

Default Official BRCA Micro National Calendar 2011-2012

Good afternoon

It gives me great pleasure to announce the calendar for this years BRCA Micro Nationals. We (the committee) apologise for the delay in announcing this but we had the usual hic-cups of having to chase people and some clubs were waiting on date confirmation.

As you will see we have lost 2 venues from last years 7 and have gained one new one.

Round 1 - October 2nd - Broughton
Round 2 - November 6th - Telford Hot Trax
Round 3 - December 4th - Dudley
Round 4 - January 8th - Hereford
Round 5 - February 5th - Swansea
Round 6 - March 4th - Caldicot

The entry form has been finalised and this will be released later on today

I'd also like to thank the clubs who applied and apologies for those we had to turn away, those clubs and their representatives have been contacted in regards to this and have accepted the reasons why we have chosen the above clubs and dates

Many thanks

Andy
Entries Officer - BRCA Micro Section

Last edited by Jonesy; 12-09-2011 at 04:21 PM. Reason: Change to Round 2
Old 14-07-2011
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to markwilliamson2001

Woop woop, got some more time to finish kitten off :-)
Old 15-07-2011

Thumbs down Venues

So when will the eastern national dates be released....????
yet again nothing east of birmingham.
I was involved in set-up of last year event in essex due to a last minute cancellation of another. was well recieved as a great track. We endeavour to make the best tracks possible and now have an even better venue. we filled the date to help the series survive and now you give us the 2 finger salute for our efforts.
you wonder why numbers are dropping.....
Old 15-07-2011

Default National Micro Venues

I have to agree with ARC Raceway's post we got the National series out of a hole last year and were told our date for this year had been pencilled in but it seems another club wanted that date so we have been told there is no place for the Essex round. I have stated this point on the UK Micro site and now find myself Barred. Never mind there are always small minded site owners out there.
Old 15-07-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.R.C Raceway View Post
So when will the eastern national dates be released....????
yet again nothing east of birmingham.
I was involved in set-up of last year event in essex due to a last minute cancellation of another. was well recieved as a great track. We endeavour to make the best tracks possible and now have an even better venue. we filled the date to help the series survive and now you give us the 2 finger salute for our efforts.
you wonder why numbers are dropping.....

ARC Raceway

Apologies that you feel this way. We were very grateful for Essex to step in last year and I agree the event put on by them was one of the best on the circuit. I have seen photos and videos from your new venue and I also agree it is a great facility. However I need to point you in the direction of the facts, as per my post on UK Micro RC

I originally spoke to Danny Conway and as I said to him I couldn't see it being a problem as we wanted to come across to Essex this year, I did also state it was dependant on who else applied. The only date that was offered to us by Essex was the December date, Dudley also only offered us that date. Based on the fact that Dudley has been the most popular National in the previous 2 years a decision was made with common sense that we would have to go to Dudley, that would be the bigger money spinner for the section! I don't see this a 2 finger salute but we are always going to have this different viewpoint under the circumstances

As I also said to Ashley I would be happy to discuss this further if you want to contact me directly via e-mail or phone (PM me if you would like my mobile number).

I would also like to make a final point that we can only except entries from clubs who have submitted an official request via the applying process, as of this date (around a month from the closing date) the Micro Section have still not received an official application to host a round by Essex!

Regards

Andy
Old 15-07-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAshers View Post
I have to agree with ARC Raceway's post we got the National series out of a hole last year and were told our date for this year had been pencilled in but it seems another club wanted that date so we have been told there is no place for the Essex round. I have stated this point on the UK Micro site and now find myself Barred. Never mind there are always small minded site owners out there.
Ash

Once again I refer you to my post on UK Micro RC. I have also PM'd you my mobile numebr and respectfully requested you call me to discuss, as yet I haven't heard anything but yet you post more slander against our section

The reason you have received a ban on UK Micro RC is due to call you calling the BRCA Section Chairman 'small-minded' when in fact it was myself who did the majority of the chasing of the clubs. Am I therefore 'small-minded' as it was myself that requested you serve a ban and not Cris. Paul Worsley would not stand for it in the 1/10th Section and I do not expect to see it in the Micro Section, what ever you guys do in 1/8th is entirely up to you, I hear anything goes over there!!

You will not agree with the decision we have taken but we have taken this decision based on common sense, as I requested please feel free to call me to discuss, talking always comes across better then words on the forums

Regards

Andy
Old 15-07-2011

Hi Andy

I do not feel I have slandered the micro section by saying one of its members is small minded. It is you that has put names to the offender, and it is you that has slandered a complete section with your coment (what ever you guys do in 1/8th is entirely up to you, I hear anything goes over there!! ). So I would suggest an apology may be in order from you. I cannot phone you because the pm you sent was on uk micro and I am barred on there
Old 15-07-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAshers View Post
Hi Andy

I do not feel I have slandered the micro section by saying one of its members is small minded. It is you that has put names to the offender, and it is you that has slandered a complete section with your coment (what ever you guys do in 1/8th is entirely up to you, I hear anything goes over there!! ). So I would suggest an apology may be in order from you. I cannot phone you because the pm you sent was on uk micro and I am barred on there
Hi Ash

Apologies if I caused upset with my 1/8th comment, it was merely a badly timed joke in relation to the many racers I know who race 1/8th and I will happily retract the comment

In terms of the small minded comment, you yourself on UK Micro RC stated 'what is going on in your small mind Chairman', to me I assume you were talking about the Chairman, apologies if I have mis-read that

I haven't got all day to go back and forward Ash with regards to this and at the end of the day it is the Micro Section that will suffer and the end goal is that the Micro Scetion thrives as best possible.

Once more I apologise we haven't gone to Essex but the bottom line is Essex have not officially replied. Cris has spoken with Danny today and that is the end of it

Thanks again

Andy
Old 16-07-2011

I read the thread from the other place, and I don't see that Ash was having a dig at Cosie, just using a well know expression to essentially express himself, but a certain someone felt the need to ban him for it.
Old 16-07-2011
Mad Member

Anyway back on topic.....

The National calendar is announced and the forms will be posted shortly so I look forward to receiving those entries

Andy
Old 09-08-2011

Looking forward to it after Micro-x.
Quite a few new faces on the scene lately, so should be good crack
Old 09-08-2011

I just read on RaceChat that Moto is officially in liquidation and will be wound up on the 18th August. Real shame as it's a great venue, even if I did smash my front end up in practice.
Old 10-08-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolution View Post
Looking forward to it after Micro-x.
Quite a few new faces on the scene lately, so should be good crack
Hell yeah!

And for those of you who are unaware, our official shop for the BRCA Micro Nationals is www.tracksidespares.co.uk

You can contact Paul Knight through the website and get your tyre pre-orders and kit purchases sorted before the Nationals start

Currently:
JQ fan.
Bellend.

Forums are better than Facebook groups
Old 10-08-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Do we have a back up plan for moto?
Old 10-08-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Indeed we do, and all will be announced hopefully by the end of the weekend.

The other 5 rounds are safe as far as I know so you can all make plans for hotels etc etc.

As soon as round 2 is confirmed we will be shouting from the rooftops to let you all know

Currently:
JQ fan.
Bellend.

Old 06-09-2011

Any news on round 2? Ardent?
Old 06-09-2011
Mad Member

Hi Jez

Check out UK Micro RC Forum for all details, Round 2 is being held at Telford Hot Trax in Shropshire
Old 12-09-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Just as an FYI to you all,

You must show your BRCA card on the day when booking in.
NO exceptions, NO excuses.

If you have lost your BRCA licence then contact the BRCA Membership Secretary

Currently:
JQ fan.
Bellend.

Old 12-09-2011
oOple Journalist

Default telford?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesy View Post
Good afternoon

It gives me great pleasure to announce the calendar for this years BRCA Micro Nationals. We (the committee) apologise for the delay in announcing this but we had the usual hic-cups of having to chase people and some clubs were waiting on date confirmation.

As you will see we have lost 2 venues from last years 7 and have gained one new one.

Round 1 - October 2nd - Broughton
Round 2 - November 6th - Moto GP Arena, Silverstone
Round 3 - December 4th - Dudley
Round 4 - January 8th - Hereford
Round 5 - February 5th - Swansea
Round 6 - March 4th - Caldicot

The entry form has been finalised and this will be released later on today

I'd also like to thank the clubs who applied and apologies for those we had to turn away, those clubs and their representatives have been contacted in regards to this and have accepted the reasons why we have chosen the above clubs and dates

Many thanks

Andy
Entries Officer - BRCA Micro Section
Hi Andy,

What happened with Telford Hot Trax? I was under the impression they were hosting a round?

cheers for any info

Check out my trader feedback here - http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65776
Old 12-09-2011
oOple Journalist

Thumbs up telford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesy View Post
Hi Jez

Check out UK Micro RC Forum for all details, Round 2 is being held at Telford Hot Trax in Shropshire
Sorry folks, missed that update within the thread, all is clear now

Check out my trader feedback here - http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65776