Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Caldicot Radio Control Car Club

Old 24-10-2011

I was having the same problem, it was a bit like the old days of 27mghz interfearence where the car did its own thing. I have just bought a KO Esprit 3 with the 2.4 conversion, so i hope this solves the problems. I was using the blue recievers and the problem still remained.

Cheers

Rich
Old 24-10-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to millzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunbeam View Post
Thanks for that Millzy

I don't think it's a mounting issue as the RX is always mounted flat to the chassis. It is a bit of a pain getting the wire into the 210's arial mount, so that may have damaged the wire, BUT, I was getting the same problems in the Cougar the other week, so it can't be a damaged wire. The wire mounting in the cougar is easy, so I doubt it was damaged fitting it to the Cougar.

I just don't know. All my hopes are on this power cap, otherwise I'm buying the Sanwa Exzes X like Dave's.

It's the blue RX I've got. I know Huw and Rich have had problems with is set.
Silly question, but have you tested a diffrent recived?
and have you tried resetting the binding
Old 24-10-2011

I've not tried anything really

The problem with trying another RX is that I've got to buy one, or find somebody to borrow one from for a few weeks.

Rebinding would be a good idea

I rang CML today asking about the problem. They said they had never heard of it on this set, but they would ring me back. They did, but when I was out. I have a message to ring them tomorrow.

I'm thinking that the Sanwa is to much money. If Alisha needs a new set as well, I may have to go for two Futaba 3GR's ! Maybe Paul would do me a deal ???
Old 24-10-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to millzy

come see me Friday, between James and I'm sure we have one you can lend for a night or so to test. just let me know what receiver you have (blue new version or black old version) and i will make sure i have it with me

I had a 3gr and had nothing but issues with it- personally i would look out for a second hand futaba 3vc with 2.4 spectrum or a second hand Sanwa Super exez with a 2.4 spectrum
Old 24-10-2011

Thank you for that kind offer Millzy

Unfortunatly, I'll not be there this week I've got to be in Devon with a mate. But I WILL be there the week after.

Maybe I can borrow the blue RX then ?

I'll report back with what CML say tomorrow.

As for the 3GR, I to have had problems with it when I was last at Caldicot a few years ago. I hoped I was the only one. So maybe, it will have to be a new Sanwa if needed.

Good luck with the DEX210 Rich. I don't know much about the set-up yet, but mine was fantastic last week. So if you need any pointers for Friday on the way mine is set-up, catch me before 9am this Friday morning

All the best.
Old 24-10-2011

Rob,

As i said on the other thread i've percivered with the etronix

I had the later Etronix fhss setup with 3 blue receivers and tried every option to get round problems

Its definatley an issue with the radio gear as i tried:
3 different speedos
5 different motors
4 different vehicles
3 different servos
2 different power caps
earth strap in cars
different batteries

I also had a number of replacement tx and rx's from cml still eventually causing me problems

Now i'm sure that there is a link to the knocks and bangs the receivers take in off road vehicles as i had the least amount of problems with the one fitted in my touring car

Now i have rock steady control with a 2nd hand £120 Futaba 3GR 2.4 Fasst and glad i made the change!!!
Old 24-10-2011

Thank you for that JackoR33

Spencer was over today to collect some bits and he gave me your contact here on Oople. He told me that you had had problems as well. I was going to send you a PM, but you beat me to it.

So the Etronics is crap, I would tend to agree with you.

Don't know what CML will say tomorrow ?

I can feel my bank account emptying as I type

Ho Hum
Old 24-10-2011

Send a message via MSN to jaysllim

check the voltage on ur tranny coz wen mine was low voltage it would dowhat urs soumds like its doing,wer it cuts out nd then couple of sec later comes bk but other than that i havent had n e problems even with a reciverwitch had the bockvasing broken in half wer dad was a bit hand fisted with a srew driver tryingto lever it out of his rock crawler lol
Old 24-10-2011

Batteries are fully charged at all times and even swapped for a fresh set of Energizer's. Same problem. I think it's just a rubbish set as others have hinted at.
Old 24-10-2011

You want to try some 40 mhz sets Rob. Cheap as chips, huge choice, reliable, no problems and i havent changed crystals since i started back racing 3 years ago...

40 mhz - Its the way forward
Old 25-10-2011
Spends too long on oOple ...

Can't really go wrong with 27 or 40 MHz now as most run 2.4 you would hardly ever clash. 2.4 does make solo racing that bit easier
Old 25-10-2011

40 meg is tempting, but I like the idea of turning on in the pits to fiddle with my ESC

I also like the piece of mind knowing I'm not going to have problems with outher drivers. We've seen it all before. A shout "Who's on ......," as their car does something it was not meant to do. With 2.4, you can ignor them

However, if you have 40 meg, and you find the driver that turned on, you can poke thier eyes out with the arial from 3 feet away.

So there are advantages on both sides
Old 25-10-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

we could resurrect the peg board so you can't switch on if your frequency peg is missing!
Old 25-10-2011

PEG BOARD !

Showing your age now Pete, LOL

I've just sent my set back to CML. They have said they have never heard of this problem before and need to take a look ! So I have.

To be honest, I'm going to buy a Sanwa Exzes X, I just need to find the cheapest place. Mushroom and RCmart are out of stock. Anybody know of another overseas shop where I can get it cheap (sorry Paul)
Old 25-10-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

so are you, as I didn't have to explain what it was!!
Old 25-10-2011

LOL
Old 25-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyna View Post
You want to try some 40 mhz sets Rob. Cheap as chips, huge choice, reliable, no problems and i havent changed crystals since i started back racing 3 years ago...

40 mhz - Its the way forward
Shhhh Mat!! After nearly having a breakdown over Spectrum i bought Owen a Mint 3vc on 40 meg.. Boxed with receivers and posted for 100.. its been a year now and not even a glitch!! 4o megs the future Rob
Old 25-10-2011

[QUOTE=sunbeam;572323]40 meg is tempting, but I like the idea of turning on in the pits to fiddle with my ESC

I also like the piece of mind knowing I'm not going to have problems with outher drivers. We've seen it all before. A shout "Who's on ......," as their car does something it was not meant to do. With 2.4, you can ignor them

However, if you have 40 meg, and you find the driver that turned on, you can poke thier eyes out with the arial from 3 feet away.

So there are advantages on both sides [/QUOT
At least on 40 meg when your car smashes into a wall you know someone has switched on!( all 2 of us) unlike the 2.4 where you never seem to know why so end up changing everything!!
Old 25-10-2011

LOL good points Dave...

Certainly ive heard of 2.4 sets causing people to do all sorts of thing to them when they go wrong... smashing the things and even jumping up and down on them... You ever heard of anyone doing that Dave ??

In all seriousness, I think the most important point is feel of the handset when your using it. I tried all sorts when i came back racing, none fitted my hands as well as the old Gemini 2, which is the main reason why im still using it. Some felt too 'sharp' in the hands, others had the sticks to far away for comfort, others felt too 'cheap & plasticy '...

Best bit of advice - try each one before you buy a radio, preferably a full clubnight if you can wrangle it. Nothing worse than spending hundreds of quid on a top notch TX then cant get used to it in the hands.
Old 25-10-2011

[QUOTE=Dyna;572539]LOL good points Dave...

Certainly ive heard of 2.4 sets causing people to do all sorts of thing to them when they go wrong... smashing the things and even jumping up and down on them... You ever heard of anyone doing that Dave ??

LOL..3 new receivers,3power caps.a new ariel,battery pack oh and spectrum unit tested resulted in 4 a final dnf's in the 2010 wrca summer champs.(never once went into failsafe at club or in qualis)that said the ninja still finished 4th and got his f2.....The really funny thing is that since i tought the thing some manners its not bothered us since
You coming out to pklay on fri Mat?