Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Titchfield Off Road Club Hants

Old 16-03-2015

Default Radio interference on 15/03

As title, myself and Matt Keene (who both run identical Sanwa MT-4 radios) suffered radio interference yesterday which would explain the rather poor acceleration of the ZX6 on the grid of yesterday's 4WD final.

Did anyone else experience any glitching? I had a couple of problems in practice as well, always in the same general area around the end of the main straight.

I don't know the full ins and outs of the technology but apparently a lot of smartphones operate on 2.4Ghz (Robin Holmes might be able to help with this) so would it be possible to have all phones switched off around the track area to see if the situation improves? Another club I used to race at had this problem, they got everyone to turn off their phones during racing and the problem went away.

It could well have been my own phone that caused this as I was pitting closest to this area.
Old 16-03-2015
oOple Advertiser

It's near impossible for a phone to interfere with your radio.
Glitching is more down to receiver or sensor lead.
I would suggest you look at those.

Also asking the club member or guests to switch off their phones is like asking the club to shut up shop!

Just my opinion!
Old 16-03-2015
Mad Member

I'm on sanwa and mine was fine yesturday ( i crashed on my own accord! ) , the only time i've only ever personaly had interference was with my futaba 3gr , and a power cap sorted that out , altho it only happend at one meeting and was fine after , without a power cap .

Alex .. i used to sometimes get issues at scrc , and wondered if the electric fence was the issue ( would go into failsafe mode , a 1/3 of the way down the straight , then clear again ) but i also had my phone in the car on the straight aswell , again not sure if a smart phone would cause issues.
Old 16-03-2015

I had a glitch as I was following closely being Shaun on the final lap and going over the lower raised corner, just about to make a move and the car just flipped. I'm sure that was a glitch.
Old 16-03-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammers View Post
I had a glitch as I was following closely being Shaun on the final lap and going over the lower raised corner, just about to make a move and the car just flipped. I'm sure that was a glitch.
Didn't know your brain ran on 2.4Ghz Cammers
Old 16-03-2015
No trade access

I've got issues with an Exzes Z radio and RX472 receivers.
Without an aerial (short one was ok) I got issues.
On my ZX6 I had the receiver on the right side so I glued an aerial on the sidepods running from receiver to the rear end of the chassis but a small aerial is ok.
Old 16-03-2015
Mad Member

I had issues with Frsky back in the day. My car would do something of it's own accord (electric and nitro cars) but since I went to spektrum, they've gone away. I see this more a sanwa issue and not a 2.4ghz issue.
SWorkz S12-2

Instagram: crazylthirteen
Blogger: http://the-croucher.blogspot.co.uk/
Old 16-03-2015
Mad Member

No different to suggesting that the reason one can't get internet on your phone trackside is because someone's left their radio on. Sounds a bit silly.
SWorkz S12-2

Instagram: crazylthirteen
Blogger: http://the-croucher.blogspot.co.uk/
Old 16-03-2015

mine played up in the final as well i just put it down to a sensor wire or the board on the motor which what it was last time it did it
Old 16-03-2015

Just to chime in - my radio cut out several times in the last qualy (I retired as I didnt know what it was) and then it did it again in the finals: 5 cut outs in 7 mins (I kept on because it was the final). Running a Sanwa mt 4. Weird how several people all had the same issue on same day?
Old 17-03-2015

I'm also using an mt4 but I didn't notice any problems.
Old 17-03-2015

Wifi runs on 2.4ghz but I would be surprised if this caused the problems you had, maybe more down to bad luck and coincidences. Perhaps the wifi router in race control could be switched off if it's not being used and if we ever have the issues again. I think you would need to see the glitching again though before taking actions otherwise false assumptions could be made if it never comes back again.
Sanwa is normally rock solid so a bit surprised to hear of issues.