Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Faversham Off Road Car Club

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by discostu View Post
dont be daft LOL the point i was making if we had a normal meeting next week the club would have the opotuinity to ask there members what they wanted.

stu

it is an off road club so i think people will want the jumps as its so boring its more like on road
Old 03-09-2011
Mad Member

yes you are correct but you seem to be missing point. us as paying club members we all should be able to have a say on changes to meetings and it would be unfair to make a decsion on half a dozen members on a forum and it would also be unfair to vote before practice starts on club night as not all club members get to the venue as early as some. so by having another meeting on the flat floor will give the commitee a chance to gather all the club members together and have a majority hands up vote in the hall which would be the only fair way.

if it was up to me this it what i would do but its not its just a sugestion to the club commitee.

stu
Old 03-09-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog View Post
Who's going to monitor the 5 minutes, check for frequency clashes, arrange marshals etc?

Leave as Jon has suggested. No points to be won so you can still take the opportunity to try some setup changes.

And if the time is spread equally rather than some drivers having 20 minute stints, then you'll not get much more than 10 minutes each anyway! Last week there were nearly 50 drivers!
its good to see 50+ drivers with a extened practice session from 6pm to 9pm there would be no need to rush and get out to practice before racing starts yes drivers will be on track for 20mins they will also be off track for 30mins cooling there cars down charging batts etc so pick your slot and go practice.

even if you done one 20min run you would have more track time than 2 rounds.

it was just a thought the commitee have the final word.

stu.
Old 03-09-2011

Is it really a such a big issue running a practice session. with the round by round format you run, your not really racing anyway.
The idea is you run say 10 laps see how it feels change somthing and go again. If you run 20mins its gona take 45 to 50 mins to charge back up whats the point of that
It would also give me a chance to run my car agaist Stu, Ed ect so I can see where I'm going wrong, I would have thought most of the normal quick guys from the B and C finals could get a real insight to there driving style from that.
With the new grippy floor the setup is very differant which makes a practice session even more worthwhile.
Plus might even improve some of the utterly disgusting driving that was occuring Wed
Old 04-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM Black7 View Post
Is it really a such a big issue running a practice session. with the round by round format you run, your not really racing anyway.
The idea is you run say 10 laps see how it feels change somthing and go again. If you run 20mins its gona take 45 to 50 mins to charge back up whats the point of that
It would also give me a chance to run my car agaist Stu, Ed ect so I can see where I'm going wrong, I would have thought most of the normal quick guys from the B and C finals could get a real insight to there driving style from that.
With the new grippy floor the setup is very differant which makes a practice session even more worthwhile.
Plus might even improve some of the utterly disgusting driving that was occuring Wed

y dont you look at something like if you crash your off for 10 mins so maybe will make people think about it a bit more not taking people out all the time you cant need that much of set up because i see ed came back with his old car an won so y set your cars up with no jumps out on a flat track because when they come back you going to ask for more set up time its racing get the jumps an the hard bits out let go back off road racing
Old 04-09-2011
Mad Member

yeah ed won last week but then you have to look at the race formats again because he wasnt the fastest he had luck on his side. but the formats are decided so we will take it on the chin.

i agree we should be seting the cars up with all the jumps but again your missing the point 10mins of racing or 3hours track time to play and try stuff for example ecs setup gear ratios roll centre adjustments tyres. dont forget if we had all the jumps out the surface would still be 90% flat floor.

stu
Old 04-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmonkey View Post
y dont you look at something like if you crash your off for 10 mins so maybe will make people think about it a bit more not taking people out all the time you cant need that much of set up because i see ed came back with his old car an won so y set your cars up with no jumps out on a flat track because when they come back you going to ask for more set up time its racing get the jumps an the hard bits out let go back off road racing
Lol This isn't RC racing, it's round by round qualifying
Old 04-09-2011

My lad is not coming Wed reason being if its a practise session then the elite racers of the club will moan and destroy him of the track as they will want it all for themselves look at any Wed night practise session faster cars and slower learners do not mix hence the graded heats, so i for one think the idea of 2 heats just for this week is ok.
Personally Stu and David if you want to run the club step forward i do belive Stu the club was boring and touring cars was the way but you have come back! cant be that bad and David youve been back 5 min with a lot to say i think we may have a new chairman in the wings.
this is no way a slagging match just do not think there is a lot of point to it all.
Old 04-09-2011
Mad Member

Or you could have just asked me and James to do the ramps and we could have just continued like normal.lol.
I also think the ramps need fully wrapping in carpet/astro
What do you recon ?
Old 04-09-2011

Fair Point Gavin. I like the club and always have, I've run clubs before but not able to at the minute.
Mixing things up a bit not a bad thing to do, keeps things fresh, this is the first time I've experienced R by R and keeping an open mind. I ended up 11th Wed so that should put me in the 4th in the B heat by my reckoning, please if that's not how it works kindly explain
Old 04-09-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gav4wd View Post
My lad is not coming Wed reason being if its a practise session then the elite racers of the club will moan and destroy him of the track as they will want it all for themselves look at any Wed night practise session faster cars and slower learners do not mix hence the graded heats, so i for one think the idea of 2 heats just for this week is ok.
Personally Stu and David if you want to run the club step forward i do belive Stu the club was boring and touring cars was the way but you have come back! cant be that bad and David youve been back 5 min with a lot to say i think we may have a new chairman in the wings.
this is no way a slagging match just do not think there is a lot of point to it all.
hi neil you are mistaken ive never said the club was boring as a racer i am always looking for racing chalenges i thought i could get this by racing a tc again but unfortuantly the level of competion wasn't high enough at club level where as at FORCC it is hense the reason for coming back. i enjoy racing at FORCC.

i was mearly sugesting a practice session for the benifit of all drivers i can see you point when it comes to your boy and fully appriciate that. but the fact still remains it would have been nice to be asked as colective paying club members what we would like to do on club nights and like i said before half a dozen people on a forum is not fair and it should be done by a hands up vote.

as for wednesday ill be there weather there is a 2 round racing or 3hour practice for the fact that i plan on make the car faster than it already is.

ps no one is slagging anyone off just a couple of views and sugestions for drivers and club officals to bare in mind.

stu
Old 04-09-2011

Thread closed since the meeting will now be run as normal.

Regards,
Jon.

Closed Thread