Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Associated

Old 24-11-2011

maybe worth asking jonathan clarke of atomic carbon to make a topdeck for it.
Old 24-11-2011
Smirnoff Ice dancer

Send a message via MSN to ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpenterdean View Post
Hahaha!!!! lend us your duster then, pink isn't it? i'm just a bit nervous about hacking wires off servo etc.
And replace that bit of lead in the bulkhead with a brass bulkhead. Shiny shiny
Old 24-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben View Post
And replace that bit of lead in the bulkhead with a brass bulkhead. Shiny shiny
got a cream stainless bulkhead in the lead is just a 5g top up, very nice piece of kit
Old 24-11-2011
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayce View Post
Much nicer - the only thing I would suggest at this point would be to "match" the pieces, making them exactly the same width with similar cut-outs on each side so they perform equally (removal of areas in red) - IMHO.
Quote:
What about now?

Absolutely aces, m8.
Looks professionally done.
Old 24-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayce View Post
Absolutely aces, m8.
Looks professionally done.
very kind have to wait until sunday to see how it goes
Old 24-11-2011

Default centro

Why not just run the car as it was designed with out any bits of fiber glass and then see if the chassis bends and take it from there.
If any one can bend it i can.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG051.jpg (169.8 KB, 271 views)
Old 24-11-2011
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by corkyjohnson75 View Post
Why not just run the car as it was designed with out any bits of fiber glass and then see if the chassis bends and take it from there.
If any one can bend it i can.
Is that the new front end mod in the top right of the picture?
Old 24-11-2011

Default centro

How did you guess.
Old 24-11-2011
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by corkyjohnson75 View Post
How did you guess.
Just a hunch
Old 25-11-2011

Yes I totally understand thats what a forums for and it's meant for expressing your concerns but think to yourself how long you've been waiting for this car and how much you wanted it to be released ASAP, then when you eventually get hold of it the first problem that pops up you turn it into a slagging match which is mainly directed at wez and cml!

I never moaned about cml hurrying the release through and i've never once slated or diected any abuse whatsoever at wez or cml put simply for you this is a forum so that us less experienced racers can get educated advice from you more knowledgeable guys, so in my opinion asking for the thread to be locked is daft, who does that help?
Old 25-11-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Yes I totally understand thats what a forums for and it's meant for expressing your concerns but think to yourself how long you've been waiting for this car and how much you wanted it to be released ASAP, then when you eventually get hold of it the first problem that pops up you turn it into a slagging match which is mainly directed at wez and cml!

I never moaned about cml hurrying the release through and i've never once slated or diected any abuse whatsoever at wez or cml put simply for you this is a forum so that us less experienced racers can get educated advice from you more knowledgeable guys, so in my opinion asking for the thread to be locked is daft, who does that help?

Locking/closing the thread helps no one and that includes CML, They and other distributors and manufactures will use Forums to see what feedback, praises or Problems and useful homemade upgrades and tinkering there products get, wheather its positive or negitive to someones elses view.
It all helps EVERYONE.

Was Chris Long`s thread over the gearbox housing problem for the C4.1 asked to be closed? If so why?

My opinion, no thread unless it`s harmful to someone personal wellfare or private details should ever be closed.

It was once said to me, if you light the blue touch paper you need to stand well back[/CENTER]
Old 25-11-2011

I waited patiently for this car to be relesed, Took my time building it and it seems I was one of the lucky ones who had no problems with the gearbox or anything else during the build really.. The one thing I think could be improved on it the instructions, they're a bit vague.. I had no problems sussing out what was what but could imagine some people finding it difficult! I've ony had the chance to run it at one club night but thought it went very vell for a first run..
The big test is Sunday @ Worksop Can't wait

As for the chassis "issue" I've broke them on a B4 & BJ4 and thought nothing of it.. You have a heavy impact you expect damage!! Just my opinion..
KF
SV2
SVR
www.racing-cars.com
Old 25-11-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sly View Post
Was Chris Long`s thread over the gearbox housing problem for the C4.1 asked to be closed? If so why?
It wasn't. I kept it positive and informative, I posted a problem and resolution which may have only affected a small number of the first batch. CML took note and have dealt with it calmly and quietly with little fuss, as I believe some gearbox housing have now been machined like I did to mine - I have been informed this by a recent customer, nobody else...

Regarding the chassis, the bends have been slight of little concern in my opinion (and blown out of proportion by being on the forum). One was due to rear brace not located over posts properly and turnbuckle too short. Others such as my own was so slight, it wasn't felt on the track, bent back in 5 seconds over my knee and I finished every run... compared with my 3 chassis snapped on my B4.1 this is a good result.. resolution is a brace much like *insert name* has made, thin, running from front battery brace posts to front brace... this I think adds to the tuneability of the car. Run it stiff with brace for high grip and remove brace for low grip.. I personally don't think its an essential thing to run all the time, but nice to have and choose to use majority of the time on high grip tracks (which is most of our tracks really).

So I see the problem as insignificant. The resolution not being essential, but a positive oportunity for AC/CML to release a range of CF braces. Possibly a couple, one being ultra-braced, one mildly braced, and then ofcause running no brace - there's 3 options..
Old 25-11-2011
Mad Member

Nice post Chris !
Old 25-11-2011
SHRCCC Legend

Jst found this load of old tosh!. FFS if you have a hard enough hit to bend the chassis on the C4.1 what the heck do you think you'd have done to the standard B4.1 chassis????. Beggars belief sometimes .

Fair play to CML and Wes on this and all other issues
Old 26-11-2011
Mad Member

Unhappy

Dudders I think the stock b4 chassis is stronger than the c4...... And i think cml will agree
I think you may have missed something .
Are you saying the bent ones are lies
It's engineered to be bendy
This is what oople is for. Discussion good or bad.
Double edged sword I am afraid
I personally like threads like these , everyone is allways correct and huffing and puffing .....usually when they start using sexual examples of power they are on the back foot lol
Time usually sorts out what's what

So you are well planted in the my chassis won't bend camp?
Old 26-11-2011
SHRCCC Legend

No, I'm in the camp of 'hit metal chassis hard will bend..... Hit plastic chassis hard will break..... These are high performance race cars for top end racers.... Go buy a monster truck. Accidents WILL happen'.

And yes, this message was brought to you by grumpy vision at the end of a stressed out week, out there in the real world.
Old 26-11-2011
Mad Member

Cool !
I can't wait for our team race at the offroad wars
Old 26-11-2011
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudders View Post
Jst found this load of old tosh!. FFS if you have a hard enough hit to bend the chassis on the C4.1 what the heck do you think you'd have done to the standard B4.1 chassis????. Beggars belief sometimes .

Fair play to CML and Wes on this and all other issues
Neil - you talk a loads of crap sometimes - think before you post, speak and email, not to mention PMs. - Hint hint
Some extremely well known and very talented racers have had issues.
You clearly don't talk to racers outside your little circle and do not have an idea what is going on in the racing community away from your club.
Speak facts or you will end up thinking why is he having a go at me!!!
And before you go in to one, this is relevant to the chassis.
Just talk facts.
Old 26-11-2011
Mad Member

Please don't get me wrong but I'm not slagging anything or one off,
I'm just curious as a Rc car home builder to this application of Ali sheet
I have never seen Ali applied like This be successful but am keen to learn and push the envelope ( I've never understood that saying either)
Stainless yes, frp yes but never Ali
So am watching this eagerly coz if it's the way forwards then my life has just got really cheap and easy
Cheers
Hope this explains me