Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Large Scale / Petrol Powered

Old 22-03-2014

Default Air fiter cleaning and oiling

hi all,

i have just bought a Losi DBXL and i have heard the air filters often come over oiled. Anyone got suggestions for products for cleaning and oiling the filter. I have seen stuff in RC shopds butas this is a two stroke i am presuming i can probably pick up something cheaper on the hightreet.

For my nirto cars i have used washing up liquid to clean the filter but i wonder if this needs something more hardcore.
Old 22-03-2014

On my baja i have just used washing up liquid to clean it and done the same as what i have done with my nitro's to it. As for oil my baja came with some airfilter oil and i just use that so cant really help you there
Old 28-03-2014

Go to a motorcycle shop that specializes in off-road bikes, you can get a litre of foam filter oil for about £10.

Also most motocross guys just wash the filters in petrol (test a small area of the element first to make sure it doesn't attack the foam/glue and wear gloves) and let it evaporate before re-oiling.

The easiest way to re-oil air filters is to stick them inside a plastic bag with the oil and just squidge it about, as the archdeacon said to the ladies rugby team
Old 17-05-2014

I have a shop selling mx parts. We don't use petrol as it rots the filters. There's a couple of oils you can use, biodegradable or non biodegradable. Filter oil is about £10 and the cleaner is about the same or slightly cheaper. Both are available in aerosol or liquid but I prefer the liquid. Just don't over oil them.