Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Xtreme - VEGA

Old 21-01-2013

Count me in, Car looks great!

I'd happily test it here in the US on some nice firm Clay tracks.

Can't wait to see it released!

MOmo
Old 22-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom3012 View Post
Definately the end of the predator IMO
Have to agree with you there tom.

Keeping fast motors reving hard.

signed...migsy

racing made better by Losi, Team Xtreme, HPI BAJA 5B. novak, castle creations, trak-power lipos bantam B6 and my SMR nicely done by huski sport uk. local club: Cwmaman RC Jammers.

www.the-pred.co.uk
RC BEARINGS 4 U.
Club 22 (admin)

Losi22, losi xxx cr
losi xx-4, losi xxx-4G
baja 5b 30.5cc.
Old 22-01-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Don't be so sure!

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 23-01-2013
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to Tom3012

Theres been little if any predator support in recent years and losing kev lee only made it worse, now extreme are making a new 4wd, why would they bother with the predator... I think the promise of the x11rs sums it up

Atomic Carbon S2, S44, Vega B4.1

Trader feedback: http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19374
Old 23-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHeadling View Post
Don't be so sure!
I dont understand why you keep saying that, you have been eluding to something for years, as per previous posts.. There must come a point where you will just say, ok yes its dead.

You are sprouting the same lines they have been for years... It's starting to look a little silly.

In saying that, the new car looks very nice so well done on that!
Old 23-01-2013

Maybe he just means the new car will be called predator.
Old 23-01-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Well Ron I am good friends with the owner of Team Xtreme and have been told my the man himself the Pred WILL run along side the Vega 4wd.

An alternative spec of Pred is going to be completed after the Vega has been finished, as to the complete specification I have no idea.....

As Xtreme is a small company they have limited resources to focus on each project.

Every Pred spare is on the shelf with kits which are still selling, so the support is still there for all Pred owners.

I agree not having a national driver racing the Pred is a shame but these things happen and I am sure the more conventional design of the Vega will suit the mass world wide market.

The Pred is a bit unusual and that's why people like them and there will be a market for these customers who want something different from the norm.

www.rccarshop.co.uk

Last edited by MHeadling; 23-01-2013 at 09:34 AM. Reason: ..
Old 23-01-2013
Mad Member

I get its a small company but that excuse has been used too often, as for the alternative spec of the pred, that was promised 3 years ago, why didnt they just finish that before starting this new 4wd?

I also think that 'running it alongside' this new 4wd isnt going to happen, why make 2 4WD cars? That must cost them a fortune! Ive got nothing against team extreme but i have read/seen too much in the past few years to believe the predator as we know it is just not important enough anymore...

Old 23-01-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Tom those are questions that only Xtreme can answer as they run the business, drop them an e-mail/phone call if your concerned.

Anyway back on topic the new car looks fantastic, look forward to seeing it in action at Faversham off road club tonight in the hands of Ed Kerry and Will.

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 23-01-2013
Mad Member

To be honest i reckon its time to put the Pred to bed. I know a couple of guys who run them and although they seem to go round okay its the most ridiculously fragile car.

For what it costs you can purchase a far more competitive car more suited to today's tracks. As Mark said, I think because its so different from anything else people are still intrigued.

As for the new car, I haven't seen it but I'm sure it'll be great quality.
Reedy

My feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63097
Old 23-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHeadling View Post
Well Ron I am good friends with the owner of Team Xtreme and have been told my the man himself the Pred WILL run along side the Vega 4wd.

An alternative spec of Pred is going to be completed after the Vega has been finished, as to the complete specification I have no idea.....

As Xtreme is a small company they have limited resources to focus on each project.

Every Pred spare is on the shelf with kits which are still selling, so the support is still there for all Pred owners.

I agree not having a national driver racing the Pred is a shame but these things happen and I am sure the more conventional design of the Vega will suit the mass world wide market.

The Pred is a bit unusual and that's why people like them and there will be a market for these customers who want something different from the norm.

Call me crazy here and im just throwing this idea out there, but if you are a small company as they always, constantly, every single time use as a fall back excuse (and is a tired old line) wouldnt you concentrate and fulfill promises you have made to the countless customers you have, customers who have the car for the love, NOT the performance, rather than just drop it cold, keep spinning lines and having "friends" spin the same lines, and start on a totally new car.

Back on topic, yes a very nice looking car. Nice and tidy and as per the vega, well built for sure. Would be great to see the internal shots, as its looking like belts, cool! Buying one is another story.
Old 23-01-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Interested to see the car under the shell - but based on what I've read to far I'd assume a machining marathon based on existing designs with standard parts bolted on.

The Pred is the only truly different car out there. It was designed with real innovation and was way ahead of its time. I'll be very surprised if this new car continues that tradition.

I know lots of cars are similar at the moment - which makes choosing one tricky.
People make a purchasing decision based on many factors, quality / performance / price / company backup / support etc (see what X-ray did getting the new parts out) some of these areas Team Xtreme have a rocky track record with.

It's going to be expensive - machining isnt cheap.

If they ever get it finished I won't be adding one to my collection in a hurry...

Custom Painted Bodyshells by me ! www.shillyshells.co.uk

http://www.shillyshells.co.uk
Old 24-01-2013
Mad Member

I have no doubt it will be a brilliant piece of kit and very well made, just as mentioned, same old story im afraid, think ive still got some x10 bits on order from 4 years ago

Old 24-01-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Theres been little if any predator support in recent years and losing kev lee only made it worse, now extreme are making a new 4wd, why would they bother with the predator... I think the promise of the x11rs sums it up
The x11 rs was put on the back burner to concentrate on the more popular vega conversions which seemed a better option as there was much competition in the market at that time.
You see from a business point of view that just made sense fitting many manufacturers cars and has outsold the more unconventional pred so helps pay the bills
The x11 WILL still be produced as all the stock IS!! Made and ready for kits or spares
Hope this helps
Old 24-01-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
I get its a small company but that excuse has been used too often, as for the alternative spec of the pred, that was promised 3 years ago, why didnt they just finish that before starting this new 4wd?

I also think that 'running it alongside' this new 4wd isnt going to happen, why make 2 4WD cars? That must cost them a fortune! Ive got nothing against team extreme but i have read/seen too much in the past few years to believe the predator as we know it is just not important enough anymore...
Yes Tom it is a very small company and I think is used a lot but is true unfortunately
The vega 4 is more traditional as racers like so yet again from a business aspect is better
As said earlier the x11 is still available for those pred lovers and still is very competitive
Old 24-01-2013

Ok, from what i have heard in the past from different people i think TX had more legacy issues with the Pred than they thought !! remember comment made about TTECH so they assumed TX would be the same. Now i am not saying that there haven't been problems as there has for some customers ! however again i will state that i have never had one!!!

please remember that this is a business for them, there life, so i am sure they are doing the best they can for an SME

And to confirm agagin the Pred is very much alive but, i think if they ever decided to stop producing that they would be nocked for that so they can really win in some peoples eyes !!!

Give them chance with the Vega 4 !! i have not heard any issues with the Vega 2WD
Old 24-01-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andys View Post
Interested to see the car under the shell - but based on what I've read to far I'd assume a machining marathon based on existing designs with standard parts bolted on.

The Pred is the only truly different car out there. It was designed with real innovation and was way ahead of its time. I'll be very surprised if this new car continues that tradition.

I know lots of cars are similar at the moment - which makes choosing one tricky.
People make a purchasing decision based on many factors, quality / performance / price / company backup / support etc (see what X-ray did getting the new parts out) some of these areas Team Xtreme have a rocky track record with.

It's going to be expensive - machining isnt cheap.

If they ever get it finished I won't be adding one to my collection in a hurry...
Hi Andy
A lot of assumptions there
The vega4 is innovative and beautifully machined yes
No topless shot available as I'm sure you will understand why
Machining isn't cheap but does give a fantastic product with accuracy and durability ( looks great too!)
Vega's are all machined and at a very good price
If you compare the manufacturing costs of some conversions and their retail price the vega stuff is a bargain and all machined in house at TX in the uk with the best materials
It's sad the vega4 isn't for you as from a performance point of view , it is very special !
Hope this helps
Old 24-01-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
I have no doubt it will be a brilliant piece of kit and very well made, just as mentioned, same old story im afraid, think ive still got some x10 bits on order from 4 years ago
All x10s can be fully upgraded to x11 spec
And yes some x10 parts are no longer available as you were made aware and not charged
Thanks Tom
Old 24-01-2013
Mad Member

4 years is a little too long though IMO... I was waiting on a part which fits all predators, the driveshaft buds, i may not have been charged but all i got was 'waiting on supplier' then nothing...

Just my experience, and its a shame because had the support been better id still be driving one!

Old 24-01-2013
Banned

I have a Vega, and its BEAUTIFUL!

TX Have been super helpful as a company I think they do a great job.
I think alot of people are taking this thread out of context.

Its about the Vega 4, If its anything like the rest of the Vega range I will buy one in a heartbeat.

They are a true piece of british craftsmanship!

Keep it up guys!