Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/10th OFF ROAD

Old 13-01-2019

Default New member - vintage cars!

Hi folks, my name is Lee and I just thought I'd say a quick hello, recently cleared out my dad's house and found three generations worth of old 10th scale off road stuff. Mostly Schumacher kit, couple of pro-cats and a few 2wd cougars from the late 80's when me, my dad and grandad all used to race. Amazingly it all seems to be in pretty good order, charged up a 30 odd year old nicad and a transmitter and took my old cougar for a quick spin around the garden and it all worked fine! My main reason for posting here is to find out if there's any interest in vintage kit such as this as it seems a shame for it to all be sat in a loft not getting used. Just going through it all brought back so many happy childhood memories of building, racing and modifying these cars. My grandad was an engineer and would often come home from work with some custom made mods in his lunch box for me to upgrade my cars! anyway great to find this forum, are there any members or clubs in the Milton Keynes area?

all the best

Lee
Old 13-01-2019

Hi Lee.
Yeah there is a lot of interest in the vintage Schumacher cars. Was a Vintage race meeting today at Dudley and in the summer at BMR(notts) will he a Schumacher Challenge and the Revival event. RHR(worksop) will aslo host a vintage meeting and sure a few others will be along to say about other clubs across the UK. Is it for you to restore and race or sell on?
Cheers Kev
Old 13-01-2019

Hi Kev, thanks for the speedy response and info, that's great news I'm really pleased that there is still a community of folk interested in this stuff. I spent 100's of hours building and racing back in the day! Not sure what I want to do really, busy with other things these days and there's absolutely loads of stuff but ten minutes on here had me tempted to have a proper sort through and build something really nice to play with. There's an 1/8th scale i.c car that my grandad built from scratch (as in machined all the parts for the rolling chassis) so I'm keen to strip and polish that and get it built back up, will make sure I take pics and post em on here when I do.
Old 13-01-2019

No worries. Regarding clubs you have Silverstone rc club. They ay be a bit busy after a 3 day event finishing today at the shopping centre there. On Facebook check out vintage Schumacher, iconicRC.com to name a few where will find lots of help and advice if you are unsure what you have. Be good to see whats there. Definitely sounds like a few good keepers in what you have to work on.