Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Y.R.C.C - Yatton RC Car Club

Old 02-07-2012
oOple Advertiser

Default Racing 15th July Do we or not???

Hi All,

Thank you to those that did turn up the weekend hope you had a good day.

The problem is the numbers are not good enough after only having 6 drivers there the weekend we are now think is it worth it. The problem for us is the overheads and if we do not get enough drivers then we can not pay the rent. Leaving ourselfs out of pocket.

So the question is do we hold a race meeting on Sunday the 15th July or not?

Please if you can make it can you post below so we have an idea of numbers to see if it is worth doing it or not. Plus if you know others that are coming please post and could people please spread the word.

Would like to keep hold of this venue for the winter but the way things are going does not look like it will happen.

Many Thanks Y.R.C.C

www.rc-racing.net

Team C Racing
Absima
Nuclear RC
DHR Paint
Phat Bodies
South West RC Ltd
Old 02-07-2012

Send a message via MSN to metalmickey0

I cant do that Sunday as we have guests down and are going out, but how about doing this Sunday coming. the 8th i think.
All so what i think killed the sunday just gone is T4 on the beach was here in Weston.
Old 03-07-2012

yep il be there micro and possibly 2wd on the 15th
the 8th would clash with tivvy
~Schumacher KF2~
~Schumacher Atom~
~BSR Basher-RallyX~
~Ascociated RC8.2e RallyX~
~TeamC T8EV3 RallyX~
phat bodies
worm-racing
http://www.mendiprcraceway.co.uk
Old 03-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dombrasky View Post
yep il be there micro and possibly 2wd on the 15th
the 8th would clash with tivvy
Didnt know that bit. How about another Thursday evening meet
Old 03-07-2012
Mad Member

I can't make the 15th either...it's a welsh regional

I have to say though...the news of possibly moving the track downstairs when I spoke to Rob was music to my ears!

The chance of having a 'full size' track indoors is really exciting, and I think that will help generate a lot more interest once the winter months kick in.

Although I appreciate that keeping overheads under control is an issue, if you can get a really good track set up, get the interest up over the winter and set out a regular calender that sticks with peoples routines I would hope you'll pick up a much better regular turnout...get the product right and they will come!

I'm up for helping out with the track move as and when you do it too...once WORM is sorted over the next few weeks at least!
Racing in South West: http://www.mendiprcraceway.co.uk/
Racing in Wales: www.caldicotrcracers.co.uk
Kept running by: Yokomo via MB Models & www.tracksidespares.co.uk
Shells by Square Crabs
Old 03-07-2012

Like Andy says, the track really needs to go downstairs, that area would make a serious track for an indoor club, and would more likely to get you the numbers you need to keep the place open.

I also think you really need to commit to a regular weekly evening slot so that people know there is a meeting on regardless of what week it is.

I would go for a friday night slot, its a very popular evening at Caldicot and as far as I'm aware there's nothing else going on that evening in the South West.

I would be more than happy to come down and help move the track, might even be able to get you some more carpet/astro if you need it ... also have a pressure washer if you want help cleaning up the downstairs floor area first too ..
Old 03-07-2012

Im in if its on. Also as a side note...Rob I know I've mentioned this before, but I think we should be advertising on the school notice boards around the local area. There are 41 secondary schools apparently within 15 miles of the club.

http://www.schools-search.co.uk/scho...nSubmit=Submit

I think the best thing to do would be to put a poster on every clubs and societies notice board on all these schools. I've made up something that I think we should use. Have a look and give me some feedback (that applies to anyone reading this). But This is the basic information that I think we should be putting on a poster.

Also what is the break even point for drivers to keep this going for the time being?
Attached Files
File Type: doc Radio Controlled Car Racing.doc (83.0 KB, 15 views)
Old 03-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Pickard View Post
Im in if its on. Also as a side note...Rob I know I've mentioned this before, but I think we should be advertising on the school notice boards around the local area. There are 41 secondary schools apparently within 15 miles of the club.

http://www.schools-search.co.uk/scho...nSubmit=Submit

I think the best thing to do would be to put a poster on every clubs and societies notice board on all these schools. I've made up something that I think we should use. Have a look and give me some feedback (that applies to anyone reading this). But This is the basic information that I think we should be putting on a poster.

Also what is the break even point for drivers to keep this going for the time being?
On Dan's note I heard some other clubs have a hand out car for starting off.
I'm sure as a club we could probably find some old electrics or chassis and put together a club car they could maybe rent?
-Schumacher Cat K1
Old 03-07-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspeedy View Post
I would go for a friday night slot, its a very popular evening at Caldicot and as far as I'm aware there's nothing else going on that evening in the South West.
You can go off people really quickly you know Si

Hehe!!

I'd suggest picking a different night to other clubs that are within the same catchment....when there are only limited numbers around it will only weaken both clubs too much in the end which can't be good!

I also agree the schools are part of the key to the future of the sport though...that is for sure...def think there is more we could do with that...but I think we need to go to them with more than just posters...for example...setting up a bit of a track at school fete's or local shows where the parents and kids are present...and selling/offering goes on cars or something...something more hands on...and in there faces!!!
Racing in South West: http://www.mendiprcraceway.co.uk/
Racing in Wales: www.caldicotrcracers.co.uk
Kept running by: Yokomo via MB Models & www.tracksidespares.co.uk
Shells by Square Crabs
Old 04-07-2012

Sorry mate .... but I reckon Caldi are now big enough to not miss a few of the English visitors ...

Friday night just strikes me as being the best night of the week to play with toys race cars ... and from the look of things, Rob and Alan need the numbers soon, its a nice idea to campaign to get local kids involved at Yatton, but that would take time I don't think they have that luxury ...

Big track downstairs and friday nights would be my choice ...
Old 04-07-2012

i'll be hoping to make a meeting soon! previous meetings have always clashed with other commitments and visits back up north. Still not managed to race in the south at all since moving here in April.

Won't be able to make the 15th however.
Old 04-07-2012

yeah that's why i asked what the break even number is. Then that way we have something to work with.
Old 04-07-2012

If its chucking it down Sunday, which looks very likley at the mo will Yatton be open. As news just said we gunna get 2 months worth this week so the boating brigade will be happy.
Old 06-07-2012
oOple Advertiser

Thanks for all the coments and Ideas really going to look at all are options. Looking at the weather forecast its not looking great but will wait till late tomorrow afternoon to make a decision. Want to race at Tiverton if we can but weather is not looking good.

Team C Racing
Absima
Nuclear RC
DHR Paint
Phat Bodies
South West RC Ltd
Old 07-07-2012
oOple Advertiser

We will opening the doors tomorrow for at race meeting. For those who do not want to risk the weather.

Team C Racing
Absima
Nuclear RC
DHR Paint
Phat Bodies
South West RC Ltd