Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Durango

Old 10-04-2012

I'm sure you've probably checked, but are you sure it is the clutch that is slipping not the diff?
Old 10-04-2012

yeah its definitely the clutch.
just seems like the metal plates have nothin like enough friction against the slipper pads. even though they are being pressed together
Old 10-04-2012

Mine was ok for a few weeks then went the same, now using ae pads they seem musch thicker and I've had no problems since
Old 10-04-2012

I had a similar problem last year with the 410, clutch undone itself and slipped a lot (On quite a good run reluctant to stop and limped home!) Anyway the clutch plates were proper hot as expected and the pads shot. New pads were usless and couldn't stop it slipping. After a lot of head scratching amd swearing, i then looked at tje plates and it seemed to me when it had overheated the plates had lost there spring, no matter how much you done it up the plates were just bending and not gripping tje pads.

Wonder if some 210 plates haven't got rigidity of others?
Old 15-04-2012
Mad Member

I have just been rebuilding my rear gearbox just to make sure that it is ready for my next race and have found that the aluminium spacer on the top layshaft was stuck on. When I removed it I have found that the edge of the aluminium spacer that meets the high edge on the layshaft has worn and the spacer has ridden up the shaft almost 1mm which would have an effect on the slipper. I have AE pads which are thicker but I can see that as this spacer wears that the slipper will get more and more loose. I am going to find a steel washer small enough to go up the layshaft that will stop the spacer from wearing away and riding up the layshaft.
Schumacher KC, KD, CAT XLS, CAT L1 | Team C TM2 V2, TM4, TC02 | JQ The Car | Mugen MBX6 | Losi 8T,8BE 1.5 | Durango DEX-410V4 | FTX Blaze | XRAY M18T | Kyosho STR,Surf Dude,Nexus 30 | Nimrif Makara | MFA Spear | She Devil | T-Rex 450SEV2,250SE | Ark X-400 | Protech Butterfly,Zoom 400 | Ikarus Piccolo | VW T4 | Smart 450 | KC-250 | BoltRC Kraken 5" | Emax Nighthawk 250 | Gravity 250 | S550 | Prusa i3 | TronXY X5A | Must stop collecting stuff!
Old 15-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmiSMB View Post
I have just been rebuilding my rear gearbox just to make sure that it is ready for my next race and have found that the aluminium spacer on the top layshaft was stuck on. When I removed it I have found that the edge of the aluminium spacer that meets the high edge on the layshaft has worn and the spacer has ridden up the shaft almost 1mm which would have an effect on the slipper. I have AE pads which are thicker but I can see that as this spacer wears that the slipper will get more and more loose. I am going to find a steel washer small enough to go up the layshaft that will stop the spacer from wearing away and riding up the layshaft.
Remove the burr from the inside/outside, then use a clutch washer off an 1/8th car.
Old 15-04-2012
Mad Member

Thanks for that Chris that is what I have ended up doing.
Schumacher KC, KD, CAT XLS, CAT L1 | Team C TM2 V2, TM4, TC02 | JQ The Car | Mugen MBX6 | Losi 8T,8BE 1.5 | Durango DEX-410V4 | FTX Blaze | XRAY M18T | Kyosho STR,Surf Dude,Nexus 30 | Nimrif Makara | MFA Spear | She Devil | T-Rex 450SEV2,250SE | Ark X-400 | Protech Butterfly,Zoom 400 | Ikarus Piccolo | VW T4 | Smart 450 | KC-250 | BoltRC Kraken 5" | Emax Nighthawk 250 | Gravity 250 | S550 | Prusa i3 | TronXY X5A | Must stop collecting stuff!