Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > TRUCKS - SC - Truggy - Stadium - Crawler

Old 20-01-2010

From the looks of it, the only differences between the strada sc and the XB/mt/ ar the bumpers and the tires which considering the other strada stuff is 25 quid cheaper if you are starting out you might as well get one of the above instead. saying that it look a damn sight nicer than the xb/mt.

And referring to the comment made earlier by DCM-12, I disagree the only thing you really NEED to buy extra when buying an RTR is a regulation motor. The amount extra you pay all depends on the club and the members. I was a member of a TC club for some time and they had alot of young members with out of the box HPI-E10s and all sorts and not only were they happy enough to poodle round the track there was also some competition, graunted it was only between the new comers. And because there were so many of them they had their own heat.
In my opinion it was a fantastic oppotunity for them to get to grips with their cars and how the club was run before the could start getting more money together and getting better kit.
So basically you only have to spend as much as you want, if you want to join the higher heats then sure youll ne to pay out as much as they do, but if your happy and there are enough entrants on the same level i dont see why you cant be completely ready to race for 200 quid.
Old 20-01-2010

So I take it by this thread people disaprove of the Maverick stuff then?
What is it that makes that sort of model uncompetative?
And can it be made competative?
The atom stuff (micro 1/18 stuff) is really supprising.