Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > TRUCKS - SC - Truggy - Stadium - Crawler

Old 14-07-2009

i love the idea of box stock sc10 class, the only problem is policing it, how would you check for droop, shock oil weight etc or am i going to far
it would be very cool though and very close racing
Old 14-07-2009
EX-Member

Too far Wez !!

One coat of paint or two
Old 14-07-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by wezzer View Post
i love the idea of box stock sc10 class, the only problem is policing it, how would you check for droop, shock oil weight etc or am i going to far
it would be very cool though and very close racing
Wez, i thought about this too - To be honest you could have a quick Tech check for Tyres, Motors and if they know what they're looking for the Shocks should at least have the same springs and spacers in the top - If people decide they want to start changing the oil / pistons then that's just a shame but up to them at the end of the day.

I'm sure it would become apparent if one truck was handling far better then any others - i guess it'd be one of those things we'd just have to hope people can be trusted with
Old 14-07-2009
EX-Member

Also there is the prob of people putting 1:8th inserts (AKA) inside standard Tyres? Supplied wheels on the day would be good

Already epoxied would be great
Old 14-07-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sco77morgan View Post
Also there is the prob of people putting 1:8th inserts (AKA) inside standard Tyres? Supplied wheels on the day would be good

Already epoxied would be great
As long as people just run the standard Tyres with the inserts they come with everything should be fine no??

I can't see why people would want to cheat as the whole point of a series like this would be the Fun element, not out and out competition - keep that for the buggy racing

I'm sure in a tech check they'd be able to tell if anyone's used non standard inserts (if they're different enough to make a difference anyway)
Old 14-07-2009

i think the tech could check all, ride hieght,droop,springs,tyres,motors, bats camber links etc reasonably quickly, as for damping, i suppose it could be done but a little more difficult.
maybe have 2 classes , box stock (boxer) and unlimited ???? just a suggestion though
Old 14-07-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by wezzer View Post
i think the tech could check all, ride hieght,droop,springs,tyres,motors, bats camber links etc reasonably quickly, as for damping, i suppose it could be done but a little more difficult.
maybe have 2 classes , box stock (boxer) and unlimited ???? just a suggestion though
Yeah i think with a series like this, people have to be trusted to a certain extent - we just have to hope that people aren't desperate enough to win that they'll do stuff like this as the whole point would be to make it Fun and even - If people cheat and win then i can only hope they wouldn't feel that great about winning and we'd all know if they had cheated ;-)

Easy way would be to swap cars for the finals haha
Old 14-07-2009
EX-Member

Lucky dip
Old 14-07-2009
Lion-O - King of the Thundercats

Send a message via MSN to bigred5765 Send a message via Skype™ to bigred5765

i think going that fare would take must of the fun out of it, spec motor, tyres,would be enough, ride hight springs oil etc is down to personnel pref,IMHO its grip and speed that need to be std across the field.
Old 14-07-2009

suppose the easiest way would be to tech the top 4 in each run, simples
it still makes me grin when i watch a heat of SC10 drivers on the rostrum at our club , every one, and i mean everyone , on the rostrum has a massive grin on thier face, even if they have just been tagged by someone ! it is a reet giggle
Old 14-07-2009
Spends too long on oOple ...

or have thing like those bangers on top gear. If someone wants to buy the winning car at kit price, it has to be sold. Then any costly upgrades would be worthless!
Old 14-07-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred5765 View Post
i think going that fare would take must of the fun out of it, spec motor, tyres,would be enough, ride hight springs oil etc is down to personnel pref,IMHO its grip and speed that need to be std across the field.
Yeah i see your point, but to me if people just run them as they come with standard pistons and 30wt oil it REALLY keeps it simple and cost effective.........

Changing oils, pistons, springs, shock positions, camber etc just encourages testing, practising and playing around which i just think is something that could be avoided in the SC10 class if everyone agrees to it - How much fun just chucking the thing on the track and having to drive it without thinking do i need more rear pack, does the front end need softening up etc etc...

Remember also that this could be a really good way for people to start 1/10th racing as it already seems to appeal more due to the "realism" so these Newbies won't have a clue about changing Oils, pistons and again could be put off if they feel they can't compete due to set-ups (Something that happens too often in 1/10th buggy's)...

I say keep them stock as they came
Old 14-07-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Not wishing to butt in (I dont own an SC10, you see), but really? Keeping camber and preload spacers as they are out the kit??

Totally agree with kit wheels, tyres, shock bodys, shells etc etc but you'll make alot more hard work for yourself by trying to limit every single thing....

That said, ive always been a fan of watching the SC10's and hope that someone organises a big event soon (It aint hard to organise em, I know )

Currently:
JQ fan.
Bellend.

Forums are better than Facebook groups
Old 14-07-2009
EX-Member

Come on Chris you know you want one !!

Just sell a little bit of micro stuff and come on over to the BASH
Old 14-07-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0sie View Post
Not wishing to butt in (I dont own an SC10, you see), but really? Keeping camber and preload spacers as they are out the kit??

Totally agree with kit wheels, tyres, shock bodys, shells etc etc but you'll make alot more hard work for yourself by trying to limit every single thing....

That said, ive always been a fan of watching the SC10's and hope that someone organises a big event soon (It aint hard to organise em, I know )
It wouldn't really be hard to check - if you just at least request that everyone runs them as they came i think it would be something most people would be happy to do....

The cars are setup as standard to handle a certain way by Associated - Yeah i'm sure we could all make them handle like a T4 with loads of rear end - simply move Cells back, soften up the rear and it's probably done but i don't personally see the point, i think if everyone just agrees to run them as they come it makes the racing soooo much more enjoyable and even.
Old 14-07-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Ive said to Wez before that ill more than likely attend just to watch, they do really look ace when they race!

Will also be good to so a track flooded with SC10's, more rubbing and bashing that a night in with one of them 'forgien' films

Currently:
JQ fan.
Bellend.

Forums are better than Facebook groups
Old 14-07-2009
Lion-O - King of the Thundercats

Send a message via MSN to bigred5765 Send a message via Skype™ to bigred5765

but thats making more work for people running it, how do you check for oil weight at track side, and doesn't matter if that was enforced, do you really believe that people wouldn't run them every chance they get to practice, remember KISS (keep It Simple Stupid) keep the things that matter to a limit. motor,battery c rating,tyres,i personally wouldn't want to race if i couldn't get the car working for ma boy,that std box setting might work for some drivers and not others,that in its self is unfair advantage.
Old 14-07-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred5765 View Post
but thats making more work for people running it, how do you check for oil weight at track side, and doesn't matter if that was enforced, do you really believe that people wouldn't run them every chance they get to practice, remember KISS (keep It Simple Stupid) keep the things that matter to a limit. motor,battery c rating,tyres,i personally wouldn't want to race if i couldn't get the car working for ma boy,that std box setting might work for some drivers and not others,that in its self is unfair advantage.
If it's the same for everyone i don't see how anything is an unfair advantage at all - If someone's driving better then that's all there is to it??

I'm not saying you could exactly check every detail as there would have to be a large element of trust....

I just don't think the whole SC10 class would be anywhere near as good if you had people popping wheelies, leaving others chasing their tales all day for a set-up when there's a really easy way for all to just run the cars as they came and were designed to handle making it simple and fair for all - Racing is fantastic but it becomes a lot more serious and much more like normal buggy racing if everyone starts chasing set-ups etc.

That's all i'm thinking anyway
Old 14-07-2009

i agree Nick , and i also agree we can go too far on tech, i am going to run mine as is, i am not winning at our club now as tanker and bottle have got SC10s but i AM having a giggle whilst i am racing , and thats all i care about
Old 14-07-2009
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to markwilliamson2001

I think we need to tech:

Motor Limit
Weight
Body
Tires/Wheels
Ride Height (minimum limit set).

Thats it.
Tuning the car's setup should be promoted surely, but hop-ups limited to strength/reliability issues (in the case of the SC10, the diff shims would need to be allowed, as well as wheel modifications, as they can easily strip).

It should come down to driver talent, and tuning/setup. I really think that the speed of these things are limited by the low grip they have, and the power you can put down?