Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > TRUCKS - SC - Truggy - Stadium - Crawler

Old 22-05-2010

Default Rear toe in on sc10

After racing on coventry dirt track(first class track)i need more rear toe in to stop the rear breaking during cornering,I have heard of b44 rear hubs being used but what else is needed and part numbers needed to increase the toe in.
Old 22-05-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Wraggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon kedge View Post
After racing on coventry dirt track(first class track)i need more rear toe in to stop the rear breaking during cornering,I have heard of b44 rear hubs being used but what else is needed and part numbers needed to increase the toe in.
if your usinf the standard rear toe block then thats only 3deg, Ghea make a 3.5 & a 4deg rear brass toe block which is bery popular with SC10 drivers

http://www.p-dubracing.co.uk/page_1267563700774.html

in stock under the B4 header
Old 22-05-2010

Both me, and graveltrap on here, race at coventry, and both of us have the Ghea parts off Wraggy.
He also uses 1deg hubs from STRC in conjunction with the block.

I was using Losi hubs, but you lose adjustable wheelbase with doing this, and last night changed out to B44 hubs.
You also need bearings and crush tubes in order to fit these - parts 7933, and 7935

The hubs are plastic at the moment, but aluminium hubs in various toe ins will be available from next month, and I have some 1deg on back order

I think these are the hubs I fitted last night ( sorry, binned header car so can't check )

http://67.199.85.166/main/productdetails.php?text=9730

Page 2 of this PDF lists the new aluminium options

http://aedownloads.com/press/in_051310_b44-parts.pdf
Old 22-05-2010

Hey Jon, thanks for the comments on the track...It's taken a lot of hard work to get it where it is today!!

[edit]Beaten to it by Plod[/edit]

Onto the SC10!

I'm using the Ghea 18 gram 4 degree toe block, quality bit of kit, note that it might also be a good idea to invest in some anti squat shims as well.

I'm also running 1 degree STRC rear hubs, that makes for a stupid amount of rear toe in probably a little to much if I am honest

I know that the new SC10 come with rear toe blocks of different angles 2.5, 3, 3.5 and 4 degrees lookie here, there are also some rather tasty looking FT rear hubs with varying rates of toe for the B44 coming soon! I've destroyed a bearing or two so that bigger outer one is appealing.

I know Plod has fitted the plastic B44 hubs to his truck now...We will see how that goes on Sunday (truck heat is on at Kiddy). I belive the plastic ones are in fact 0 degree items so the only benefit over stock is that bigger bearing.

I think the biggest gain in rear traction on dirt is made by getting shot of those stock rear tyres!! Proline calibers and Bowties both seem to work well, on the hard packed dusty surface and last a decent amount of time in M2 compound...

I'm waiting on some inserts and wheels for a set of goosebumps to try against the clock as well...I've read they are pretty good in loamy conditions...

Hope my rambling helps you out!

Last edited by graveltrap; 22-05-2010 at 11:03 AM. Reason: A
Old 15-06-2010

Any update chaps, as a fellow SC10'er then keen to know whether to throw some coins at the new AE alloy/plastic B44 hubs or perhaps just go down the Ghea rear bulk route instead?
Associated B4RS (Spek, Castle MM/5700KV, Lipo)
Associated SC10 (Spek, Novak/8.5 Turnigy, Lipo)
www.ddgraphics.co.uk
Old 15-06-2010

I'd look at the AE FT arm mounts, might be more cost effective than the Ghea stuff and it looks like you get the anti squat shims included as well!

Lookie Here

Note stock rear arm mount (as it used to be) is 3 degrees of toe with 2 degrees of anti squat.
Old 15-06-2010

Depends on how much of a tart you are Beanie

As many know, i'm a tart, so the Ghea parts win every time, especially as it adds extra weight to the car.

I still have the aluminium hubs on order, so not out quite yet, although the set up on my truck on sunday leads me to believe I don't actually need the aluminium rear hubs.

I've been struggling a bit on rear traction, but a few changes and the truck was pretty much dialed sunday. The downside as I see it, as I believe Simon is possibly finding is increased tyre wear. The tyres relatively seem to be more on the expensive side, so extra wear isn't ideal.

If you are ordering some Ghea parts, then spend a little extra and get magic pistons whilst you're at it Beanie
Old 15-06-2010

Got my new wheels/tires from here for less than you buy just the tires!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...#ht_1829wt_704

Got Bowtie SC's for our dirt track at Adur, some worn standard tyres for ragging about and some new standard ones (Above) that I'm going to modify, the thing to do is to cut the outer U shaped tread apparently to get better side bite....handy to know if you have to use the kit tyres for a series
www.ddgraphics.co.uk
Old 15-06-2010

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Associated-SC1...#ht_1364wt_754
www.ddgraphics.co.uk
Old 15-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by plod View Post
I've been struggling a bit on rear traction, but a few changes and the truck was pretty much dialed sunday. The downside as I see it, as I believe Simon is possibly finding is increased tyre wear. The tyres relatively seem to be more on the expensive side, so extra wear isn't ideal.
It's the stock tyres that I'm destroying! Surprising as I've only really used them on the astro track I hope the HPI ATTK's last longer...
Old 15-06-2010

Try some goosebumps Karl, then worked really well on our dirt track
Old 15-06-2010

Like the look and reviews on the Subcultures, AKA Enduro's and PL Calibers.....bowties were good though on the dirt, we'll see, they got better as we went with a very predictable slide round the corners..backing it in !!!
www.ddgraphics.co.uk
Old 15-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by graveltrap View Post
I'd look at the AE FT arm mounts, might be more cost effective than the Ghea stuff and it looks like you get the anti squat shims included as well!

Lookie Here

Note stock rear arm mount (as it used to be) is 3 degrees of toe with 2 degrees of anti squat.
Anyone know of anywhere in the UK with the FT arm mounts in stock??
www.ddgraphics.co.uk
Old 26-06-2010

FT Arm mounts on order, how much rear toe in and anti squat are you guys running?
www.ddgraphics.co.uk
Old 26-06-2010

6 degrees rear toe in which is probably far far too much!! I'd go with the 4 degree block to start. Anti squat on my truck is a much more sensible 1 degree
Old 26-06-2010

Yep, I'll lob on the 4 deg toe block and see how it feels, how come so little anti-squat? I thought most were using 2-3 deg. again to settle the rear up a touch? Not saying you're wrong, just intrigued to know your thoughts on this?
www.ddgraphics.co.uk
Old 26-06-2010

I just kinda settled with 1 degree, it helps with stability entering a corner and works better in the bumpy sections of the track. TBH it's something I should play around more, but I have to thread lock the screws into the Ghea block to stop them backing out...

The good thing now is that you have the shims on the way as well so you can experiment!!
Old 26-06-2010

Yep, will try 4 deg toe in when it arrives and 2 degrees of anti squat...however my big handling problem off road right now is the 8.5T motor!! Great on carpet indoors but far to much for dirt!! To swap to a 10.5, or wind down ESC settings and perhaps EPA and stay with the 8.5? Hmm....
www.ddgraphics.co.uk
Old 26-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by plod View Post
Depends on how much of a tart you are Beanie

As many know, i'm a tart, so the Ghea parts win every time, especially as it adds extra weight to the car.
Here's one for you mate!

http://vimeo.com/12800875
www.ddgraphics.co.uk
Old 26-06-2010

Ha ha, nice one beanie

I did have flashing led's on mine earlier in the year - maybe they need to make a reappearance

Was also suggested to do my next shell in the black and white, but unless I can get a pic of jake and ellwood to stick in the window i'm not so sure