Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Ansmann Racing

Old 26-10-2009
Banned

your the boyracer top dog so you think
Old 26-10-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

no, i just like to give people USEFUL advise which i have gathered through MANY YEARS of RACING experience. Not 3 weeks of bashing.

Ansmann Racing UK

RIP - MicroTech Racing

Trader Feedback
Old 26-10-2009
Banned

its like talking to my little boy talking to you topdog
Old 26-10-2009
Banned

ebay shop bigboy is called nilesinstall item number is 140351151714
Old 26-10-2009
Spends too long on oOple ...

Jeez, stop bitching guys.

Stampy, if the guy is just running at club, then they would be fine cells, as long as he got a lipo ready charger and voltage cut-off on the esc.

Jim, not everyone is geared to go racing Regional level, the BRCA list isn't the be-all and end-all of your shopping list.
Old 26-10-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

i know that Steve, but a lot of clubs won't accept them so the advice shouldn't be given with out at least knowing the details of the club first. And the guy is planning to run regionals.

Ansmann Racing UK

RIP - MicroTech Racing

Trader Feedback
Old 26-10-2009
Banned

well said dcm jim76 bigboy the ebay shop called nilesinstall item number is 140351151714 bigboy racer
Old 26-10-2009

Jim, I know, but there is no need to punce and tear a strip, be constructive, it does help.

Stampy, I am not taking sides at all.
Old 26-10-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

i've tried the constructive route Steve, sadly it didn't work. I'm just a little sick of the poor advice he dishes out to beginners who may mistakenly follow his suggetions and wind up in further trouble. None of us want to see beginners put off the hobby because they have spent good money on bad products etc

Ansmann Racing UK

RIP - MicroTech Racing

Trader Feedback
Old 26-10-2009

maybe so, but the best advice is, go to your local club, scope it out, whats the rules. I know we, at COBRA, only stipulate that the cells must be hard cased, not have to be BRCA homologated.
Old 26-10-2009
Banned

i know he thinks he is the topdog my arse can you smell the bull
Old 26-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampede vxlboy View Post
i know he thinks he is the topdog my arse can you smell the bull
And it is comments like that, that pisses people off, fella, think before you press 'Post' if it would piss you off, it most definately would piss someone else off.
Old 26-10-2009
Banned

he allways start
Old 26-10-2009

that doesn't mean you have to react, strewth, it is like having my kids online.
Old 16-11-2009

Default noisy drive in my mad rat

Hi y'all, my mad rat had a noisy drive train , when i took it apart i found that there was only one ballrace in the diff when there should be two, this was allowing the diff to flex and causing a loud noise when accelorating hard, once i replaced the missing bearing it ran very quiet and smooth,there wasnt any thrust race grease in the kit so buy some of that or the thrust race will simply wear out in a few runs.dont waste money on a tiny tube just go to your local hard ware store and get some molybdinum grease, once assembled and set to the correct point fit a foam plug in the outdrive to seal it from the elements and to hold the grease in the thrust race . i found the best diff setting was with the nut retainer that is visable in the outdrive set to about 2.5mm from the inboard end of the outdrive slot, this should give a good free diff with with zero slip and a touch of on power oversteer on grass track with stock kit tyres (that work really well on wet grass ! ),, also i found that i had to run the slipper very loose ( but still enough to move the car) for half a pack then started to adjust from there as the slipper takes a while before it beds in , more like a gripper than a slipper when it was new, .mad rat 004.jpg
Old 16-11-2009
Banned

my was fine from day 1 and still is but for the money there good i put rb5 koysho spur and slipp-er pads and it run like new . but the tyres in the kit are no good at all fit for the bin .buy some full spikes shumacher front and rears . are you using it for racing? or bashing?
Old 17-11-2009

no clubs near me (edinburgh) that i know of, so its just practice,waiting for VRC to get there act together with the off road VRC pro was taking too long,, so i bought the cheapest club spec buggy i could find ,havent done off road( appart from rock crawling) for a couple of years since i sold my b4,, still havent had any breakages yet and i cant grasp why so many folks are trying to fit b4 bits to the mad rat, never too impressed with associated's stuff,leeky shocks, weak brittle plastics in anything other than warm weather,ball joint wear rate were all poor on the 2 associated cars ive owned felt like i lived at the local hobby shop!! ,,thats just one oppinion though. i cant argue with the b4's success.